Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

Now Bundeswehr versus the NVA, that would be quite an interesting conflict. I would in that case create an entity neither Western, nor Eastern, but German.

Yeah, Bundeswehr vs. NVA would be cool.

But would never had happened that way, as the NVA would have been heavily supported by USSR-Troops, and BW-Troops by other Nato-Forces.

Sound`s like Red Storm Rising. yay.gif

I love it.

Yeah, Bundeswehr vs. NVA would be cool.

But would never had happened that way, as the NVA would have been heavily supported by USSR-Troops, and BW-Troops by other Nato-Forces.

Sound`s like Red Storm Rising. yay.gif

I love it.

sounds like another wolr war eh? biggrin_o.gif

as far as i know MG-3 is reballered MG-42 with different flash-hider and extra-sight more

Not entirely correct. The MG-3 as being the german "maschinengewehr 3" has 3 main differences to the MG-42:

- The "NATO Brake"

The MG-42 had a ROF which was not constant but far above the MG-3: around ~1200 rounds/minute and ~1500 max) which created a very scary noise. The MG-3 has been limited to 750 rounds/minute (simply by replacing a steel part with a spring).

- The NATO calibre

The MG-42 used 7,92x57mm as calibre because the Kar98 had the same round. But we all know the NATO uses 7.62x51mm so the mg3 has a 7.62mm bore

- The outfiled swastikas.

wink_o.gif

Those are the differences i know, these don't exclude your statements smile_o.gif

not correct

MG-3 is equipped in 2 different springs and bolts, so it can fire slower and it can fire as fast as MG-42 !!! (2 variants of parts that can be changed easy by soldier)

you wrote about NATO rounds, so look read i wrote "rebarelled"

it means - other barrel because of other ammo (i haven't wrote something that i take for sure) so i knew about Mauser/NATO ammo differences

there was MG-2 but i don't talk about this variant

sounds like another wolr war eh? biggrin_o.gif

Have you read Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancey?

If not, do it.

You can`t imagine what you have missed this far. wink_o.gif

Something is wrong with photobucket. Even if I resize the images it doesn't do nothing there.

Some another teaser shot:

p85ab6gn8.th.jpg

I also wanted to ask about the possible plans for the Polish airforce for the mod.

Are there a plans of making polish versions of MIG-15 fighters? (Lim-2)

I can try to ask bdfy & Volksturm if they could "lend" us their MIG-15 because I thing that planes like recon Lim-1A and attack Lim-2R or twin seat Lim-2A could be usefull for the mod of course if there are a plans of including any planes in polish side.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4339/krzesiny18rbwm0.jpg - Lim-2A

I can also try to ask footmunch about his MIG-23 from OFP because some of them could be usefull on polish side

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Mig2312.jpg

http://www.todo-aviones.com.ar/rusos/mig23/87015.jpg

Do you guys consider any cooperation with CSLA3 Mod? Maybe a possibility to run the mods together or something like merged release next to the main ones. Shared comapaing? Anything?

Cheers.

Ingram - good work :]

zagadaj jutro do mnie na gg

And what about a Sukhoi Su-25, it looks like there is no model of this nice plane, fitting better SLA air force needs in 2008, as well as Soviet VVS around 1985 ?

I will suggest that SU-25, as well as MIG-21/27, is basic stuff for East.

Somewhere in the "Myslencinek" park about 2 kilometers to the city of Bydgoszcz.

"Get down. A cottage, you think its clear? Shit I don't se much throgh this fog"

p85fo7amw3.th.jpg

"I'll go check it"

p85fo5avm4.th.jpg

"Ok. Cover him"

p85fo3anb5.th.jpg

Hi,

(...) I think it would be better to keep it unreleased until we will ascertain and confirm the data that will be available within the Final Pack, as there are tons of daily additions, enhancements and modifications.

You're probably right.

Anyway, that's already good to have that website.

These east europeen buildings look great! smile_o.gif

Good day!

