Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Agreed. Heck...why haven't we seen them do something like in this:

http://www.armedassault.eu/images/morfeoshow/inside_arma2-7989/big/SR_russian_mout_2.jpg

Is there a good reason why we haven't seen them act smart and do amazing things? like in that AI video where one AI was tactically moving around in the city. Where's that centimeter precision ?

All we've seen is AI laying on the floor. :/

looking at this screenshot, i wonder how to get a graphical quality like this, the ingame screenshots we´ve seen so far are very far from that screenshot, even though the devs claimed that those are 100% ingame and not edited via photoshop or anything. This wants me to ask the devs, if those SS are really ingame with fulelst possible settings how does the game run then?

Aside from the recently released video where Ivan Buchta mentioned a basic mission editor for consoles (filmed 2008), has there been any press release/news about how exactly the mission editor will work for consoles? i.e. how basic/complex it is?

the enemy has been unable to see us two meters behind him, but has been able to stop us with a one-kilometre shot. Anyway, that's ArmA and part of its main attraction: the difficulty.

1. AIs rushed forward even when player killed couple of it's mates few seconds earlier. They had wall which they could have used as cover, they had tree which they could have used as cover. But what did they? They rushed forward in ArmA-style. Another kind of reactions have been part of computer games for years.

and other AI issues :/ sucks

i hoped that stupid "engage-kamikadze" which made Arma worse than OFP will be deleted

so Arma 2 is now in my eyes some kind of Chernarus mod for A1 :(

not completly changed and valid engine which we awaited after OFP super game

Another improvement on the scenery is that we can use it to hide more effectively. We can use shrubs and tall grass to hide in an effective way. It refers to the difference between coverage and shelter.

nothing new

even in OFP - view geometry LOD of model

i can make as addon:

> glass wall that AI see through although cannot kill - just nothing in view geometry LOD, so for AI eyes wall not exist

> paper wall - you don't see through it, but you can kill - simply wall in view geometry, but nothing in fire geometry LOD

so whats new ???

it works since 2001

i hoped that stupid "engage-kamikadze" which made Arma worse than OFP will be deleted

so Arma 2 is now in my eyes some kind of Chernarus mod for A1

not completly changed and valid engine which we awaited after OFP super game

nothing new

even in OFP - view geometry LOD of model

i can make as addon:

> glass wall that AI see through although cannot kill - just nothing in view geometry LOD, so for AI eyes wall not exist

> paper wall - you don't see through it, but you can kill - simply wall in view geometry, but nothing in fire geometry LOD

so whats new ???

it works since 2001

Thats something ARmA II is definitely not.

You're just ignoring the good sides while always constant

moan and slapping them for doing things, which are

not right in YOUR eyes.

I cannot take you serious, sorry.

- He pointed that, unlike in OFP and ArmA, it is now feasible to (to some extent) accurately shoot while running

that is bad news. the first real bad i have seen. shoot while running? crap, that sounds like joint ops game from long ago.

shoot at all accurately while running isn't possible in real life and i hope this isn't in the game. it is one of the things that would be a no buy indicator for me.

edit - there are many great things i am lookign forward to in Arma2. AI, GFX, frame rate, editor, but this one thing is one of those things i moved to OFP and then to Arma to get away from.

Edited by twisted

Don't miss today 18:00 (German time) Gamestar.de Preview Brodcast!

Link;)

It´s only for paying members :( can you fraps it or stream it somehow?

that is bad news. the first real bad i have seen. shoot while running? crap, that sounds like joint ops game from long ago.

shoot at all accurately while running isn't possible in real life and i hope this isn't in the game. it is one of the things that would be a no buy indicator for me.

Er.... I am pretty sure he said while moving/walking.

IDK I read that preview translated by google and there wasn't such a sentence. Also in some preview videos you see, while running weapon still not shown in screen and cross hair moves. Idk maybe they mean something when you little running or let's say moving faster than just walk idk.

It´s only for paying members :( can you fraps it or stream it somehow?

Yes, please, but Gamestar said already in their preview for this preview-video, that they have rather a very mixed feeling about Arma2 after playing it, so we can await some "nice" criticism of Arma2 from our beloved Petra again :rolleyes::j: (like she did with Arma1).

Still im looking forward to a frapsed copy :p

ähm - the test was made by Christian Schneider so we should expect that he will judge about the quality of ArmA2 and it potential to become the real OFP successor. But might be that Petra can't hold her tongue :D

ähm - the test was made by Christian Schneider so we should expect that he will judge about the quality of ArmA2 and it potential to become the real OFP successor. But might be that Petra can't hold her tongue :D

I bet she'll jump out of his body, like in alien, with a bandana, two dirty miniguns floating in hands via bullet shells falling, her metallic teeth creeping from motorized motion and Arma 2 burn like a mice in cats mouth. Soldiers turning into brainless toys and BIS coders dying of their worst nightmare have been achieved. the AI is DOWN.

And in all that ubershnitz, your freakin' chin falls down the floor and your eyes melt of awesomeness.

PS. BIS you better have a romantic dinner with her...or else.... :coop:

Edited by Raphier

No, all press verssions are from Feb, it takes some time to prepare them and to be fair all must recive same verssion, later or sooner

Oh, well. I'm getting the impression that some of the previewers don't actually know this (plus perhaps the other stuff that you said is not implemented yet in the preview mission). It's understandable that some of them react rather rough because the intended release date seems close, the memories of how Armed Assault was released probably don't help either. Wouldn't hurt to let them know, even at this point where most previews are already written, nothing stopping them from doing a quick update to their previews.

Next time put important info like this it into the game as the loading screen, in big red letters. ;)

Oh, well. I'm getting the impression that some of the previewers don't actually know this (plus perhaps the other stuff that you said is not implemented yet in the preview mission). It's understandable that some of them react rather rough because the intended release date seems close, the memories of how Armed Assault was released probably don't help either. Wouldn't hurt to let them know, even at this point where most previews are already written, nothing stopping them from doing a quick update to their previews.

Next time put important info like this it into the game as the loading screen, in big red letters. ;)

Lol, I really think BIS needs to explain to reviewers what is and isn't missing and what's buggy when sending out previews. It would stop a lot of the problems with people complaining about destuctible buildings and the voice comms...

And what is with all of the german/spanish/ sites. Canwe please get some english previews???? We are your biggest market after all...

the enemy has been unable to see us two meters behind him

I'm not sure if he uses glasses with mirrors on the edges usualy? I know that if someone is 2 meters behind me, i won't see them without turning my head around some, and if you're watching an alley, witing for that guy your team member just radioed was approaching the other end, i'm quite sure you wouldn't either...

Point is, you'd normaly wouldn't know if there are anyone 2 meters behind you....

And what is with all of the german/spanish/ sites. Canwe please get some english previews???? We are your biggest market after all...

This.

- He pointed that, unlike in OFP and ArmA, it is now feasible to (to some extent) accurately shoot while running

I wonder how that's supposed to work, because from what I've

, the gun is still in another position while running (albeit the position seems to be different from ArmA). It's up though when walking...just as it was in ArmA, where you also can shoot (to some extent, it's ok for CQB I guess) accurately while walking.

I'd complain to your game reviews site/magazine ;)

I'm sure BIS is more than happy to send out the preview version to anyone interested.

Lol, it gotten only 46 views..come on!

i'll pay for the game but not to see footage of it.

i'll pay for the game but not to see footage of it.

but there are already people who have paid for their accounts already, see for example braid... <1000? :rolleyes:

Charging money to view videos of BI's games? I hope BI get some royalties or it would be wrong.

It's like a script writer for a movie who doesn't get paid for his work.