Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound

Excellent Work.

Btw what island is that?  smile_o.gif

Same question : what is the island seen in the new video ?

Otherwise, excellent work.

Glad you increased the overall levels of all weapons sounds.

notworthy.gif

I've been informed by Sgt.Ace the island is the mapfact Dreide island! smile_o.gif

Hi, the song at the begining of that V1.17 video it's from Ministry?

and in case of be (or not) what's the song name?. Let's C ya

Black betty?

You dont need a seporite config for ACE, as in the dta folder you can disable the ACE replacement sounds which allows you to use this current mod with your replacements.

Hi, yes, a swedish dude told me that the song name was in fact Black

Betty, by Ram Jam; but that's the original one, from the 77', and seems

that the one of the video it's from The Dukes Of Hazzard 05' movie,

made my a band called: Spiderbait.

You too can decide which one like you more between 'em wathing the

videos, here they're:

Ram Jam - Black Betty (Original).

Spiderbait - Black Betty (Version).

For the R'n'R fans. Let's C ya

Thank you for the kind words and links so far.

The island is 3DEMAP by MapFact, a must have imo. Beautiful landscape and great details.

Quote[/b] ]You dont need a seporite config for ACE, as in the dta folder you can disable the ACE replacement sounds which allows you to use this current mod with your replacements.

I know, but you replace just vanilla arma weapon and bullet classes, not the ACE classes like the 762x39mm. I tried to overwrite them in my config by adding these classes, but it does not work.

And yes, Spiderbait - Black Betty, better than the original. tounge2.gif

vo.2,

Loving the pack mate especially the 'fox one' and 'bomb dropped' voices !

What about random radio voices for air traffic control etc (the kind of thing that ECS had)?

Keep it up - this is my fave sound pack so far.

[TAO] Kremator

The island is 3DEMAP by MapFact, a must have imo. Beautiful landscape and great details.

Quote[/b] ]You dont need a seporite config for ACE, as in the dta folder you can disable the ACE replacement sounds which allows you to use this current mod with your replacements.

I know, but you replace just vanilla arma weapon and bullet classes, not the ACE classes like the 762x39mm. I tried to overwrite them in my config by adding these classes, but it does not work.

And yes, Spiderbait - Black Betty, better than the original.  tounge2.gif

You need to include the names of the config pbo's that contain original sound mappings in ACE into requiredAddons[] array in cfgPatches of your addon. So it would look like that:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class cfgPatches

{

class your_addon

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] ={};

requiredVersion = 1.14;

requiredAddons[] ={"CAWeapons","CAWeapons3","ace_config_vehicle","ace_config_weapon"};

};

};

This will ensure your sound mappings overwrite the original ones.

Matt Rochelle

Hmmmm, are you sure vo.2's not talking about the none BIS stuff in ACE, like the weapons (ak47, RPK, SCAR etc), or the AH64 and things like that. those will need a seperate config, an I should imagine new bikeys, also not forgetting release  permission from the ACE team.... whistle.gif

Anyways, I watched the latest video...this is mod is getting better & better buddy and you keep updating it too (reminds me of the old hifi days biggrin_o.gif ). Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png

first of let me say: great soundmod!

definetely my favorite up to this point smile_o.gif

secondly, i seem to have a little problem: for some reason i'm

not hearing any close-up bullet cracks from most weapons.

when the bullets go by my head all i hear is a "swish". if the

bullets are further away i hear a distant "crack".

any idea what could be causing this?

and third some (hopefully) constructive criticism:

i liked some of the small arms sounds better in 1.16.

i.e. the ak74 sounds too "heavy" now for my taste. i also don't

like how different some of the weapons sound in 1.17 once

you switch the firing mode...just doesn't make a lot of sense wink_o.gif

great sound replacements bud, im looking forward to see what you can do with the improvements in the sounds in ArmA2 (providing it needs any of course smile_o.gif)

And yes, Spiderbait - Black Betty, better than the original.  tounge2.gif

You need to include the names of the config pbo's that contain original sound mappings in ACE into requiredAddons[] array in cfgPatches of your addon. So it would look like that:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class cfgPatches

{

class your_addon

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] ={};

requiredVersion = 1.14;

requiredAddons[] ={"CAWeapons","CAWeapons3","ace_config_vehicle","ace_config_weapon"};

};

};

This will ensure your sound mappings overwrite the original ones.

notworthy.gif That makes sense buddy, thank you.

