Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I still would take care of it....

The Player who wrote that review was talking about his first impressions.

They were also good in the game video and screenshots.

so the missing file bug is a know one from now on, but what about other bugs that pc games.de mentioned? script errors, AI(the user review say the AI is fast and precise but depend on what the diffcult level are, while PC games.de say they are slow and pathfinding is a NO-NO) and "showstoppers"?:confused:
Ein "Showstopper" war jedenfalls nicht dabei

Means roughly

A showstopper was jedenfalls* not there

* I think this means something like 'at least' but i cant really translate it to English, but AFAIK it adds emphasis.

The only other bugs he talks about are a missing file bug (for music in the campaign), and (I guess) that a helicopter didnt take of in one of the tutorial missions.

Also, in the bugs paragraph he says that the AI reach their goals and keep to their paths, so that has definately improved over ArmA1. :D

Means roughly

A showstopper was jedenfalls* not there

* I think this means something like 'at least' but i cant really translate it to English, but AFAIK it adds emphasis.

The only other bugs he talks about are a missing file bug (for music in the campaign), and (I guess) that a helicopter didnt take of in one of the tutorial missions.

Also, in the bugs paragraph he says that the AI reach their goals and keep to their paths, so that has definately improved over ArmA1. :D

basically means "at least, there wasnt a blocker"

what? so the opinion of the reviewers who criticised the game are to be dismissed, yet a random stranger on an anonymous board is to be believed? :confused:

and how was PC Games irresponsible? for testing the game and warning their readers? come on.

The only irresponsible part as i see is that they didnt bother to patch up the game nor tell developers what had happened and when straight to warning people that there is bugs, i could see things getting a lot worser through, i know you might say: "now they make it public and everyone knows the problem", but what if they decied to stick with the review date and let the bugs remain untold to the developers?

basically means "at least, there wasnt a blocker"

The campaign seems to get unplayable after "Manhatten"-mission. As he´s still at the start of campaign he hasn´t run into the problems yet.

Sorry, at PC games there were 3 testers testing the game while on the other hand we have one unverified tester who hasn´t made progress into the campaign.

Be the judge.

what? so the opinion of the reviewers who criticised the game are to be dismissed, yet a random stranger on an anonymous board is to be believed? :confused:

and how was PC Games irresponsible? for testing the game and warning their readers? come on.

Look...when you plan to put up some title like "Arma2: A total bug disaster " , two days before the official release of the game, you have the obligation to contact publisher & developer and to confirm that the copy you received is the final with no error etc and let them know what you'll post. This is a simple "common courtesy" and "business ethics".

If you are going to publish such an accusing article, possibly causing some sales, you just need to give the provider a chance to defend themselves or correct a mistake made by whomever...

Nobody saying hold it, but at least hear what the publisher/developer has to say on the issue first and then release whatever you want.

it was assumed there were install errors as one of the brief translator posts on page 409 ( post 4086 iirc) stated that they were getting error pop ups about missing files, which would really only happen if something wasnt installed correctly.

Actually I think there was some confusion around this quote in the first post concerning this;

There are even people of some computer-forums reported, who installed the version already today (too) and they even have bugs during installation...

Somewhere it got confused with the translation from the actual pre-review, and then it snowballed.

The only irresponsible part as i see is that they didnt bother to patch up the game nor tell developers what had happened and when straight to warning people that there is bugs

the article just says that they have now received a beta version of a patch. nowhere does it say that they've had the patch all along.

their responsibilities - if you wanna call it that - lie with their readers, not with the publishers and developers.

In the comments to this warning one of the editors said they had been testing the game for a couple of days and the beta patch only arrived today.

And did the patch fix the problems?

EDIT: Apparently the readme says that it fixes alot, furthermore PCGames.de complains that the patched version wont be sold immediately in Germany.

Edited by NeMeSiS

In the comments to this warning one of the editors said they had been testing the game for a couple of days and the beta patch only arrived today.

yep. seems like Morphicon/BIS are trying to contain the spreading wildfire. why did Morphicon have to insist on releasing the game before anyone else? they already messed up the ArmA release. :j:

Pc games must have had quit a lot of hits on their website today, nice PR stunt...

No seriously, ill wait for more player-reviews before cursing at the screen....

Hi all

ArmA II just grabbed the top slot in game of the week on gamestar

It´s been there all week long....because it´s going to be released this week. :pet6:

It´s been there all week long....because it´s going to be released this week. :pet6:

Hmm Balschoiw

Hidden under thirty pages of "The Sky is falling!" hysteria after a since pulled article about bugs in a pre release that was not patched up to date and may have been loading in out of date beta data. Oh and concern troll posts suspecting a press embargo of few days before realease as being an insideous censorship play by the publisher/developer/press conspiracy to foist on everyone a fake game!

I am not surprised I missed it.

So ArmA II has been game of the week for Gamestar and No 1 on Videogamer and what draws the most comment? An article that broke embargo and did not follow standard journalistc practice of right to correct or reply and had to be pulled as giving incorrect information.

Kind Regards walker

I don't get why many of you post about gamestar everyday. It isn't exactly big and famous site like Gamespot or IGN. Who cares about rankings, previews & reviews of Arma 2 there. I just don't get it. Forget it.

Well, I just scrolled through many pages of panicking to find one post containing something that actually amuses me. Thank you for spotting the new pics of Chernarus.

On the bad review:

Did they try to even install from a different disc? Even a simple uninstall and reinstall? This article seems quite suspicious...

Edited by Stimpak_Addict
A bit more specific of what the pics were of.

A happy German just bought ArmA2, and he's going to post he's impressions off it, in here. Keep tuned in.

On the bad review:...

Hi Stimpak_Addict

They pulled it, partialy embaresment maybe, people cannot even find what it used to say.

I think we should all consider it water under the bridge and await the real reviews of the German version which will start after tommorow.

Kind regards walker

All posts with discussion on how the forums are moderated are removed, the next one who thinks he must discuss this in the public won't get away that cheap.

Now that we see that people do have the game, I'm expecting some juicy gameplay videos, and will be busy searching for them. :D

A happy German just bought ArmA2, and he's going to post he's impressions off it, in here. Keep tuned in.

OMG, they really translated Chernarus into "Tschernarusslan".... how ugly...

Shouldn't Chernarus be called Chernarus everywhere?

Imgine someone tried to translate Sarahni into something else :rolleyes:

OMG, they really translated Chernarus into "Tschernarusslan".... how ugly...

Shouldn't Chernarus be called Chernarus everywhere?

Imgine someone tried to translate Sarahni into something else :rolleyes:

Nop, and you should know that. Germany-Alemanha-Deutschland-etc....