Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Charging money to view videos of BI's games? I hope BI get some royalties or it would be wrong.

It's like a script writer for a movie who doesn't get paid for his work.

Why would they? If BIS holds a press event, the publication rights are clearly stated by BIS and any material that a publication captures belongs to them, not BIS.

Now, was there a slaughter? Did Petra shoot deadly laser out of her eyes? Someone must have seen it?

I think there was a slaughter, since a lot of comments, but zero positive thumbs :D (scaring the poo out of BIS!)

Are we going to have any site update this week, or is it going to be like last week?

Just to remember: link

ARMA 2: Official Secrets Act - Revoked

quinta-feira, 29 de Janeiro de 2009 14:38

Enlist for duty at ARMA2.com and get fresh Intel straight after its declassification!

news-USMC

ARMA2.com will be updated with fresh news on a weekly basis, from now up to the time of release. Regular updates about ARMA2 factions, weapons and vehicles will be accompanied by a series of visual references. Read the first declassified information right here!

Read more...

I'd complain to your game reviews site/magazine ;)

I'm sure BIS is more than happy to send out the preview version to anyone interested.

I am very interested :cool:

Are we going to have any site update this week, or is it going to be like last week?

Just to remember: link

Becarfule, i asked the same thing a couple of days ago, and was shoot down by the admin...

Looks lige they have given up the update-part...

I don't think it's fair to say that they have given up. It is what it is. Either they didn't update last week and they did something else like some press stuff, or they need some time to get ready for some other intelligence section or something. Maybe they have put it by the wayside but I doubt it.

It is GOOD that we now can walk and shoot to some extent. This is very badly made in A1 as there is so much "Bump" left and right while walking. ACE have taken the weird right to left bump out and it feels more natural. Im pretty sure this is what they mean - and im happy with that. Very happy. CQB here i come!

Becarfule, i asked the same thing a couple of days ago, and was shoot down by the admin...

Looks lige they have given up the update-part...

I don't see why I should be careful, it was something that BI stated in their own site.

Well, we got a bit late with our next update with all the forums migration, preview madness, beta patch for first Arma and crunch time on the second, community awards form... anyway, an update is in the works, more likely will not make it this week but it shouldn't be too long now :yay:

I don't think it's fair to say that they have given up. It is what it is. Either they didn't update last week and they did something else like some press stuff, or they need some time to get ready for some other intelligence section or something. Maybe they have put it by the wayside but I doubt it.

Very cool. I'm starting to feel Ive had an overdose of Arma 2 coverage with all these previews :D

Edited by sparks50

Very cool. I'm starting to feel Ive had an overdose of Arma 2 coverage with all these previews :D

Nooooo, I can't get enough to satisfy my greed ! :nuts:

Cow specifications next !

Well, we got a bit late with our next update with all the forums migration, preview madness, beta patch for first Arma and crunch time on the second, community awards form... anyway, an update is in the works, more likely will not make it this week but it shouldn't be too long now :yay:

Very nice to know another update is coming! :dance1:

Thanks for the input Maruk. (Dam, I was waiting to have the demo and release date this week...)

Take your time sir......we have a new patch to keep us busy for quite awhile :)

Take your time sir......we have a new patch to keep us busy for quite awhile :)

We do??

on lowest, it's so because of possibly 'grass noise' been takn off

New news on Tiscali Games

I'm not going to translate what the author wrote yet (he's just justifying why his screenshots looked so bad), instead I'll translate what Jan Pražák (PR) had to say (I find it more interesting):

Global settings to low and very low among other lower texture resolution - which has a big dependence on the overall visual image quality - and complexity of the 3D models. These settings will not be present in the retail game. Lowering texture quality to very low with memory size of today's mainstream video cards has no point at all. On top of that ArmA 2 has improved communication with the RAM. The most limiting factor from our experiences is the processor speed. Most important for a smooth framerate is for sure at least a dual core CPU.

In comments around the Internet there are sometimes comments about our "miraculous" presentation PC. To clear this myth I've included a DXdiag log showing this computer's parameters and a screenshot with displayed FPS with similar scene from Manhattan mission from the current build. Notice that there is no noticeable FPS difference between 1280x720 and 1920x1200 resolution, which proves there is no point in spoiling the image quality by lower resolution or lower texture details.

Screenshot @1280x720

Screenshot @1920x1200

Quality settings

Edited by Deadfast

the positions are WAY to similar to be two different images :D

EDIT: No wonder, as they are. Deadfast you gave one exact link for both resolutions :protest:

Edited by Raphier