Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Well it looks promising indeed, but I fear that cqc will still suffer a bit. From what it looks like, when you crawl to left side with zoomed into weapon-view, I always hated that feature in arma when the scope swayed in your eyes and out of eyes.

Could there bee a way to move on sides while keeping the gun still please? would help 20000x to keep aim in CQC!

How do you mean? In RL crawling is very difficult (especially with kit on) and I don't think you can aim and crawl at the same time, even a short distance, unless you get up slightly. If you did keep aiming it'd shake so much anyway, surely?

Wow, nice goth girl in Arma 2, I'll buy it :yay: (the game, the game :D )

Anyway, little head movement when running, nice immersion ! But *absolutely* no move when stopped breaks the thing a bit.

Wow... Each time I see something new about Arma2, I'm more anxious to get it !

How do you mean? In RL crawling is very difficult (especially with kit on) and I don't think you can aim and crawl at the same time, even a short distance, unless you get up slightly. If you did keep aiming it'd shake so much anyway, surely?

No the point is that the gun sways way too much forward and back. lnot sideways. In similar fashion when you walk slowly in arma and your gun sways forward and back continously. I can't get oriented ever to fight with that view.

And IRL, i have tested this and never had such issue when crawling/slowly walking. I could make tactical maneuver perfectly(yes the gun sways, but not as much as this and not this awkward!).

Ah right, I misunderstood you. Yeah I don't like that about the game, but ACE will fix that, hopefully, as it did for ARMA1 :)

woohoo, tanks completely raze houses (maybe even APFDS will be able to destroy houses in two shots :pray:) not to mention we have to guess where the shots will land. :clap:

woohoo, tanks completely raze houses (maybe even APFDS will be able to destroy houses in two shots :pray:) not to mention we have to guess where the shots will land. :clap:

bah guessing is little wrong idea. I think we need proper FCS. So we could calculate where and how to shoot. but in same time, I believe we can get oriented to that kind of shooting pretty fast:cool:

Uh how do you watch the video ?

Thanks

Didn't get it to play in FF, but it works in IE.

If you want it to work in FF, click on the Real Player button (as long as you have it).

Didn't get it to play in FF, but it works in IE.

Works , thanks !

For some reasont the video isn't playing very well. It stops all of a sudden and becomes a slide show.

press the "Do okna" square (second to the last). It will download the asx so that it plays on your own media player which i found to give me much faster streaming for some reason and no stopping.

Hello,

I do have a question concerning that video.

Are we seeing the Xbox User Interface again?

I wonder about the rank system. In the past. The Blue Force only went to Colonal. Witch skipped Lt. Col. While the Red Force went to Gen.

Also. Being based on the USMC MEU(SOC). Will the health care in the game be done by Medics(Army)? Are by the right branch. The Corpsman(Navy). Being thet the Corpsman train with the Marine Corps. Due to the fact the USMC do not have Medical Personal.

Just wondering.

Edited by ScorpionGuard

I wonder about the rank system. In the past. The Blue Force only went to Colonal. Witch skipped Lt. Col. While the Red Force went to Gen.

Also. Being based on the USMC MEU(SOC). Will the health care in the game be done by Medics(Army)? Are by the right branch. The Corpsman(Navy). Being thet the Corpsman train with the Marine Corps. Due to the fact the USMC do not have Medical Personal.

Just wondering.

I believe that in the press kit they mentioned that the medic on Razor team is from the Navy. So that means that they are at least aware of it.

I wonder about the rank system. In the past. The Blue Force only went to Colonel. Which skipped Lt. Col. While the Red Force went to Gen.

In OFP 1 and ArmA 1, the rank system was the same for both sides.

The rank structure was as follows,

Private

Corporal

Sergeant

Lieutenant

Major

Colonel

Hopefully, there are more ranks and ranks from different branches, like the Navy and Air Force, for example.

I believe that in the press kit they mentioned that the medic on Razor team is from the Navy. So that means that they are at least aware of it.

Hopefully, there are U.S. Navy Corpsmen instead of mdics. In BF2, Crysis, and many other games that feature the U.S. Marines, there are medics instead of Corpsmen which is a huge factual error.

Basically, the U.S. Marines can do little without the U.S. Navy. The Marines and Navy work heavily together in real life, as the Marines are part of the Navy. Hopefully BIS realizes this and it is somehow implemented in ArmA 2.

Also. Being based on the USMC MEU (SOC). Will the health care in the game be done by Medics (Army)? Are by the right branch. The Corpsman (Navy). Being thet the Corpsman train with the Marine Corps. Due to the fact that the USMC do not have medical personnel.

I believe that Navy Corpsmen will be included because in ArmA 2 because like Jakerod said, the ArmA 2 Press Kit mentioned U.S. Navy Corpsmen, which is a huge plus. :)

Edited by Laqueesha

Do any of you know if BIS has added more tyoes of grenades, mines (hopefully claymores & bouncing betties), and explosive to the game. I would love to be a Navy EOD ingame.

Edited by ScorpionGuard

You know I always wondered about that with BF2, though I think they were just following the old formula of their previous titles without ever changing the "themes" of the classes, though when you call out while wounded it would of been nice if they yelled "corpsman" instead of "medic". It also confused me in Crysis, especially the beginning of Warhead when Sykes yells "medic" to a bunch of marines, though he himself being army, maybe it was one of the many funny slip ups on the writer's part.

I would love to be a U.S. Navy EOD in-game.

I don't know if BIS will do go that far, but I saw some U.S. Navy flight deck crew in a video. In the video, the crewmemember was wearing red, which is ordnance crew.

You know I always wondered about that with BF2, though I think they were just following the old formula of their previous titles without ever changing the "themes" of the classes, though when you call out while wounded it would of been nice if they yelled "corpsman" instead of "medic." It also confused me in Crysis, especially the beginning of Warhead when Sykes yells "medic" to a bunch of Marines, though he himself being Army, maybe it was one of the many funny slip ups on the writer's part.

Well in BF2, the Corpsman/Medic blunder was a huge factual error.

Regarding Crysis, there was a scene in the original Crysis game in which a U.S. Marine was talking to a Corpsman.

However, it was only one instance and in the rest of the game they were called medics.

Edited by Laqueesha

Thx. But does anyone know about the grenades, mines, or explosive in-game.

I'm pretty sure all the grenades, explosives and mines that were included in previous games will very likely be in ArmA 2, but I'm not BIS so I don't know for sure.

I don't know if BIS will do go that far, but I saw some U.S. Navy flight deck crew in a video. In the video, the crewmemember was wearing red, which is ordnance crew.

Well in BF2, the Corpsman/Medic blunder was a huge factual error.

Regarding Crysis, there was a scene in the original Crysis game in which a U.S. Marine was talking to a Corpsman.

However, it was only one instance and in the rest of the game they were called medics.

Yeah, definately a goof on the writers. Much like the comical "My left/right engine is hit!" bit with the single engine jet O'neal was flying that was shot down.