Sign in to follow this  
m@ster

Americas Army 3

Bad way to describe it I guess, but I think he means the bullets spawning from the middle of the screen I reckon, common FPS thing.

Well, that's not how it will be with AA 3.0 ?? Bullets will leave from inside the barrel, and will have realistic ballistics. Even grenade fragments will fly with ballistics.

Edited by Leopardi

Well, that's not how it will be with AA 3.0 ?? Bullets will leave from inside the barrel, and will have realistic ballistics. Even grenade fragments will fly with ballistics.

I think what you mean is that the projectile spawned in the center of your screen will 'simulate' realistic ballistics :D .

If you ever played in 3rd person-free view you would probably understand what i mean, it certainly explained to me why i was being shot by players that only exposed the top of their heads.. where the dot was.

AA3's weaponry is not going to "beat" Arma 2 (or even 2001's OPF for that matter) because the weapons dont do a damn thing, you are a camera and that weapon is nothing but a dot (dots dont have barrels).

Ofcourse the models and animations are always convincingly realistic and BIS games dont have those but they do have something important that people disregard, the barrels exist (the projectiles come out of them).

:float: -------------- :681:

And i thought that atleast this time there would be free aim and you would be able to see your feet, i belive this is now possible in Unreal 3.

You guys can diss OFP2 but dont be hating on my lovely americas army 3.

The games really cool =D.

I think what you mean is that the projectile spawned in the center of your screen will 'simulate' realistic ballistics :D .

If you ever played in 3rd person-free view you would probably understand what i mean, it certainly explained to me why i was being shot by players that only exposed the top of their heads.. where the dot was.

AA3's weaponry is not going to "beat" Arma 2 (or even 2001's OPF for that matter) because the weapons dont do a damn thing, you are a camera and that weapon is nothing but a dot (dots dont have barrels).

Ofcourse the models and animations are always convincingly realistic and BIS games dont have those but they do have something important that people disregard, the barrels exist (the projectiles come out of them).

:float: -------------- :681:

And i thought that atleast this time there would be free aim and you would be able to see your feet, i belive this is now possible in Unreal 3.

Can't you read? AA3 bullets WILL NOT spawn in the center of the screen. Bullets will leave from wherever the barrel is at that time, simulating real ballistics and everything.

June 17th release guys, should be good.

Gotta be worth a blast :cool:

I've been playing AA since it's 1.0 Recon release in 2002, and of all FPSes I've probably played it the most. I realize that it's natural for you to compare AA3 to Arma 2, but when doing so you have to keep in mind that these games are intended for two different audiences. AA is a game which is a lot more casual and is geared towards a younger audience who's first FPS was probably a Half-Life 2, and Arma 2 is more for the ''armchair soldier'' crowd, for lack of a better phrase.

I personally can't wait for release of AA3 though, I've been completely burnt out on AA2 for a year, and even though the Fileplanet public beta last month recently brought in a lot more players to play with, it's still gonna be great to be able to play AA3 with more than a couple of people :)

Hope to see you guys who download it in a few days in game sometime :dance:

Armerica's Army (1.0-2.8.5) is in my opinion still the best online FPS available. It maybe doesn't looks as good as others or offers as much features but the gameplay itself is the best you can get. And that for free and not 40+ Euros.

I've more then 1700 tracked hours of playing during it's existens compared to a couple hours of CoD4 just for example and that for a reason. The most FPS were just interesting in SP for me because of the story and not for gaming online. All the MP "mash" of such other games couldn't satisfy me very long.

I'm really interest what 3.0 will bring us.

Edited by T.S.C.Plage

You can now pre download the game on steam.

I've downloaded the game, its 4.1GB's of goodness.

It unlocks June 17th, cant wait.

June 17th release guys, should be good.

Thanks, it's surely gonna be great! Was waiting for this all the time! :D

You can now pre download the game on steam.

I've downloaded the game, its 4.1GB's of goodness.

It unlocks June 17th, cant wait.

There will also be a 1GB patch to download on the release date. You can already explore the game if you start it from the steamapps/americasarmy 3 folder.

There will also be a 1GB patch to download on the release date. You can already explore the game if you start it from the steamapps/americasarmy 3 folder.

Hopefully it wont be 1gb, did the devs say so or something?

Im a noob to this pre loading stuff.

Hopefully it wont be 1gb, did the devs say so or something?

Im a noob to this pre loading stuff.

I just checked their forum and confirm, yep.

Its hard to give them the benefit of doubt after years of crappy gameplay, exploits and bugs.. but hey, its free :D .

I been looking all over the forums and cant find it, i even looked at all the dev posts trackers. No mention at all of a 1gb file or any file that we will have to download on release.

Only thing is that we will be able to play instantly when it releases...

Link or something if its true please.

There was a 1gb update for beta just a day ago. And beware, you will not get fullscreen in this game unless you have a 16:9 or 16:10 display.

Yeah i think i have 16:9 or 16:10, one of em.

I guess 1GB patch is alright, kinda pissed off though. They shoulda held off the preload a day thenso they get it all together.

not to be a jerk but what type of military provocation would have you fighting over a run down factory? they should have an afghani village or something as the first screenshot.

Ranch

Alley

Impact

Bridge

Pipeline I dont understand what that oil pump is doing on top of the main building in pipeline.. :confused: .

I think the first game had better maps than those, i dont like any of them except maybe ranch, they remind of WW2 or something.

Buildings are boxy and simple, no decent architecture references or what?

And its all mostly urban, i was thinking there would be more natural landscapes with forests and all the good stuff they werent able to do with the old, crappy unreal engine.

Bridge gameplay beta leak.

Bridge crossing at its best i guess, i dont understand why everyone likes it so bad its a really poor level with very boring, linear gameplay :confused: .

I dont like the radar or the health bar either but maybe thats just the beta..

Im not very impressed with what i've seen of AA3 so far :confused: .

Its diferent but is it better?

I dont understand what that oil pump is doing on top of the main building in pipeline.. :confused: .

Hahaha. Why... of course.. it is to... pump the oil out of... er... the top floor... because... you know, they... they hit a huge deposit while they were drilling there... on the roof... or something.

The level architecture reminds me of CounterstrikeSource. Dunno why most ppl think this has great gfx. From what i see here it looks pretty basic. Not bad, but not great.

I've been playing AA when it came out for several weeks. I tried a 'comeback' later when they added parajumping to the game, but it became boring fast.

Yeah, and actual scenarios like Afghanistan would be cool for AA3.

The pipeline level and bridge crossing could never not be in an americas army game. Arguably the 2 most popular maps in Americas Army 2.

I dont understand what that oil pump is doing on top of the main building in pipeline.. :confused: .

?

It's the company logo, lol.

I'm confident it will be okay. Not many changes, eh? Better graphics and completely worked over. I think they cannot have slipped very much. I hope they didn't take out the best maps. I do have my favorites and I don'T want to miss them.

And agreed: AA always hjad a little CS touch to it. But rather like a brother, same family but still different. Look at... err.. Interdiction and SnakePlains, you'd never find something like this anywhere else. Pure fun, I think :)

Edited by ManDay