Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

That cow looks much much better than i first thaught they would look!

Funny!

This image: http://www.arma2.com/images/stories/chernarus/nature/arma2_chernarus_nature_01.jpg

Was just released here: http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2009/120/952481_20090502_screen002.jpg

Larger resolution aswell! The Arma 2 logo seems to be in diffrent positions though...

Edit:

The water on this image: http://www.arma2.com/images/stories/chernarus/nature/arma2_chernarus_nature_05.jpg

Looks not good at all if you ask me. To me it looks more like the GIANT black hole. Wait, maybe it is? Lol!

Edited by Debate

Well the water is very dark from that angle. You know how good the water look in ARMA2.

Dont tell me this is bad: ARMA2 Water

EDIT: Too slow ;)

amazing pictures, only the cow seems strange, a little bit metallic:p

Nah...its just a bit shiny. Very common for cows in eastern Europe

These are some of the best in-game screens I have ever seen in any game, ever. They look better than real. :D

:mad: <--- God

Hi all

These are some of the best in-game screens I have ever seen in any game, ever. They look better than real. :D

:mad: <--- God

Darwin "BIS must be using some form of Genetic Algorithm" ;)

Kind Regards walker

Yeah! That one looks good. But i still don't like the black hole thingy picture...

It looks like a missing texture, and likely they may not have released this image had it not been found...

Agreed though that the other (looks like a ford) water looks peachy!

I dunno.. perhaps its just a personal thing with the hangers. I mean, I have no problem seeing the old OFP buildings used etc.. I guess its just that that hanger is just down right craptastic compared to OFP's or any of these for example:

32560573.jpg

I dunno, I guess its just personal preference. I'd at least wish they'd change that dreadful color. :)

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=3-arma2_eprison_04.jpg

Take a look at that picture, see all the trees have disapeared after , my guess is 2000m. hopefully that is one of the view distance setttings... ???

In ArmA 1 it would be the "object detail" setting. Although for it to be as bad as that screenshot I imagine it would need to be 'low' or 'very low'.

On the subject of water, seeing that recent screenshot of the ford, i wonder if there is any realistic reaction to the water when you drive through it, or is it just a layered image that you will pass through.

One thing about the recent pics is that they look amazing, but is it all just for show, or can we break trees and splash through water.

OFP:DR devs have said there island is fully interacable, deforming terrain and the like. I would assume if you broke down a wall or fence, only a small part would fall, unlike in ArmA, the whole wall falls.

I'd also like to see the AI tackling fences, as i'm pretty sure they wont step-over them as the player can now seem to be able to do.

Nice pics ! I really hope the game will be well optimized so we can enjoy them at the max

It is clear that I will settle in the North.

Who will you fight with? If it's napa, let me know when you want to ambush a convoy.

Ohh...and there is a lake on the fifth picture :)

It is not a secret that i do badly miss FLIR/TI in ArmAII, but these pictures let me forget about it a little. Those are stunning pictures, really,especially from the nature's page on arma2.com. When OFP2 becomes a 'realistic walking simulator... with ingame crashes', than ArmAII will definitely become the new nature simulator.

Where Sahrani lacks in 'i feel being home'-mentality, Chernarus seems to rock in every aspect. Now that's like a true successor to OFP! In Addition to what Dyslexci says (i'm ignoring his pretended dyslexia, since his nick is a real crackjack and every time it stops me from reading on, as my brain tries to assemble the name correctly ;)) about the new animation model in ArmAII and that he starts to find even deathmatches can be fun. ArmAII seems a rounded product, in both, visual- and gameplay-wise.

Fine so far, damn fine!

On the subject of water, seeing that recent screenshot of the ford, i wonder if there is any realistic reaction to the water when you drive through it, or is it just a layered image that you will pass through.

One thing about the recent pics is that they look amazing, but is it all just for show, or can we break trees and splash through water.

OFP:DR devs have said there island is fully interacable, deforming terrain and the like. I would assume if you broke down a wall or fence, only a small part would fall, unlike in ArmA, the whole wall falls.

I'd also like to see the AI tackling fences, as i'm pretty sure they wont step-over them as the player can now seem to be able to do.

Since BI never said the game would be that detailed, I would not put many hope on it

Regarding the airfield, this is what hardened shelters usually look like in Eastern Europe.

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hardenedsheltervvsexamp.jpg

The current ones are too big and they prevent the placing of multiple (protected) aircraft. Although it's too late to change that now, and the current hangars should serve their purpose.

Chernarus is looking very nice. It seems people should be able to actually relate to the terrain this time, unlike with generic Sahrani. It has a true Eastern Bloc feel to it, right down to the decaying Chernogorsk sign.

pretty sure that we won't see such details in multiplayer games. Like in arma1 viewdistance will be limited by fog.

pretty sure that we won't see such details in multiplayer games. Like in arma1 viewdistance will be limited by fog.

Well that all depends on the mission, a lot of custom missions (mostly coop) have a view distance slider so people can set it to how they want... when it comes to VS missions then it should be set server side so it's the same for everyone.