Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

GC 2008 Press Coverage

the walking anim in that AI vid looks much better. it was a bit too fast on ARMA, should make moving in buildings easier.

aint "stay off the road, if you want to grow old" one of the most improtant things to do when in combat? confused_o.gif

the walking anim in that AI vid looks much better. it was a bit too fast on ARMA, should make moving in buildings easier.

but you still have your weapon on your waist when you are only on normal forward speed, you cant do decent CQC (where speed is the key) with that, UO maybe, but not CQC, CTF fans will not be happy, i as a coop freak doesnt like it too, why you need normal forward when we can sprint? with that speed you clearly still can hold your weapons on your shoulder pointing at front, clearly you will have a crap accuracy at mid to long range but atless you dont need to stop or go into ironsight(where the field of view is so limited) to shoot when someone popup behind a corner

1. Is Markus Kurzweil really from BIS? Feels like only a Publisher Guy to me....Or someone who was quickly hired to present it...??

2. He doesn't seems to have much knowledge about Arma-Engine and/or Military in General.

Not offensive meant, but i bet that anyone of us longer playing Arma/OFP Veterans could have made that better.

I have 4 words for you:

Get the FUCK out.

(I know this has been covered, but I was travelling and missed out all the fun)

You claim to be a "veteran" of the community, but all I've seen you do is bitch moan and whine about EVERYTHING regardless of whether its presented by BIS or given to you for free by addon makers. You claim to be a veteran but have no idea who some of the KEY people from the OFP days are? (Christ, you cant even spell his name properly, and its been on the BI staff page for 2 years, and is in the credits for ArmA and QG)

You claim to be a "veteran" but you sir are nothing more than a TROLL. You're lucky I dont moderate these boards, because you would have been banned as one LONG ago.

I know Markus very well, and he knows more about both the engine and the military in general than you could EVER hope to know. And I'd like to see you do a similar presentation with the amount of time Markus had to prepare for it. You would be laughed off the stage.

Why dont you do us all a favour and take your whiny attitude to some other community.

[/Rage]

I don't like the flags on the artboxes... Not only does it add an unnecessary cheesy patriotic factor, but the placement in the composition is weird and distracting...

Actually none of shots seem perfect for me, but I like elements on all of them, especially the "Russian" version (but get rid of the flag too...). And I prefer the "grunt" versions to the "SpecOp Sam Fisher-like ones...".

Ditto, I think the most liked cover box would be showing US and Russian forces fighting and both taking casualties, there is no nationalism in this, no patriotism and it's even.

Ah well, maybe if we're lucky there will be different box types, sounds kinda unethical for a first release and expensive but you never know.. I'll buy the russian one just so people can look at me funny for not having shown my patriotism by buying the one with the US flag.

EDIT: Dayum, you preach it DM.

It all looks quite good, but after briefly reading this thread I see that ArmA2 is planned for XBox360 and PC, but haven't seen any mention of PS3............ Will there be a PS3 version, as due to a new addition to the family:

A: I can't afford a new PC or upgrade to the existing one; or B: I'm not prepared to buy an XBox 360 just for this game.....

Hope someone can give an answer to this, otherwise I'll have to defect to Flashpoint 2 which is to be released on all Next Gen systems as well as PC.

BIS released ArmA2 Official Presskit containing latest ingame screenshots, artworks, logos and comprehensive PDF documents describing all the ARMA 2 features.

http://www.arma2.com/downloads/presskit/ARMA2-presskit-GC2008.zip  [102 MB]

this have been post a few days ago already

Yeah, but then it was 10mb, now its suddenly 100mb+ so i decided to download it anyway, not sure what is in it yet. tounge2.gif

1. Is Markus Kurzweil really from BIS? Feels like only a Publisher Guy to me....Or someone who was quickly hired to present it...??

2. He doesn't seems to have much knowledge about Arma-Engine and/or Military in General.

Not offensive meant, but i bet that anyone of us longer playing Arma/OFP Veterans could have made that better.

I have 4 words for you:

Get the FUCK out.

