Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

PC Games.de

Somethign about OFP:DR and ArmA II. I can't read German... well I can kind of read German but very little and with a high probability of messing up so I don't know what it says.

You can use google translate to translate it, there is a link on the frontpage on armaholic.com

it says: "Hey look here OFP:DR and here ArmA2. We took screenshots from both game and merged them. So you can see which one looks better :O"

I think OFPDR has that nice 'game' feeling....or.....I don't know....it just appeals me moar.

Arma 2 is surely missing something. Maybe that lighting? or the atmosphere?

Or maybe Both?

It's like if there was oxygen/wind in there, while arma2 screen are like the oxygen is not in there

OFPDR feels more like it has weight in objects and is more relaxed in nature.

Kind of hard to say why...(actually I think it's because either of Post-processing color-correction OR that the lighting seems to give different depth in different places for OFPDR (not talkind about that noise crap all over the pics))

Edited by Raphier

I think OFPDR has that nice 'game' feeling....or.....I don't know....it just appeals me moar.

Or maybe Both?

It's like if there was oxygen/wind in there, while arma2 screen are like the oxygen is not in there

Kind of hard to say why...

Do you mean this brown oxygen?

Is that DR noise filter a good thing or a bad thing ?

I am sort of suprised that people is still comparing OFP DR and ArmA 2, as I have said before, OFP DR is more of a of a new game in the Battlefield series then OFP

Probably just the appeal of the novelty. DR is a different engine altogether, so it looks maybe more refreshing to the eye than Arma2. It's the new girl in town.

But once the novelty fades, say 6 months after release, I'm pretty sure you'll see Arma 2 again as the strongest of the two (the good trusty wife you should'nt have left for the brainless blonde, because she's so shallow you don't even know what to say to her when you're together).

But it's ok, we'll forgive you and you'll be able to come back home. After all that'll just be a one night stand I reckon.

Or maybe Both?

Kind of hard to say why...(actually I think it's because either of Post-processing color-correction OR that the lighting seems to give different depth in different places for OFPDR (not talkind about that noise crap all over the pics))

In my opinion, OFP2 pre-rendered videos look great, but I love ArmA 2 graphics and atmosphere much more. It looks much more real.

Probably just the appeal of the novelty. DR is a different engine altogether, so it looks maybe more refreshing to the eye than Arma2. It's the new girl in town.

But once the novelty fades, say 6 months after release, I'm pretty sure you'll see Arma 2 again as the strongest of the two (the good trusty wife you should'nt have left for the brainless blonde, because she's so shallow you don't even know what to say to her when you're together).

But it's ok, we'll forgive you and you'll be able to come back home. After all that'll just be a one night stand I reckon.

Hehe, nice synonyms

In my opinion, OFP2 pre-rendered videos look great, but I love ArmA 2 graphics and atmosphere much more. It looks much more real.

all pre-rendered videos look great...because they are pre-rendered.

all pre-rendered videos look great...because they are pre-rendered.

That's exactly what I meant. Even though OFP2 videos are pre-rendered and they look great, I like ArmA2 atmosphere much more.

Yup, direct link here... http://sector.sk/preview/28646/arma2.htm

there are also 2 videos

Download link for the videos is also on armaholic, if you can't understand the slovak language

"Stiahni súbor" means download, or somethin like it

Edited by Mavericko

Lol, at the firefight video, like of all time 90% he/she was playing zoomed in (seems like stuff are like in arma, too tiny to shoot :D) and dies of typical arma AI, lying on a floor. Overally, these one's seemed to like what they saw.

Edited by Raphier

They don't seem to be running ArmA II on a PC anywhere near what they put as the "Optimum" configuration at the bottom of the page. Hence the obvious lag.

New preview = new disappointment.

I hope BIS work hard until the release.

Edit: At least warfare looks good.

New preview = new disappointment.

Edit: At least warfare looks good.

You're a very pessimistic person, aren't you?

It's obvious those videos don't showcase ArmA II how it's supposed to be. There definitely should not be that much slowdown if they're playing it on a decent rig, hence why all other trailers look fine in terms of framerate. Plus, that website gave it a score of 81%, which is fairly higher than what big magazines like PC Gamer US (72%, if I recall correctly) gave ArmA. So obviously, BIS must be doing something right.

We're all booked into a timeshare in Ibiza, just the tea-lady is running the office now.......

You're a very pessimistic person, aren't you?

It's obvious those videos don't showcase ArmA II how it's supposed to be. There definitely should not be that much slowdown if they're playing it on a decent rig, hence why all other trailers look fine in terms of framerate. Plus, that website gave it a score of 81%, which is fairly higher than what big magazines like PC Gamer US (72%, if I recall correctly) gave ArmA. So obviously, BIS must be doing something right.

Err....That's User rating :D

Edited by Raphier

The last preview vid's had some bad sounds.

Now these guys records a vid while playing with 5 fps.. :SpiningDemon:

I think the game looks great, if you got the PC for it.

We're all booked into a timeshare in Ibiza, just the tea-lady is running the office now.......

Does that mean, game gone gold? so there's nothing to suggest,nothing to change? ugh, thats just GREAT:rolleyes:

Err....That's User rating :D

They gave it 91% if I read correctly.

My apologies, heh. I didn't see that originally.

Anyways, that's 1% more than the score that OFP: Game of the Year got from PC Gamer US. Now doesn't that sound like BIS are doing it right?

Edit: Damn you Raphier. :butbut:

Edited by Zipper5

Does that mean, game gone gold? so there's nothing to suggest,nothing to change? ugh, thats just GREAT:rolleyes:

It means when someone posts something exceptionally inane, I sometimes cannot stop the sarcasm part of my brain from replying ;)