Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

In OFP we had east/west.

Actually, OFP had East/West/Resistance.

The player could set who the resistance was allied with in the editor.

And civilians too.

I REALLY REALLY hope they release some new gameplay footage. Sure all the faction movies where cool. But i really wanna see the game shining in campaign mode now and see all the new features.

Yeah it'd be nice to see some kind of in-depth videos showing off the game's features, all the while doing so by showing actual gameplay. That way we get to see all the different features in action, both gameplay and graphical, from the first person perspective.

Yeah i really think its time for the devs now to get something like that on the website now. I mean it cant be to long before the game goes gold. As much as i like what they did with the different factions giving you an idea what the story is all about they really dont give away much about the actual gameplay.

Theres plenty of gameplay videos of the alpha build from unofficial sources.

Something about the building/vehicle destruction and more facts about the game would be nice. A little documentation about what will be possible (with highres screens wow_o.gif). I think they got enaugh to shorten the waiting and tease us more in one breath. Bullet penetration(shrapnel/fragmens?), damage systems, vehicles, the sound environement (release some game audio as audio story tounge2.gif), the nature, plants and animals, expanding the faction story/history, holiday tapes from tourists in the wrong country at the wrong time and so on.

We will wait with patience  huh.gif

so many questions help.gif

Can't wait smile_o.gif

Hope that both are soon! (movies and release!wink_o.gif

In OFP we had east/west.

ArmA we got east/west/racs.

A set of 6 withinn ArmAII, with no addons/mods needed, should bring us all, many hours of fun gaming.

As Laqueesha and -=UOE.Txalo=- said, but i would like to add that the extra factions are (most likely) placed on the west/east/resistance sides.

There was a YouTube video that showed CDF and USMC on the "BLUFOR" side.

Several factions for each side.

For example, USMC/CDF = BLUFOR

In OFP we had east/west.

ArmA we got east/west/racs.

A set of 6 withinn ArmAII, with no addons/mods needed, should bring us all, many hours of fun gaming.

As Laqueesha and -=UOE.Txalo=- said, but i would like to add that the extra factions are (most likely) placed on the west/east/resistance sides.

Lets hope not,would be nice to em separate. smile_o.gif

Hmm the setfriend command would not really help if certain sides are bound to one category, so it would be VERY nice if the factions get single sides in editor.

If not we´ll have to group units with probability-of -presence=0 enemy units again confused_o.gif

Not my favourite way of defining enemies and friends.

sad_o.gif

I just hope that if they are anywhere even somewhat close to wrapping anything up - that they don't add too much stuff that won't work and/or wont be 100% fluent/working.

I'd rather have more with less.

Hmm the setfriend command would not really help if certain sides are bound to one category, so it would be VERY nice if the factions get single sides in editor.

If not we´ll have to group units with probability-of -presence=0 enemy units again  confused_o.gif

sad_o.gif

I remember quite well editing the units in the mission.sqm file for changing sides... biggrin_o.gif

If not we´ll have to group units with probability-of -presence=0 enemy units again  confused_o.gif

sad_o.gif

I remember quite well editing the units in the mission.sqm file for changing sides... biggrin_o.gif

There at least used to be bug (or feature) with setfriend command that civilians could turn hostile towards forexample Blue, but Blue couldn't turn hostile towards civilians. Which means that civilians will shoot blue (if given weapons) when Blue dont' shoot at civilians.

That´s why I ended up grouping civillians to enemies of blue with a probability of presence 0.

Apart from that the civillians seem to have a different FSM as they tended to run away from the fighting. This had to be overcome by several commands that hindered them from fleing and kept them focussed on the enemy, while the result still was not totally satisfying as the civillian faction are no good fighters with the different FSM (as I suspect).

I wonder what new functions are in the mission editor like new waypoint types and trigger options smile_o.gif

I wonder what new functions are in the mission editor like new waypoint types and trigger options smile_o.gif

In soviet-russia Waypoints function You.

In soviet-russia Waypoints function You.

hahaha....wut?

well with the all the videos out seems like there would be nothing going on the site for a few month.

well with the all the videos out seems like there would be nothing going on the site for a few month.

"ARMA2.com will be updated with fresh news on a weekly basis, from now up to the time of release."

Official BIS statment, so they better come up with something for there hungry fans biggrin_o.gif

It's still Friday in Czech Republic for the next 15 hours wink_o.gif

Besides, BIS usually released the media around noon.

A couple of screenshots of lesser-known vehicles would be nice... Like C130, USS WASP...

A small video focusing on updatd gameplay features would be even better : command interface and High Command menu, Building destruction etc...

A couple of screenshots of lesser-known vehicles would be nice... Like C130, USS WASP...

A small video focusing on updatd gameplay features would be even better : command interface and High Command menu, Building destruction etc...

Next would be Character introduction. Like news following the main characters throught battlfield giving an interview. whistle.gif

Next would be Character introduction. Like news following the main characters throught battlfield giving an interview. whistle.gif

They woulnt do that these Characters are special forces.. they dont give interviews lol.