You claim to be a "veteran" of the community, but all I've seen you do is bitch moan and whine about EVERYTHING regardless of whether its presented by BIS or given to you for free by addon makers. You claim to be a veteran but have no idea who some of the KEY people from the OFP days are? (Christ, you cant even spell his name properly, and its been on the BI staff page for 2 years, and is in the credits for ArmA and QG)

You claim to be a "veteran" but you sir are nothing more than a TROLL. You're lucky I dont moderate these boards, because you would have been banned as one LONG ago.

I know Markus very well, and he knows more about both the engine and the military in general than you could EVER hope to know. And I'd like to see you do a similar presentation with the amount of time Markus had to prepare for it. You would be laughed off the stage.

Why dont you do us all a favour and take your whiny attitude to some other community.

[/Rage]

You better calm down my friend, before i start to get agressive wink_o.gif

I never heard of a Markus Kurzawa, neither from 2001 on , nor today.... I have to admit that the nickname sounds a bit like i read it before somewhere, but thats all.

As you see in my join date i joined at the beginning of 2007 here, before i was around in various other (mostly german) boards.

I never played the mod he was working with (I only ever played BWMod, WGL and FFUR) and i never read any credits for Arma or QG (which i beleive the majority does not too).

So what? Still this presentation was a huge dissapointment for all people rather familiar with Arma/OFP Editor (I call them Veterans).

Still this is my opinion.

And you stupid idiot should be glad that i am no admin here, because such aggressive people like you would have been already visited pesonally by me to give them some punches in their face wink_o.gif

Who do you call a Troll here you idiot... unbelievable... If you have further problems drop me a pm.

Omg chill it guys, it's just a game we're talking about, no reason to start WW3 over it...

confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I second that

I like DM and agree to 100%

Quote[/b] ]mr-gc wrote:

And you stupid idiot should be glad that

You're calling people names and say he shall calm down?

Quote[/b] ]mr-gc wrote:

Who do you call a Troll here you idiot

Omg chill it guys, it's just a game we're talking about, no reason to start WW3 over it...

confused_o.gif

Well he attacked me, i don't know what this boy has for problems....maybe his wife denied him the bodily devotion he is so eargerly demanding. Or is he Markus Brother/Familiy Member who took that post by me as a personal attack (which it was not - just against the presentation if you read the post).

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]

I second that

I like DM and agree to 100%

Quote[/b] ]mr-gc wrote:

And you stupid idiot should be glad that

You're calling people names and say he shall calm down? Get off

Careful John, just be Careful.... its a nice advice....

Regards, Christian

Quote[/b] ]BIS released ArmA2 Official Presskit containing latest ingame screenshots, artworks, logos and comprehensive PDF documents describing all the ARMA 2 features.

http://www.arma2.com/downloads/presskit/ARMA2-presskit-GC2008.zip [102 MB]

My download was abort the second time (1. -> 17MB 2. 49MB O_o) do someone else have the same problem?

Quote[/b] ]BIS released ArmA2 Official Presskit containing latest ingame screenshots, artworks, logos and comprehensive PDF documents describing all the ARMA 2 features.

http://www.arma2.com/downloads/presskit/ARMA2-presskit-GC2008.zip  [102 MB]

My download was abort the second time (1. -> 17MB 2. 49MB O_o) do someone else have the same problem?

Don't worry about it, its the same as the 'old' presskit but it has all the images used in the .pdfs in .jpg as well.

mr.g-c

For the number of outbursts even if in some sort of retaliation you can take a 1 week PR and a +2 WL.

Your perception of proper moderation of forums appears to clearly be warped. Threats of physical violence and threats of your wrath simply display a lack of maturity.

As we have said time and time again if you have a grievance with someone take it to PM or PM a moderator if you feel you forums rules have been broken.

Thankyou.

DM

48HR PR, you have been here long enough to word your posts strongly without the language you used. Even if you feel very strongly on the matter.

I have 4 words for you:

Get the FUCK out.

[/Rage]

You better calm down my friend, before i start to get agressive  wink_o.gif

I never heard of a Markus Kurzawa, neither from 2001 on , nor today.... I have to admit that the nickname sounds a bit like i read it before somewhere, but thats all.

