Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound

I totaly agree!!

but what are the chances for that tho :\

we need Q to wiggle some soundmod team together tounge2.gif

make the sounds 10 times louder!! so when you are far away you can hear them

well sounds preference are much to personal preference.

so the best thing would a soundfile DB with all sounds and

an open config to easily change the content.

for testing one can make a mission that uses all the sounds for

sound test simulation;

~ create sound next to you - 50 m way - 250 m - 500 m - 1000m

- create a moving sound source - change the speed of its movement

~ multiple sound sources to check the combination.

sounds like a plan eh wink_o.gif

Great sound MOD smile_o.gif

Small bugreport:

Quote[/b] ]Cannot load sound 'sound\vopsound\misc\cobraenv.wss'

cheers smile_o.gif

These days I am always switching between YASM and CSMv2. yay.gif

Its a awesome sounding mod \o/ this and chammys i love notworthy.gif

ive been using it all the time since i got my hands on it and again great work smile_o.gif

Incredible. Loving this mod sooo much right now. The damn .50 Cal is amazing. Music to my ears.

The Soundpack as a whole is a 9.5\10

First Post updated:

Quote[/b] ]VopSound updated to version 1.16.

Hi, Version 1.16 ready. I focussed on the environmental sounds this time. I'm pretty satisfied with the result. smile_o.gif Walking through a forest is MUCH more atmospheric now, you'll see wink_o.gif. Small arms, distant and some vehicle sounds improved as well.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

- replaced all stock environmental sounds

- changed all weapons samples and added new tail/reverb

- some vehicle sounds replaced

- new distant sounds

- some minor changes

Video showing environmental sounds and outdated weapon sounds:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=KKqa-GhQ16w&fmt=18

Video showing some of the new weapon sounds (M16 sound replaced after upload)

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=giCPFzIr7X0&fmt=18

DL Link, thx to -{GOL}- Clan for hosting:

<u>Link

</u>

Have fun,

-{GOL}- Loctite yay.gif

First impressions. I don't like the new m249 sound. Also when you fire a single shot from the M240 it sounds like you are firing 2 rounds? As first I liked the new tail/reverb sound, but the echo sounds maybe a little loud or strange sometimes and can be a little repetitive for each weapon.

I would like to hear some running sounds in future versions. Like, to hear the rattling of equipment whilst running etc, instead of plain old footsteps. I think the FDF soundmod had something like this.

Overall it's still one of my favourite soundmods and it is the one I'm using right now. I don't think I have tested 1.16 enough yet to give a full conclusion.

8/10 and thanks, keep up the work. thumbs-up.gif

i'll keep it short.

awesome sound mod..  notworthy.gif

is it possible to remove/turn down the bullet casing hitting the ground sound? it sounds bad laying in the jungle hearing every casing come out of a suppressed mp5 hitting the ground like concrete.

some of the distant explosions still aren't there.. unless to many sounds is somehow clipping the others... (similar to the HiFi mod when in a helo firing weapons)

other than that.. can't wait for a end result.

smile_o.gif

At first, thanks to the hosting and news sites.

Sorry for the laaaate reply, I've been busy with the new version and was too lazy to answer.

Quote[/b] ]First impressions. I don't like the new m249 sound. Also when you fire a single shot from the M240 it sounds like you are firing 2 rounds? As first I liked the new tail/reverb sound, but the echo sounds maybe a little loud or strange sometimes and can be a little repetitive for each weapon.

1. M249: Ok, I've got more requests about this, so...fixed

2. M240: this is due to simulate a higher rate of fire, I'll take a look at this again. I think, the delay between the two shots is too long and therefore more noticeable.

3. Reverb: Yep, noticed that too. Added more samples for diversity.

Quote[/b] ]I would like to hear some running sounds in future versions. Like, to hear the rattling of equipment whilst running etc, instead of plain old footsteps. I think the FDF soundmod had something like this.

I've a gear rattling sound included, BUT I can't get it to work.

Footsteps is quite a lot of work, I've lost patience on this after some testing. Sorry :/

-----------------------------

Quote[/b] ]is it possible to remove/turn down the bullet casing hitting the ground sound? it sounds bad laying in the jungle hearing every casing come out of a suppressed mp5 hitting the ground like concrete.

Good point, I removed them from sidearms and semiautomatic weapons. Kept them for vehicle mounted guns and sniper rifles though.

Quote[/b] ]some of the distant explosions still aren't there.. unless to many sounds is somehow clipping the others... (similar to the HiFi mod when in a helo firing weapons)

Which sounds are affected?

I'm playing with a soundcard and hardware acceleration turned on and had no missing sounds anymore after I've shortened some of the explosion sounds in version 1.15.

Thank you for the good feedback and suggestions smile_o.gif

...when you fire a single shot from the M240 it sounds like you are firing 2 rounds? ...

Dunno if it's relevant here but; I recall that the shortest burst

you could fire from the MAG/M240/GPMG (when the gun was

properly balanced) was actually two rounds. More typical was

three rounds. The way we used to train was that the time it

took you to say "F**k you!" was how long you had to hold

the trigger down to fire three rounds. For 20 rounds the

mnemonic was "I'll f**k you if you f**k me!". Oh, them were

the days (I feel so old and decrepit now! ).    sad_o.gif

I was under that impression as well. I've never been able to fire a single shot with my m240, but I've only tried to a few times. I'll have to get it out of the vault one of these days and take it for a spin. It's been a while. Unfortunately that will be a while cause half of the house furniture is in front of the entrance at the moment. The whole damn house is being remodeled so everything is in the basement. sad_o.gif

I miss my guns.

great mod. but most of the weapons sound VERY monotoned. and it seems like if you are in a firefight in a city. you cant hear shat

What do u mean monotoned? You stated that about mine also lol. Anyways, yeah, VOP in my opinion is a great sound mod (aside from the many that are out there lol), I like it myself also heh. I love the echo, its warm and not so brash and sounds like a real open area, echo samples r very hard to clean up and make clear without all the back ground noise and birds and crickets chirping. Great job.

smile_o.gif thx about the casings..

about the distant explosions... i only have on board sound... maybe the reason...

looking forward to the next update.