sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

you know, i'd like to see documentation on how Arma has improved the AI. Because it really seems to have with the suppressing fire and all but no hard facts on what or how?

nvm..

Edited by PuFu

Getting an error when I check for update, says getting 1.08 (I thought we were all on 1.07?) then downloads a 1KB file and I get application errors... does this mean you are updating the server thus I need to wait ?

I must say that lately I've had the most awesome MP games of my life with the ACE mod and several of the major MP servers. This mod + amazing mission makers coupled with solid players who followed proper military procedures and teamwork = THE FINEST MP EXPERIENCE that I've ever had.

I haven't had military training that realistic since I was in the Army.

Superb stuff!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wonder if im the only one whos Antialias setting gets reset to "disabled" every time i launch arma with ace. Doesnt happen without it :O

And now to the suggestions:

Gamelogic to disable that new AI behaviour (they are running off from their waypoints when they hear someone shooting, when they are supposed to stay!) and to disable AI's magic ability to detect me even nobody ever saw nor heard me :S

Elcan Specter to the rest of US arsenal too - love that thing!

Black CARs

And small adjustments to bodyarmor, rounds still seem to be a bit too effective on units with platecarriers :)

I have a question. Why is the FN SCAR called the CAR in game, is this intentional or accidental?

FN renamed it to CAR

Grodin; Not sure about your AA. Weird to say the least! Did you try a proper game shutdown after saving your settings? I remember someone having some issues if he had a windows username which was equal to his ingame nickname, but the profile was created under ArmA "Other" Profiles folder (basically having the same username available under ArmA, and the ArmA "Other" Profiles folder). But that should have nothing to do with ACE :eek:

I must say that lately I've had the most awesome MP games of my life with the ACE mod and several of the major MP servers. This mod + amazing mission makers coupled with solid players who followed proper military procedures and teamwork = THE FINEST MP EXPERIENCE that I've ever had.

I haven't had military training that realistic since I was in the Army.

Superb stuff!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks Miles :) Im sure these kinds of messages will touch our hard working Devs, as it does to me :)

Grodin; Not sure about your AA. Weird to say the least! Did you try a proper game shutdown after saving your settings? I remember someone having some issues if he had a windows username which was equal to his ingame nickname, but the profile was created under ArmA "Other" Profiles folder (basically having the same username available under ArmA, and the ArmA "Other" Profiles folder). But that should have nothing to do with ACE :eek:

Thanks Miles :) Im sure these kinds of messages will touch our hard working Devs, as it does to me :)

I have to say...I rather dont play at all in MP if there are no

server running ACE..

I used to play on XR warfare server before, then i found they had an ACE

server running. WHOOHOO i thought...But, it got shot down...KIA..

Too bad...

There are still some bugs to get fixed, but in allez. LOVE ACE...

Also, have found my way back to CoC.CEX, with ace and GL3...

Man, its getting there, slow but steady...

Yes, i do use different gamename than the default windows one, clan tags and stuff. And that profile is in "ArmA other profiles".

However, if i remove ace from my shortcut, it works just fine, no matter how many times i try. If i put it back, it starts disabling it again. Its very odd :confused:

-nosplash -mod=beta;dbe1;@ace = Antialias is always disabled when i launch the game, even i put it back on every time.

-nosplash -mod=beta;dbe1 = Antialias is always back to normal when i launch the game.

I don't see how mod could do this, but... :(

Edited by Grodin

Hi all,

I'm impressed by your mod !!! :D

But I notice the russian side (my prefered :p ) is not represented as the U.S side.

For the weapon you can use Vila's east weapon.

If you want more information about Russian weapon, I have a PDF which are listed all the weapon, armored vehicle, plane, boat and ammunition.

The PDF is writed in english and russian.

contact me :

P.S: sorry for my bad english

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

Hi all,

But I notice the russian side (my prefered :p ) is not represented as the U.S side.

If you want more information about Russian weapon, I have a PDF which are listed all the weapon, armored vehicle, plane, boat and ammunition.

contact me :

P.S: sorry for my bad english

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

Hi all,

cheers for your kind words, it means a lot for ACE devs, i'm sure

i doubt that is gonna happen, for reasons that is not worth mentioning here

Thank you for your offer, any kind of support is welcome. Please use this issue over our current homepage to attach that PDF, develop on this subject:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1160

the command

this addMagazineCargo [""ACE_9K111_1M"",10];

don't work

anybody know why ?