I heard a new version of this fabulous sound mod is done. Fully compatible with ACE 1.02! Please any details of when it

is going to be release.

It's clearly stated in the ACE thread where it was mentioned.

In case you didn't see it, here's why it's not out yet.

Quote[/b] ]vo.2 [Loctite] has completed a soundmod for ACE //NOT released yet // (changing sounds for almost every weapon in ACE). And I tested it - its great. Even vehicles sounds, impact sounds, terrain sounds, volume balance and so on. Who used Vopsound knows that its great, the version made for ACE is even bettter. Currently he is waiting for a permission from ACE, as he had to use one of their configs.

Code Sample

class cfgPatches

{

class your_addon

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] ={};

requiredVersion = 1.14;

requiredAddons[] ={"CAWeapons","CAWeapons3","ace_config_vehicle","ace_con

fig_weapon"};

};

};

I tried using this on the config and still doesn't work with ACE.

A ACE-Replacement Soundmod?....

Very very interesting indeed!

As Blechreiz mentioned, I decided to make an ACE sound replacement and finally I've got clarity about the "copyright" issue.

So here is the release.

No preview this time unfortunatly, I'll add one later maybe.

Credits:

- Q, he's a config genius

- vo.1 [blechreiz] for giving constructive critism, brainstorming  and beta testing

- Biki http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/

- GOL Clan for their outstanding support, thank you guys.

- ACE Mod Team

Included:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">v1.18_ACE

- changed nearly all ACE weapon and vehicle sounds (ACE)

- tweaked volume settings from ACE (autoloader from tanks i.e.) (ACE)

- balanced some sounds i.e sniper rifles (1.18)

- balanced inside vehicle coefficients (1.18)

- minor sound enhancements (ACE, 1.18)

- new near bulletcracks added and made them more audible (1.18)

- alternative config added (ACE)

You may notice that this an update to version 1.17 as well.

You will find two different config files in the archive.

If you want to play ACE Mod with the replacement sounds you need to copy the appropriate config file into the "@vopsound_ACE_1.18" modfolder.

<u>Make sure you load VopSound AFTER the ACE Mod.

So the target line should look like:</u>

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACEIP;@Vopsound_ACE_1.18

--------------------------------------------------

The other config file is self explaining. Use it without ACE Mod as usual.

--------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD

http://speedshare.org/download.php?id=ECD6124B3

Wait until countdown ends and press Download

Have fun, vo.2 [Loctite]

PS: Could a moderator please change the topic title to VopSound? Thank you.

top soundmod notworthy.gif

Group Link 3 bullet sounds and whizbys would be a good complement whistle.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Must say that the sounds are truly great in this sound mod!

There is one sound that i noticed when playing that i didnt like too much. I know that its hard to listen through all sounds when making a sound mod as i have experience in it, but i was underneath and in front a unit shooting the 50cal Barret (he was on a tower roof) and the bullet crack (i think) that came with each shot sounded almost like when a vehicle crashes into a building or tree. If it was shorter and more cracky it would been better i think. I found myself looking behind me many times thinking there was a vehicle coming crashing into the walls. (no joke) smile_o.gif

But that was the only thing i noticed so far. Rest is top notch. Will use this one for sure. Good work and thank you for your effort! notworthy.gif

EDIT: Small suggestion. The ground walking sound is great. The gravel/grass sounds. It would be nice if the grass sound is lower in volume so you can make a decision of sneaking by staying off the roads. This is particulary good for DM/PvP. Just a suggestion. wink_o.gif

Regards

Alex