Sign in to follow this  
vo.2

VopSound

Frigin awesome sounds, sound bloody realistic from my own experiences from Air shows and gun ranges.

Dunno about those cursing sounds, but it was quite funny when you hear "SHIT! is Down"

Can I ask if the supersonic bullet crack and impact sounds will be improved in this version of the mod? I've been using 1.16 for a while now and it's difficult to tell when you are taking fire. I think the volume may have been adjusted?

Thanks, and great mod, one of my favourite sound mods.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=tcIKn917qlY&fmt=18

1.17 WIP (capture of my test mission), I hope to release it within the next week.

Note the new distant sounds, they fit in pretty well imo.

I just hope that you haven't added these dynamic voices in your new version 1.17.

I personally really hate those.

Otherwise, I think this is the best sound mod to date.

smile_o.gif

I just hope that you haven't added these dynamic voices in your new version 1.17.

Quote[/b] ]That is the extended voice addon.

hmmm

Not everyone understand english as easily as you do...

But thanks anyway for the emphasis that made me get the point finally :

- these are not in the final mod.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Nikoo

How many more times we have to tell not to dig out threads just asking for any news?

If the addonmaker has anything new to report, one could think he posts about this here no?

hi.

why is my vop mod not working? i got following mods working with arma.

beta patch 1.15, dbe1(queens gambit), ace and ace islands.

of course, i added -vop to commandline (i renamed original mod folder name to this shorter version, just vop).

i enter game and try it out in editor, put some soldiers with aks or m4s in editor and preview and their sounds are still lame.

hi.

why is my vop mod not working? i got following mods working with arma.

beta patch 1.15, dbe1(queens gambit), ace and ace islands.

of course, i added -vop to commandline (i renamed original mod folder name to this shorter version, just vop).

i enter game and try it out in editor, put some soldiers with aks or m4s in editor and preview and their sounds are still lame.

Did you go into the ace_clientside_config.hpp file and tweak this?

ACE_OVERRIDE_BIS_SOUNDS

When defined, ACE sounds are used for default arma classes

When undefined (commented out), Default ArmA sounds are used for default arma classes, meaning they can be freely overriden by soundmods

As far as I know vo.2 is working on a special version that replaces all ACE sounds, but it may take some time.

Hey lads, I've finished my 1.17 version of VopSound/YASM.

As Blechreiz mentioned, I tried to make an alternative Soundpack for ACE aswell, but due to config problems, I've lost my patience on this. (I hate those AK47 bullet cracks from ACE  confused_o.gif )

So I decided to release my stuff without ACE replacements.

This will be my last update for ArmA, but I'm looking forward to ArmA II and the sweet brand new sound engine. ArmA sounds are restricted to one sound per class and this limits my creativity whistle.gif too much. ArmA II will be a milestone in sound engineering and I can't wait to look into this.

I've revised nearly all sounds once again and made a quick video showing some of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5q1QCNfGk&fmt=18

Thanks for all the feedback from my first version until now. I think it developed from a mofo loud soundpack with bad samples into a really realistic and high quality one. Thank you for the critics smile_o.gif

And last but not least, thanks to all the Hosting Websites and the news on their frontpages, good work. I would have quit playing ArmA without those news and addons advertisement.

Changelist (short, but size doesnt matter  biggrin_o.gif )

v1.17

- keys added

- more reverb samples

- new vehicle sounds

- impacts, whizbys, far and near bulletcracks and some weapon sounds redone

- stuff i forgot

Download here: http://speedshare.org/download.php?id=EDF435AF11

(wait till the countdown counts down and press download)

My favorit Soundmod. Thx for your work i love it  inlove.gif

Especially the vehicle sounds are a masterpiece. Great to see an improvment in the anoing bullet crack.

Hi, the song at the begining of that V1.17 video it's from Ministry?

and in case of be (or not) what's the song name?. Let's C ya