I want to add magazine for Konkurs in a box but it don't work

you only need 2 quotes ;)

... ["ACE_9K111_1M",10]

there is only 2 quotes

(it is because I have make a copy paste from the file mission.sqm)

this addMagazineCargo [""ACE_9K111_1M"",10];
or 
this addMagazineCargo ["ACE_9K111_1M",10];

don't work

from mission.sqm

class Item79
	{
		position[]={9756.537109,139.994995,10169.616211};
		id=113;
		side="EMPTY";
		vehicle="ACE_HuntIRBox";
		skill=0.600000;
		text="A_IR";
		init="this addWeaponCargo [""ACE_ParachutePack"",25];this addWeaponCargo [""NVGoggles"",25];this addMagazineCargo [""ACE_9K111_1M"",10];";
};

ACE_ParachutePack --> OK

NVGoggles --> OK

ACE_9K111_1M --> nothing

I have tried with all mun

ACE_9K111_1

ACE_9K111_1_5

ACE_9K111_1M

and it don't work

Edited by gonza

anyone know why I might be getting this error when trying to place any of the 2 Stryker MGS variants? I've reinstalled the full 1.07 version and same issue.

When placing the MGS or SLAT varients - others seem to work fine

No entry

'bin\config/CfgVehicles/ACE_Stryker_MGS/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics.maxHorizontalRotSpeed'.

No entry

'bin\config/CfgVehicles/ACE_Stryker_MGS/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics.MGunClouds.

Ppl with FPS Loss in ACE might want to take a look at these 2 tickets:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1153

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/1238

and related tickets.

anyone know why I might be getting this error when trying to place any of the 2 Stryker MGS variants? I've reinstalled the full 1.07 version and same issue.

When placing the MGS or SLAT varients - others seem to work fine

No entry

'bin\config/CfgVehicles/ACE_Stryker_MGS/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics.maxHorizontalRotSpeed'.

No entry

'bin\config/CfgVehicles/ACE_Stryker_MGS/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics.MGunClouds.

Seems like bug. Please report here, i'll assign someone to take a look. Tnx! Edited by Sickboy

I noticed in the ACE feature wiki it says that you can disable fog using ACE_FX_Environment_NoFog = true.

Where do I find this to change the setting? I had hoped it was in the Dta folder, but apparently not.

Also is there a quick way to disable the wound features of ACE so that I can play SP missions? (I have searched the thread but couldn't find anything).

Thanks

I noticed in the ACE feature wiki it says that you can disable fog using ACE_FX_Environment_NoFog = true.

Where do I find this to change the setting? I had hoped it was in the Dta folder, but apparently not.

Not available in any config. ATM you can set it in your mission, if you dont want to use the ACE Fog.
Also is there a quick way to disable the wound features of ACE so that I can play SP missions? (I have searched the thread but couldn't find anything).

Thanks

Why do you need to disable wounds to play SP? :)

In any case, you can simply put away the ace_sys_wounds addon to disable it. You will get some errors but it should be working :)

Thanks sickboy.

Why do you need to disable wounds to play SP?

With the wound system active it can take quite a while for the downed opfor to bleed out and die so the mission will complete.

Thanks sickboy.

With the wound system active it can take quite a while for the downed opfor to bleed out and die so the mission will complete.

Thanks for reply! Makes sense :)

Thanks sickboy.

This is also happening a lot in MP missions. Lots of them are requiring every opfor to be dead.

Hm, seems the anti-aliasing issue fixed itself after a while, nothing should be different and now its working again, very odd.

Anyway, is there way to disable the scripted attack chopper behaviour? They seem to try hiding behind trees and diving on the targets but they just end up crashing into forests and tall buildings, their scripting apparently overwrites any flyinheight or waypoint mode commands.

And im still hoping to find away to override other AI scripts as well, having tank drive into the sea at a HOLD waypoint just because someone saw an enemy is simply not cool :S

Hm, seems the anti-aliasing issue fixed itself after a while, nothing should be different and now its working again, very odd.
Very weird indeed :)
Anyway, is there way to disable the scripted attack chopper behaviour? They seem to try hiding behind trees and diving on the targets but they just end up crashing into forests and tall buildings, their scripting apparently overwrites any flyinheight or waypoint mode commands.

And im still hoping to find away to override other AI scripts as well, having tank drive into the sea at a HOLD waypoint just because someone saw an enemy is simply not cool :S

We have no such scripts. (We had suppression scripts on AI-on-foot, but this is causing performance issues and odd behaviour)

The issues you saw are probably the cause of overtuning of some of our AI config settings, resulting in the odd behaviour.

For 1.08 we have made a lot of changes to rebalance the AI, and have eliminated some bugs with regard to AI behaviour.