Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

ohohhhhh... maybe I'm burning steps, but will we then have (procedural???) snow ?  crazy_o.gif

Anyway, merry christmas, to BIS & BIA teams, and to the entire forum ! xmas_o.gif

ohohhhhh... maybe I'm burning steps, but will we then have (procedural???) snow ?  crazy_o.gif

That would be a cool easteregg.

No chrismas trees but you will get snow to 24.12 and a white landscape.  smile_o.gif

I hope BIS will give us more screenies/vids about ArmA2 over the new year. smile_o.gif

That would be a cool easteregg.

No chrismas trees but you will get snow to 24.12 and a white landscape.  smile_o.gif

Not just easter egg, but more changing weather :-P !!!

you select if you want to start the map with or without snow... rrrawr, forget it, I'm just daydreaming... mad_o.gifsad_o.gif

or... crazy_o.gif ?

Maybe there will be snow, or maybe we are just taking the screenshot too seriously. tounge2.gif

I can already hear BIS guys discussing:

Quote[/b] ]

Damn, we should have taken the old Everon pic again... without snow

biggrin_o.gif

Only one sad thing, look at the left American.

His hand goes through the m203, so it's still not fixed. crazy_o.gif

Lennard. whistle.gif

Also, the shadows still look bad, but I thought it was supposed to be fixed. Either way, none of these problems are a big deal.

What you mean with the shadows look bad? How should they look like?

Simply put, the shadows look like they need AA. Look on the left side of the screenshot and notice the shadow casting on the house, as well as the character next to the snowman.

Simply put, the shadows look like they need AA. Look on the left side of the screenshot and notice the shadow casting on the house, as well as the character next to the snowman.

That is not a graphical issue, merely the rafters sticking out which is not visible at that angle.

That is not a graphical issue, merely the rafters sticking out which is not visible at that angle.

Rafters sticking out of the character?! crazy_o.gif

Picture looks great !

In Arma1 I get more FPS with shadows set to very high, than I get with lower settings. Kinda weird, but I'm not complaining.  smile_o.gif

haha funny christmas pic! smile_o.gif

Yeah I always dreamt of being able to in the mission editor change weather to snowy and it would make parts of the ground white and also add a couple of variants of snow piles and houses roofs would get snow on top.

It would be a lot of work I think to fix if they don't have a script like the populate towns with civies script a make everything winter style script xmas_o.gif

But the graphical content needed to make every type of house in snowy and non snowy way and also snowy ground texture ect.. would be a big job but a very welcome if you had the option when making a mission to choose snowy or no snowy climate smile_o.gif

Nice picture. I've never seen better shadows ingame than with ArmA I think...maybe FEAR or Crysis, but ArmA's shadows are very good I.M.O.

Rafters sticking out of the character?! crazy_o.gif

From the roof yes. For the charactor's shadow that is obviously not the case.

Rafters sticking out of the character?!   crazy_o.gif

I think that the jaggy edge thing has to do with a low resolution shadow calculation and not with any rafters. The Rafters may or may not be present on the shadow LOD of the building.

The occlusion really brings some life to that screenie.

Rafters sticking out of the character?!   crazy_o.gif

I think that the jaggy edge thing has to do with a low resolution shadow calculation and not with any rafters.  The Rafters may or may not be present on the shadow LOD of the building.

Trust me, it's not the rafters. As it is, Arma has two types of calculating shadows, depending on the video settings- They can either be very sharp and precise, or softer, though buggy. Aside from being softer, the latter type of shadows will also cast on the player in first-person view.

Though I didn't mean to change the whole topic to this issue, as I was merely just mentioning it. Personally, it's not a deal breaking to me, though for those that are seeing the game for the first time might be a little bit put off by the low quality shadows, and let's not even get into the lights. (Seriously, let's not get into that).

Back to the screenshot, I think the bump mapping looks really good on the concrete and snowman. Also, the conversation system is shaping up quite well. wink_o.gif

The occlusion really brings some life to that screenie.

Arma 2 engine supports ambiant occlusion ?

Can somebody tell me what this video is about?

I can see Arma and some known Arma II scenes, as well as possibly some OFP clips, but what are the others? Is it new Arma II footage, or a different game altogether?

After a little bit of research concluded that there are clips from the game "DCS: Black Shark" in the video. I wouldn't assume that there is new Arma II footage.

Hi all

Looks to me like a mix of black shark and the current released version of ArmA.

Kind regards walker