Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Or, he has an external recording box that can record in HD, in which case can record without using any resources from the pc. Considering the amount of cash he seems to have on a system, an extra $200 on a HD PVR box wouldn't seem like such a bad investment.

While that could be nice, I don't do that currently. Normal Fraps recording method.

would be nice to start this idea with the new dslyecxi up coming news.

Come on D you already owe me a new keyboard my F5 is broken:D

While that could be nice, I don't do that currently. Normal Fraps recording method.

Aha! So that does prove you have a super computer from NASA thats soaked in liquid nitrogen!

Well I'll be damned. Anywho guys, back on topic....eh...

Well how's that upcoming video huh? And those scenery screenshots.

Well I'll be damned. Anywho guys, back on topic....eh...

Well how's that upcoming video huh? And those scenery screenshots.

tir_5_side-panel.png

The TrackIR is a 6DOF (six degrees of freedom) head-tracking device that allows you to control your in-game view via natural head movements, scaled up to requires as much or as little movement as you want. If you'd like to see a video demo of the TrackIR5 in ArmA2,

I highly recommend looking into getting one of these if you're interested in ArmA2 or flight sims and driving games in general.

You really won't find any other upgrades out that will improve gaming immersion as dramatically as this.

source

You won't get betters news until dslyecxi release any proper news ;)

Unfortunately video is private so far.

edit: Damn it, i waited 3 hours just to watch the movie in my late 30th April. I'm too tired to be up more time ARF! :436:

Edited by bravo 6

I understand you guys are trying to help, but by doing so, you're doing exactly the thing we don't want you to, and that is, steering this thread offtopic.

For now I think we're fine with having discussions about press releases here, but steering offtopic isn't tolerated too much. Line between ontopic and offtopic in this thread is blurry as is, and the best way to help it is by restraining yourself to post when it's in that blurred area.

From my point of view, having to come here and post warnings every few hours isn't helping the situation either.

On the other hand, I believe major ArmA2 fansites (Which seem to track and post new infos from this thread pretty fast) and ArmA2.com and all have the capability of RSS feeds which can be used to track new ArmA2 information without having to exclusively rely on this thread alone.

Replying to my post won't help either, so don't do it. :bored:

Edited by Sniperwolf572

the castle is really nice, and also the orthodox church. they give a great feeling in this environnment.

I'm pleased to see Dslyecxi's cpu to be the same as mine :) with that detail and all, now just need Trackir.

Also just read the Chernaurus intel page, its so rich in detail and all, I love it.

I mean compare it to:

Q. Tell us about the Island?

A. Yes well, its an Island that China owned that got taken by Japan and then Russia in WW2 and then the Russians forgot to give it back to China and now the Chinese want it again......so they attack.

Q. O why is that?

A. Ummm. Well.......psst why do China attack again.......its oil isn't it, thats how we get America involved isn't it..right yea thanks........*cough* yes the Chinese attack because of OIL. Yeah! Then America come fight and help the Russians because of OIL!

Which do you think is better thought out, researched?, presented, integrated into the main plot, etc.

Edit:

Good eye. Lol. Edited by SAbre4809

I'm pleased to see Dslyecxi's cpu to be the same as mine :) with that detail and all, now just need Trackir.

Also just read the Chernaurus intel page, its so rich in detail and all, I love it.

I mean compare it to:

Q. Tell us about the Island?

A. Yes well, its an Island that China owned that got taken by Japan and then Russia in WW2 and then the Russians forgot to give it back to China and now the Chinese want it again......so they attack.

Q. O why is that?

A. Ummm. Well.......psst why do China attack again.......its oil isn't it, thats how we get America involved isn't it..right yea thanks........*cough* yes the Chinese attack because of OIL. Yeah! Then America come fight and help the Russians because of OIL!

Which do you think is better thought out, researched?, presented, integrated into the main plot, etc.

Edit: Good eye. Lol.

I always think the OFP:DR plot is a lots of BS but man you really sum it up

:biggrin_o:

Hi all

With regard to Sabre Tooth Sniper's comment on the complexity of the backstory in ArmA II vs. DR.

This comes back to the earlier discusion about what is Art. It is the question of spending time to add quality and there by create Art.

Over all what I see from BIS is an attention to detail and them setting for themselves goals that are so high that they are forced to work to achieve them. Some times they even set them selves impossible goals but in striving to achieve them produce the best they can.

That is the difference between the artist and some one who is just going through the motions.

Kind regards walker

Question to Dslyecxi:

Are those the final shadows(I'm assuming you run the game on maxed settings)? I thought that BIS had fixed the problems with their soft shadow rendering.

Question to Dslyecxi:

Are those the final shadows(I'm assuming you run the game on maxed settings)? I thought that BIS had fixed the problems with their soft shadow rendering.

Also is that ugly UI final? To be fair, it's a simple huge box with two words on it:rolleyes:

Hi all

I noticed Develop Magazine picked up the Bohemia Interactive and 505 Press Release but also spotted this little Gem at the end:

...The Intel is being declassified in thematic groups every 12 hours starting this morning at 10:00 CET.

ARMA II will be available on June 26th 2009 on PC.

Ultimate military simulator, for the ultimate combat experience.

My use of bold in the quote As always follow the link for full context and story

http://www.developmag.com/press-releases/46888/ARMA-II-Introduction-to-Chernarus

Kind Regards Walker

I'm impressed by the new muzzle flash effects in Dslyecxi's video. Note that at 7:49 in daylight it's mostly smoke. At 8:11 in twilight it's a bright flash. Very nice.

Question to Dslyecxi:

The game is not final, thus... nothing in the videos can assumed to be 'final'.

Okay then. Thanks. I don't know if you can answer this, but when vehicles are submerged in water, do they explode or just cease to work after a while like in real life? It's quite unrealistic for them to explode, and always bugs me in ArmA.

Edit: Is the new vehicle destruction even in the version of ArmA II that you have?

Edited by Stimpak_Addict