Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

Americas Army 3

shacky cam dont make people stop run&gun i am afraid, its the movement style

No that's not true at all. You won't go in guns blazing because that's a certain way to get yourself killed for the rest of the round in AA. 1 out of 100 rambo attempts you might get lucky and survive through the first two doors and then die.

Edited by Leopardi

I hope so.

Adversarial is too much like hard work to have any long term intrest.

The skill level in pvp AA is so high that you can't play it with your friends. You have to play it with people of comparable skills or it's no fun.

Unless you play co-op in which case all your mates can join in, be they noob or expert.

As for being run and gun.

Run and gun does not mean run, then stop, shoot, then run again.

Run and gun means shooting while running.

AA is most certainly not a run and gun game. It's a top rate milsim.

I like what they are doing with the shakey cam. Should make for longer gunfights.

Edited by Baff1

No that's not true at all. You won't go in guns blazing because that's a certain way to get yourself killed for the rest of the round in AA. 1 out of 100 rambo attempts you might get lucky and survive through the first two doors and then die.

I have played AA long enought to know what is what

Basicly the reason that half of the time rushing turns out badly is because of the slower moving speed, for those who knows where to lay thieir shot will put you down very easily, which is a good thing TBH.

Now when you look at the video you may see that they have clearly speed things up(and not just a little it seems), good news for rushers, as now they have much less chance to get shoot when the others are having problem shooting with their shacky cam. Besides who said that having crapy aiming can stop people from running and gunning? Take BF2 as example, those things they called "guns" are simply sticks with a hole infront that haves "things" coming out from and can only hit everywhere except the place that you're acturally aiming at, does that stop people from run and gun?(Don't get it wrong, i like shacky cam as long as it is close to what the recoil do on your upper body, but the shacky cam they have in AA3 clearly over done it, things might be change through)

I wonder if the sideslide thing will help you to dodge bullets, max payne style :D

Edited by 4 IN 1

Speaking of Rambo attemps, did anybody suceeded in making one ? :D

I was succesful at the Bridge... once.. thinking that most of them will be camping the middle was a lucky bet :pistols:

well not much i am afried, but things might going to be change in AA3, dunno, only time will tell

One of my best memories from AA occurred during a match of Pipeline. I was on defense, and almost all of opfor were located in the exterior pipe room. I managed to burst through the door (figuratively speaking) and shoot ten players. After the last fell, the match was over, but before the next started, you could see in the top left: "Glorfindel23 has bled to death". After sustaining three or four shots, I bled to death after the round ended, it has now become a legend among me and my friends.

I was also listening to Dying Fetus when that happened... crazy.

Anyway, I really hope they have some cool stuff in store for AA3

One of my best memories from AA occurred during a match of Pipeline. I was on defense, and almost all of opfor were located in the exterior pipe room. I managed to burst through the door (figuratively speaking) and shoot ten players. After the last fell, the match was over, but before the next started, you could see in the top left: "Glorfindel23 has bled to death". After sustaining three or four shots, I bled to death after the round ended, it has now become a legend among me and my friends.

I was also listening to Dying Fetus when that happened... crazy.

Anyway, I really hope they have some cool stuff in store for AA3

I can remember this same exact thing happening for someone wayyy back when I was playing pipeline.. lol

Hehe, when I used to play AA I can remember opening a door ever so slightly (just enough to get a grenade through) and 4-5 team members came behind me in this small room. One of them shut the door just as I pulled the pin and through it. The nade bounced back into to the room killing all 6 of us. I was banned. :/

Speaking of AA, is there anyway I can download an install .exe for the game directly rather than going through their asinine client? 26 kb/s max download speed isn't cool.

I've been looking at all the leaked AA3 footage. I must say that the general sounds and gun fire sounds are the best i've heard in any video game ever. A+ job for the sound dudes.

Speaking of AA, is there anyway I can download an install .exe for the game directly rather than going through their asinine client? 26 kb/s max download speed isn't cool.

When 3.0 gets released, it'll be on steam.

If ArmA2 had those animations (reloading,gun etc) and those physics it would be :681:

Yeah, sometimes people who have not played AA thinks its trash because its free. This isnt true, these dudes have all the funding in the world and make a quality game.

Yeah, even the first iteration was pretty good. The gameplay was a little rigid compared to other shooters but it felt well done.

If ArmA2 had those animations (reloading,gun etc) and those physics it would be :681:

No chance with Real Virtuality...

Theres an AA3 event tomorrow.

'HOOAH! THE AEC WANTS YOU.....TO PLAY AA-3

Come out to the Army Experience Center this Saturday and get a sneak peak of America's Army-3. Be a part of the beta test group and learn the Army values as you complete a virtual experience of Army Basic Training.

You can reserve a spot by registering online at www.thearmyexperience.com, or visit the AEC early and speak to an associate for advanced registration.

Event: Launch of America's Army 3

Date: Saturday, May 16th

Time: 12:00 - 8:00 PM

Admission Requirement: Rated "T" for Teen. Must be at least 13 years old to participate.

Fee: FREE to all

Franklin Mills Mall '

Notice the event title is 'Launch of Americas Army 3'.

Could this mean a release is in the very near future?

I'd guess July 4 as it's the independence day of USA and the release date of AA 1.

I've been having fun with AA again. They changed the textures and what-not to the ACUs, but that's okay even if they are shit.

The audio is like top notch. The gameplay looks fun as well. Weapons are more realistic than in ARMA 2 for sure.

I thought Unreal 3 could pull more than that.

1. It looks like another Unreal fps mod.

2. The HUD looks consolish.

3. Notice the fog?

People are easily impressed by neat looking first person weapon animations.. even when its all fake (yep, that nicely animated model is actually shooting blanks).

What do you mean by it's shooting blanks? AA3 will have proper bullet ballistics and the bullets will leave from the barrel.

Bad way to describe it I guess, but I think he means the bullets spawning from the middle of the screen I reckon, common FPS thing.