Sign in to follow this  
NZXSHADOWS

-=/UPARMORED HMMWV\=-

NZX: maybe you can try to make models with better ingame performance ? I am getting really low FPS when I am looking on those uparmored humvees... huh.gif

.Jonny did a really great job on Marines 1.6 when he increased performance of his models... wink_o.gif

Im loving these man, theyre awesome!

Keep up the great work

*EDIT*

I dont notice any performance drop at all

All I'd say is get better textures going. Maybe ask somebody to be you're texture artist.

I'm totally with ya, Kerry. These things are simply fantastic. I don't mind the textures thing right now, as long as its fully functional and keeps me a bit better protected, I'm a happy man.

I was also really excited about the back opening, reminded me a bit of the old VBS videos I saw. All we need is to be able to load and unload cones and maybe a sign, hehe. Speaking of which, I was wondering, since you were able to animate the back, in time could it even be possible to do the same for the doors? Like walk up and select open and it stays open until you manually close it? This way it can maybe even act as a bit of cover if ambushed. Say for example, you got ambushed from the front, you can open the door and use it as cover as you slowly move backwards and head to the rear.

Anyway, was just wondering out loud really. Great stuff and I really enjoy using these and will always use them religiously now hehe. Great job. thumbs-up.gif

Keep up the great work

*EDIT*

All I'd say is get better textures going. Maybe ask somebody to be you're texture artist.

He already has someone doing textures for him, just that person is busy with other addons, and this was kind of a side project for him. (From what I understood.)

Ok so I animated the doors an added the needed stuff. An let me just say that I got a kick out of this. The AI will not fire at you while behind the door its kinda unfair, because you can pick them off 1 by 1. But they will try an get a better position to fire at you. Its funny. So if you getout with the door open you get out right behind the door.

testemhard.jpg

WOW! NZX you've been putting a lot more work into these models now, the textures look much better with the little detailes you've added like nuts/bolts. Will be an excellant + important release! Many of the ArmA community will be very pleased i bet

Outstanding work!! Really, I do mean that. If you would like some multi-player testing send me a copy!!! Please! Our unit is having a blast with them!

Keep up the great work

*EDIT*

He already has someone doing textures for him, just that person is busy with other addons, and this was kind of a side project for him. (From what I understood.)

That is true and I can't do anything about it at this time. It is very busy for me at the moment. I hope to have more time after this month to work on the textures for the HMMWV. All I can say is do not worry about how the textures look at this moment its gone be fine smile_o.gif

I was also really excited about the back opening, reminded me a bit of the old VBS videos I saw. All we need is to be able to load and unload cones and maybe a sign, hehe. Speaking of which, I was wondering, since you were able to animate the back, in time could it even be possible to do the same for the doors? Like walk up and select open and it stays open until you manually close it?

I had it scripted but not the absolute nice way but it worked out at least it works even in MP here you got a vid bout that.

BTW what about the error Message? I posted it already twice and no response yet.

Kind Regards

Shaolin [sgt] @ Aug. 01 2008,15:25)]
I was also really excited about the back opening, reminded me a bit of the old VBS videos I saw. All we need is to be able to load and unload cones and maybe a sign, hehe. Speaking of which, I was wondering, since you were able to animate the back, in time could it even be possible to do the same for the doors? Like walk up and select open and it stays open until you manually close it?

I had it scripted but not the absolute nice way but it worked out at least it works even in MP here you got a vid bout that.

BTW what about the error Message? I posted it already twice and no response yet.

Kind Regards

Well the fix for that would be to un pack the pbo an locate the "razor_wire.rvmat" file in "\NZX_VP1\Data\DMAP\ an open it with notepad.

Locate:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Stage0

{

texture = "C:\Documents and Settings\NZXSHADOWS\My Documents\ArmAWork\NZX_VP1\Data\UNI\razor_wire_co.paa";

uvSource = "tex";

};

Change it to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Stage0

{

texture="NZX_VP1\Data\UNI\razor_wire_co.paa";

uvSource="tex";

};

Have any problems Then i guess i will just release a new Current Version?

Well the fix for that would be to un pack the pbo an locate the "razor_wire.rvmat" file in "\NZX_VP1\Data\DMAP\ an open it with notepad.

