Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I've kind of got to agree with the IGN review. I'm liking ARMA 2 a lot right now, and loved Operation Flashpoint, but the game does have some show-stopping bugs.

I mean, I wasn't able to even complete the first mission without using the console to end the mission.

Also mutliplayer offers a lot of potential, but it's pretty hard to understand to the average gamer. I mean, I run around and don't know what to do most of the time. Doesn't help when the commander in a CTI match isn't giving orders.

So yeah, ARMA 2 has endless potential and is sure to improve in the future, but right now it can be painful some times to play.

It's hard to trust IGN after their E:TW review though... or many others for that matter.

I've had trouble trusting reviews ever since almost everyone gave Far Cry 2 90%+ scores. Even PC Gamer magazine, who I've been with for more than 10 years, gave the game an editor's choice and was their Action game of the year. Ugh.

I've had trouble trusting reviews ever since almost everyone gave Far Cry 2 90%+ scores. Even PC Gamer magazine, who I've been with for more than 10 years, gave the game an editor's choice and was their Action game of the year. Ugh.

Yes, that was one of the "others" I mentioned as well. That was a dissapointment as well.

Eh, Far Cry 2. So dulllllllllllll. Pretty. BUT DULL TO THE BONE.

This is making me insane, one day to go and not one store in south florida, USA has any information about a hard copy of ARMA2 what is the deal.

I know you can get the game from a download sites since 6/26/09 but if ARMA2 is ever going to be big hit in the states it needs a hard copy in stores and some real in store advertisement. The NA publisher GOT GAME what hard copy game did they ever do before and the real big question have they ever published a console game before.

FC2 was a horrible, horrible game, at least on the PS3, the so call 'free roaming' aspect of the game was a joke. To many hills that you couldnt climb. Sod that !

FC2 was a horrible, horrible game, at least on the PS3, the so call 'free roaming' aspect of the game was a joke. To many hills that you couldnt climb. Sod that !

What the hell does FARCRY have to do with ARMA2 PRESS COVERAGE!

People lets stay focus on ARMA2 lol.

Now #4 at Gamespot most popular PC :)

Hi all

3rd week Running No. 2 on the UK PC software charts.

Kind regards walker

And averaging 79% on metacritic

At least 2 german Reviews with less than 60% are still missing.... one had even 3/10....:rolleyes:

This isn't exactly press coverage, but it is a day old and I didn't see anyone mention it here on the forums yet...

I find it very informative and it describes very well the difference between ArmA2 and standard FPS shooters. This particular part describes the basics and controls.

SSKIgfdg7fY

Btw, is it just me, or does Jan looks like he could use some sleep? It's a good thing to know that they work deadly overtimes at BIS though :rolleyes:

Edited by Placebo

GameSpot's Most Popular Available Now: ArmA II is #8

Looks as though it could be #11 or 12 overall by looking at other games on each list.

Btw, is it just me, or does Jan looks like he could use some sleep? It's a good thing to know that they work deadly overtimes at BIS though :rolleyes:

I mentioned that to him as well, looking really tired poor guy :(

I mentioned that to him as well, looking really tired poor guy :(

Haha, true. I'm aware it's my ussual appereance last years :)

Haha, true. I'm aware it's my ussual appereance last years :)

I would suggest BI some pause before starting on working on ArmA3 then, ArmA2 will keep us busy for years anyway :p

don't work on ArmA3 just get some quality campaign's with some great islands!

go the EA (the sims) route on this one ;) I wouldn't mind actually I've seen great quality in every release from you guys. :D Release through sprocket make it cheap and we'll support you as we always will ;)

* I might start running now after having said EA on this forum*

Hi all

Neoseeker headline:

ArmA II tears across North America

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/11222-arma-ii-tears-across-north-america/

Using the same Simulation Engine used in training by the US Army, US Marine Corps, US Special Forces and the US secret Service, retail Coppies of the DVD have hit US stores at $49.99 USD and it looks set to hit US Number One in the US PC game charts.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I hope Bis gets happy by the great Sales, maybe even Arma 2 will outsell the original flashpoint?

I hope they do well and continue making these games, and perhaps expand their company so that the bugs can be quashed before release, and polish added. ARMA2 is the closest we can get to what we all want, but it's still a journey away (not necessarily a criticism).