As you see in my join date i joined at the beginning of 2007 here, before i was around in various other (mostly german) boards.

I never played the mod he was working with (I only ever played BWMod, WGL and FFUR) and i never read any credits for Arma or QG (which i beleive the majority does not too).

So what? Still this presentation was a huge dissapointment for all people rather familiar with Arma/OFP Editor (I call them Veterans).

Still this is my opinion.

And you stupid idiot should be glad that i am no admin here, because such aggressive people like you would have been already visited pesonally by me to give them some punches in their face  wink_o.gif

Who do you call a Troll here you idiot... unbelievable... If you have further problems drop me a pm.

Don't worry mr.g-c, Ive never heard of the guy either... and Ive been lurking around here since 2001-2002ish.

DM, man you really need to chill out and accept the fact that not everyone knows absolutly every developer/mod maker in the community, or memorize the BIS staff page. All the mods I have followed, interviews Ive read, and time on these boards and I can't recall ever hearing his name before. I as well thought he was just some guy they drug in to do the interview, perhaps from the publisher... thats not syaing anything bad about him, just what it seemed.

Things on this board are in fact getting out of hand. Seems you can't say anything negative about the game (and there is plenty) without being called a "troll" or "BIS Basher". Its that kind of fanboyism, and blind support that has allowed BIS to release one sub-par and out dated game, and now it SEEMS they are on track to do it again. Unfortunatlly for the survival of the series, the gaming world will not be so accepting...

I found every shown material of ArmA 2 quiete interesting yet.

It does not anger me that the presentation of Markus was not that good because it persuaded me.

I really like ArmA and I see a big future for modding + more in ArmA 2.

Also I wait for the campaign because I love playing the Singleplayer Part before I'am going to apply the MP Chapter.

Please, under any circumstades, continue the game and make it better as it is (Its already better than ArmA I guess)

This thread and any thread like it will be closed if the bickering continues.

Feel free to disagree in a mature fashion, what has taken place in the past few threads have been unacceptable.

Keep it civil people.

As far as I can see there were several offenders here, how come only the one you disagree with is punished?

Bah, not my fight anyway but still embarrassing on behalf of the BI forum moderation stand.

Quote[/b] ]DM said his opinion and they're right in my book.

The responser (mrgc) has no right to react in the same, or even in a ruder way as DM originally said.

Moderation done a good job.

I still say that ArmA2 beats ArmA in many aspects. Just the inclusion of a real view mirror is just..outstanding!

As far as I can see there were several offenders here, how come only the one you disagree with is punished?

Bah, not my fight anyway but still embarrassing on behalf of the BI forum moderation stand.

It's the role of moderators to deal with people who break the forum rules, that's what we do and that's what we've done, please allow the topic to get back on track.

Suma said once in the Sahrani-Radio Interview, that he can not understand why the community didn't liked the stock Arma Sounds and rather liked one of the, at this point appearing, soundmods (i guess it was Frommz).

A few sentences earlier (or later) he said that he even doesn't play games like Arma at all/don't like them anymore and want to develop/try-out something else.

That is definitely not what I heard when I listened to the interview huh.gif

You're really twisting his words around.

He's not the BIS sound guy anyway icon_rolleyes.gif

But anyway I also hope to see improvements to the sound, not just the sounds themselves but the sound system.

What mr.g-c posted was pretty much how i recal it. Suma did say that there not focusing on better sounds because he said and i quote "If a weapon sounds like a weapon it doesn't have to be perfect", he also said he's only interested in the island construction, he's not realy into the military games. I found this odd and my conclusion was that there just milking Flashpoint for what they can get. ArmA is a perfect example of this. A game released just to get them some cash to carry on with the next project.

For all of you who have rose coloured glasses, BIS is a bit like EA, only on a much smaller scale. They slightly update there games and call it new. It's only because the community want more that were willing to buy them like lemmings. Yes BIS keep patching there games, but they have to, there bugged to hell and they need to keep the community sweet or else they will be out of a job.

That rant went on longer than i intended but reading some of these love posts makes me wanna go  banghead.gif