Locate:

{

texture = "C:\Documents and Settings\NZXSHADOWS\My Documents\ArmAWork\NZX_VP1\Data\UNI\razor_wire_co.paa";

uvSource = "tex";

};

Change it to:

{

texture="NZX_VP1\Data\UNI\razor_wire_co.paa";

uvSource="tex";

};

I like this message thanks the hint how it is possible to solve this.

i can unbin but dont know how to "bin" it back. Searched for a "Bin" prog but cant find it. Any help would be nice.

Thanks.

72 @ Aug. 01 2008,17:02)]i can unbin but dont know how to "bin" it back. Searched for a "Bin" prog but cant find it. Any help would be nice.

Thanks.

Um try looking here? BI Tools. You want to get "BI Editing Tools from Bohemia Interactive (25 MB)". Install it an use the BinPBO tool. The manual is located at, BinPBO Manual

Thanks for the answere I got no Problem found on this great addon I really like it!!! Great feelin not get killed on the first shot  biggrin_o.gif

When did you say you gonna release next version ? Today?  Is there the doors open thing implemented since this sounds like an great feature as well since I was impressed with the Hatch stuff there I think the one real improvment you could do would be make it capable to shoot out of the windows while drivin but i guess this is an Arma limitation right? At least even right now this thing is with the most and best features for arma AFAIK. Keep up the great work and thanks again for the answere.

Kind Regards

Man, between seeing the pic with the open doors and seeing that great vid from Shaolin, I squealed with excitement. I swear, the things you guys manage to do with ArmA is just fantastic.

That would be great, not just taking cover behind doors but also implementing what Shaolin posted by going around the rear, unhitching the back and being able to take out and set up a road block/check point...really takes things to a whole new level. Great stuff, gents...just simply great stuff. biggrin_o.gif

I just wanted to inform anyone that is interested in the pack. That I will have another release soon. I know I said that I wouldnt but ohwell. Ive got a M240 version ready. Its the same as the M2 but with a different turret. Ive also finished the fire geo's So if the door's or hatches are open you will be hit. I just have to add some detail to the doors an what ever doesnt look right. Ive even changed the camo to a more orange than a brown. But they are just temp textures.

43.jpg

44.jpg

Looks great--hey I don't mind more updates, especially when things get even better with each one. smile_o.gif

My question is when you say if the doors or hatches are open you will now be hit, does that mean if you are coving behind the door the rounds will go through as if they aren't there? Or does it mean if they shot right into the humvee with the door open you'll be hit? I'm sure the answer is pretty obvious, but it's still early and my brain isn't fully functional yet. tounge2.gif

Wowzer you just keep hitting that sweet spot love what you have done with this vary lovely addon keep it comeing wink_o.gif Yes the door open and close thing is an awsome thing to but as well you did say that you would be getting hit when the door is open as you are takeing cover behind it, will you be makeing it as so you dont take an hit as the door is open huh.gif

Nice work as usual..The GWL-MIW tournament uses the latest version of these and I must say that combined with some hamas units, Avgani island and johnnys marines the atmosphere is very refreshing...This is one addon I have waited for for a while...

PS sorry to pry but..if you have been working on these..whos been working on project 85' ?? j/k rofl.gif

Regards,

Iceman

My question is when you say if the doors or hatches are open you will now be hit, does that mean if you are coving behind the door the rounds will go through as if they aren't there? Or does it mean if they shot right into the humvee with the door open you'll be hit? I'm sure the answer is pretty obvious, but it's still early and my brain isn't fully functional yet.  tounge2.gif

About getting hit. If you look at the bottom pic you will see the Gunners legs. If someone fires at his legs then he is going to get hit. But if the hatch was closed then the Rounds would hit the hatch instead. All the needed fire geometry is there and is working correctly. So if there is armor covering you then you are safe but if it isnt then you will probly get hit.

Well talk about feeling relieved, heheh. Sounds good to me. Thanks for responding. biggrin_o.gif

Good Evening Gents,

@NZX

Sounds Really great there that the Fire Geometry thing works out!!! I´m really looking forward to this since this brings new Options to Infantry movement with vehicles in Arma!!

Keep up the great work

Kind Regards