Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

Americas Army 3

There's some alternate system they have, but apparently it's meant to be just as slow. If you want to try it anyway, check out their website and go to the downloads section.

Ah - i aint used Steam in ages and wont work?

Tried reinstalling but no go-let me login but then come up with some cant connect error?

I just tried it and explored a few of the levels.

The graphics dont even come close to the first stalker but the frame rate is low and the game feels very jerky. Antialiasing isnt working so the game looks jaggy at 1680*1050.. its ugly and slow.

Textures seem to load slow when you start a level too.

I only tried the M16A4 and it sounded like a bb gun. Other than the overdone lighting and shadders it looks like the same game but its running real bad. Specs? E6600, 4 gb DDR2 and 8800 GTX, its a bit dated but for a game like this?

The new Army game is a NO GO! I think alot of people are going to stick with AA 2.x..

YES ----> The new Army game is a NO GO!

Hi, i downloaded it via Steam yesterday in like 40mins at 768Kb, but yeah, the graphics look

worst than in the AAO 2.81, the sounds are worst and seems that rightnow it don't saves

the scores of the training courses, it don't allows to enable the Antialiasing so at 1280x1024

looks very bad. I'll like to know if there is any way of download it and install it on the HD,

ain't like the Steam, so if soon don't appears a source for install it on the HD... i think that

i gonna uninstall the Steam and the AA3 with it. Let's C ya

I downloaded via steam too with no problem at full speed , am must say graphics look at max very bad , it got better engine ,but everything is worse then AA2 :(

Multiplayer not tested yet , but i think it will be huge fail

Hi, yeah man, i feel the same; im thinking in download again the AAO 2.81 and recover my

SF account with my 77 "honour" points, it looked much better than the AA3, but im tired

of the same maps again and again and again. Let's C ya

Is it all PvP or are there any co-op maps?

Is it all PvP or are there any co-op maps?

yeah. now it's 3 different gamemodes on all maps though.

I cant even log in, or create a new account.

Then after that there was a tutorial thing where i had to press space to continue, so i press space but nothing happens, except my character started holding his breath.

This was in LAN mode, because i couldnt log in in the first place.

Epic fail so far.

Hi, there's something weird, yesterday.. i did the 1St basic training exercises a few times

to unlock the next phase, i failed, they wasn't unlocked even when i did 'em with note;

today i've try again and... they were done, so i've been able of play the next one but again,

i've been unable to save the scores and do the next ones, is as if the scoring server were

down or something. Let's C ya

As much as we would like to try and look at AA3 optimistically, the Army seemed to agree that it was far less than it should have been.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/48427/Americas-Army-Development-Studio-Closed

Almost all of the developers were fired. Hteir names have been removed from the Bios page as well:

http://www.americasarmy.com/about/bios.php

I live where the program is coming to. I wonder if they'd like a former Invite League player as a local tester and laison to the community :D

Hi, don't surprise me that they've fired the developers, i would had send 'em all to the wall,

this is ridiculous; look at this:

aa3.jpg

100% with each tryining, M230, M249 & M67s and it tells me that i've failed?!, damn it, the

AAO 2.81 was much better than this one, it looked better and it worked, it also was less

"complex" here the things don't seem to be so smooth; as example, in the AAO 2.81 i was

able of play in full screen without any upper and bottom black bar as if this were a Z serie

movie in my dear 17" monitor, but here it's impossible. Let's C ya

The animations are quite good, some of the best i have ever seen but overall the game just feels very crappy, even for a free game.

The whole presentation and menus are cheap, i know this might not be important but the first impression counts and what they made here doesnt even look professional.

Level design is pure misery, they had decent levels in AA2, i thought they would be able to pull out impressive stuff with unreal 3..

Character models dont cast shadows, the sky is.. static.

After checking out the training and exploring the 5 levels im not even setting up an acount and taking this online, i dont think AA3 can be saved unless they toss it away and make a whole new release (AA4).

I read that the Army fired all the devs, i think their mistake was to fire the guys that started the first AA game in the first place..

Save your bandwith everyone! AA3 is a NO GO!

Hi, don't surprise me that they've fired the developers, i would had send 'em all to the wall,

this is ridiculous; look at this:

[imghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/aa3.jpg[/img]

100% with each tryining, M230, M249 & M67s and it tells me that i've failed?!, damn it, the

AAO 2.81 was much better than this one, it looked better and it worked, it also was less

"complex" here the things don't seem to be so smooth; as example, in the AAO 2.81 i was

able of play in full screen without any upper and bottom black bar as if this were a Z serie

movie in my dear 17" monitor, but here it's impossible. Let's C ya

What can I say, Wipman? You just didn't hack it.

I been able to play the game now, once you get past the auth server mess the game is quite good, for me its almost twice as good as Americas Army 2, sounds, and general gamepaly much better.

My ISP is getting some servers up now. Should be good.

Not the entire staff, and if you have been following Americas Army over the years you would know its just another day at the office. Devs have been getting fired over the years.

Good news is that work on AA3 will continue as planned, some devs (cpt_mrphy) are moving to the new in house studio it seems.

They have a roadmap plan, and game updates with new content will be coming to the game well into 2011 if i remember correctly.

Not the entire staff, and if you have been following Americas Army over the years you would know its just another day at the office. Devs have been getting fired over the years.

Good news is that work on AA3 will continue as planned, some devs (cpt_mrphy) are moving to the new in house studio it seems.

They have a roadmap plan, and game updates with new content will be coming to the game well into 2011 if i remember correctly.

Divine inspiration or how come you know more than the almighty internet? :jesus:

One Ex-Dev speaks:

http://www.aao30.com/?p=639

For those of you who think Redstone arsenal will do a better job, well…. I won’t have to tell you that you’re sadly mistaken because you’ll see for yourself.

I’m not sure why i’ve felt compelled to write this when I’m sure it will get deleted, or even scoffed at further, but I hoped to let the fans know that we tried as hard as we could and are very bummed to see the fruits of our labor shoved at gamers like a heaping pile of crap.

Doesn't sound like your babbling at all. :rolleyes:

Just been playing some multiplayer, someone got a server up and working. Was i think a 12v12 game on bridge map, quite good. Just got some erver lag since the server was on the other side of the world for me.

All,

Foxhunter is quite correct. We will have a major announcement coming in the next few hours. We just need to confirm a few facts, and then as soon as I have the copy, I'll be posting on the News and Announcement forum.

Strap in folks, this game is far from over.

We'll get an official statement about this soon. With "good news" apparently

Guys, a major announcement is coming very soon... with good news. Stay tuned.

What's wrong with the Anti Aliasing here, seems that they disabled the option.

Regards,

TB

in short, imagine being the subcontractor of a subcontractor of a contractor to the government. Sure Millions of dollars may have been poured into this project, but how much do you think made it to the actual DEV team, the people MAKING the game, after it was filtered by the bureaucracy?

http://www.aao30.com/?p=639

The Army way? For a recruitment tool that speaks highly about values they've been shooting themselves in the foot for a long time now, this insatisfaction goes all the way back to the guys who made the first part of AA:O.