-Soviet-

Oh, how many suggestions here. Good, here're my 5 copecks - I wanna some Buran shuttles and NASA ones to bring Cold War to real star heights. Nice idea, dontcha think? Let's fulfil dreams of "Moonraker" director and old fart Ronny Reagan. goodnight.gif

Talking seriously - we have some plans on Su25, hopefully we won't lack attack plane for soviets. So, have no fear, all ya suggesters.  wink_o.gif

(..) So, have no fear, all ya suggesters.  wink_o.gif

It could be the next subject of the pool on your website! wink_o.gif

Just an idea, not a request... smile_o.gif

-Soviet-

And what about a Sukhoi Su-25, it looks like there is no model of this nice plane, fitting better SLA air force needs in 2008, as well as Soviet VVS around 1985 ?

I will suggest that SU-25, as well as MIG-21/27, is basic stuff for East.

We have several ideas in mind and plan to make them become real progressively and increasingly.

First, we focus on carrying out the major nations having played a major role within the cold war crisis, and then the rest of Warsaw and NATO troops will be gradually performed.

Of course, depending on some variable factors, though.

Regards,

TB

I will add (of course in order to climb in suggesters ranking biggrin_o.gif) it will be good to have a military ZIL truck to shelter ground-controlled interception staff with all the apparatus to direct VVS fighters against imperialist aggressors.

ZIL Radio truckziltruck09vg7.jpg

Well, so far we have a load of vanilla Urals, that play their role quite well. So far we are focused on armored vehicles of all kind (beginning with Bradley and ending self-propelled howitzers like Pion). Remember we're a small team and can't satisfy everyones tastes.  wink_o.gif

(You was approved in rank of suggester! )  rofl.gif

i have found on the internet biggrin_o.gif

MG-3 can be equiped with 2 types of mags to game:

50 rnd drum and 120 rounds  box

wip_mg3_mags.jpg

edit:

MG-3 LOD 0 ready biggrin_o.gif

mg3_p85.jpg

Hello Folks,

i've read this Topic from the First Post - also I'm in Contact with ShadowNX form some "research work"... The Idea to make an ZIL-131 Truck is pretty Cool - but i think an reworked Model of the URAL-375D fit's better to the forthcoming Releases.

Simple Example:

in NVA (East German Army) where

3500 Zil-131 in use

and

13500 Ural-375D

So you can see - the Zil ist a great Vehicle but the URAL was being more used in the "Warsaw Pact" wink_o.gif

Also it's much easyier to make an "real" URAL-375D from the existing BIS-Model of the 4320. For Document's, Sound's, Pictures etc... you can Contact me because I own an URAL-375D.

tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Instead of giving suggestions, i will ask question... When we are able to fight imperalists in ArmA with Project 85?  tounge2.gif  Any release dates?

Onebitlink might be ex spetsnaz, but i'm currently commander in spetsnaz. Not telling which spetsnaz unit, its classified.

rofl.gif  rofl.gif

I just want to thank whoever mentioned the 9th company film earlier in this topic, saw it with my girl this thursday and it was pretty interesting to see a non-US war movie for once.

Oh, and the mod seems to come nicely together too biggrin_o.gif

I was just at the spetsnaz pancake breakfast and movie and I didnt see anyone named Onebitlink there. tounge2.gif

Good work so far Vilas. thumbs-up.gif

2sparks50

9th company sucks. Offtopic, I know. But Bondarchuk distorted real events happened on Hill 3234 to make tearful film for westerners. I won't recommend you to mention this piece of...this film as a trustful historical source. wink_o.gif

aw its a movie 90% of movies aren't made out to be realistic wink_o.gif

they are made to be movies with its own cinematic story line arc and ect. ect. ect.

anyways what will the first release be?

2sparks50

9th company sucks. Offtopic, I know. But Bondarchuk distorted real events happened on Hill 3234 to make tearful film for westerners. I won't recommend you to mention this piece of...this film as a trustful historical source. wink_o.gif

Yes sparks50, in reality this movie is same as many american war movies, that dramatize the events. There are much betetr movies about Afghanistan, such as Afghanskiy Izlom, don't think there is translation for that, but more realistic i'd say.

Adn i jsut came up with suggestions, make some transport planes? To drop VDV troops, with BMD's tounge2.gif I know teams is small, but maybe someone later will decide to make transport plane such as IL-76D.