Sign in to follow this  
NZXSHADOWS

-=/UPARMORED HMMWV\=-

Um, this might be a noob question, but here goes. What is the difference in game between the M1151 without front bumper and the M1114?

Um, this might be a noob question, but here goes. What is the difference in game between the M1151 without front bumper and the M1114?

Maybe differrent doors ? I am not sure, I will test them later today. Great work again NZX. wink_o.gif

yay.gif

Well right now not really a whole lot. But you can tell that there is a different Roof, Hatch, Doors Front windshield, Still working on it. But Mainly trying to finish off the M1151. but Im going to do something similiar to the pic below. I still have to add M240, MK19 , etc version's. Even have different turret's. Current turret is wrong. Theres probly going to be

example1.jpg

very nice! smile_o.gif

I just have one thing to say as a critic..

the hummers color look kinda strange/synthetic.. a more natural desert cammo color would create a better feeling to this vehicles.

very nice! smile_o.gif

the hummers color look kinda strange/synthetic.. a more natural desert cammo color would create a better feeling to this vehicles.

Most parts of the HMMWV have a plain desert color the hood, turret and rearbumper are worked out. If you like another color closer to the real thing maybe you could post a colorcode? tounge2.gif

very nice! smile_o.gif

Most parts of the HMMWV have a plain desert color the hood, turret and rearbumper are worked out. If you like another color closer to the real thing maybe you could post a colorcode? tounge2.gif

All i can say and inform is that McN_hmmwv_des have some very nice Textures!

They could be somehow edited to fit some changes.

All you need is the autor permission to use them, right?

I woul post these textures here if i get permission.

edit: http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/3-mc_desert_pack-01.jpg

These are the main expect of them.

Well camo fade's in the sun. So I think any color you have can work just fine. Hell you search for M1114 or M1151 ref pix you will find like a ton of different shad'z. From bright to dull. brown to tan. Far as useing some other addons texture's. I dont really like the idea because you have new parts that dont go with the orignal BIS textures so the matching up will not look right. So new textures are needed. But what ever color you guys think looks like a million bucks then cool.

The 'color/texture' comment strikes me as similar to the one that emerged in the Desert Bradley thread where it was suggested that the texture be made to look a little dirtier (which Pauliesss did well I reckon) and so a little less pristine (and perhaps artificial?) Can't say I'm bothered either way though.

I'd say keep the color, if not maybe a bit more saturated, but yes, dirtiness would be a plus.

Quote[/b] ]Thanks for the update your HMMWV is damn great smile_o.gif

but i found a bug when entering the mission:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Warning Message: Cannot load texture c:\documents and settings\nzxshadows\my documents\armawork\nzx_vp1\data\uni\razor_wire_co.paa.

I think this one was maybe overlooked but i got the same message within the editor. Maybe someone could look into it.

Thank you for the answere in advance

Kind Regards

First of all, thanks NZX for the M134 implantation.

I have a question though (not that i care that much), but is it possible to increase accuraty - lower dispertion please?

Sadly i can't find the youtube movie anymore but they did a comparisation test betweent he minigun and 50cal (if not mistaken) and it turned out the minigun was pretty accurate, dispate it ROF. Could be wrong, but i thought it was more accurate then what it is now. Just my 50cent....

As for the textures of the hmmvw. Well true, i agree it currently lacks wear and tear. But keep in mind they decided (for the good) not to use original textures...

It makes a real artist to 'correctly' make some decent and believeble textures, especially if the texture has to do it with wear and tear (one camo paint, not much other detail).

Welds, wear and tear and other elements indeed make or break a model. But only a handfull are good at it (i suck at it i admite). The pack indeed has potential i think, so hopefully the textures will get pimped. but keep in mind this project is afaik for all its makers a side project and they don't get payed.

Keep it up. thumbs-up.gif

Glad to see the hummers are at the beta stage. Is there any way of making the doors open when the occupants disembark. Something along the lines of the SLX vehicle addon?

NZX: what about gunner dead position(animation) ? I am asking because gunner is still falling over turrent when someone kill him, maybe you can try to use M113 dead animation as someone mention before in discussion thread.

Seems you can get killed by gun fire even though the windows havent break. Sometimes the windows break first and then you start to take injury from repeated fire. But sometimes you just get killed from 2 shots through a window and it doesnt brake (and sometimes through the armour in the back. 2-3 shots and you die). Maybe this is a limitation in arma or the alpha state?

Anyway, super duper addon, great work! Thank you. Enjoying this a lot. notworthy.gif

Regards

Alex

Looking at these last night, I was struck that looking directly face on at the doors that I had no sense of depth about the features. I don't know if was a problem with the shadows (I also got that wire.paa shadow error) or just a lack of detail in texture as noted eariler. Color is fine though.

Pity ya can't fit another gun on it though to have something like this:

US SF HMMWV

WOW ya hit that good spot with this wink_o.gif Love the HMMWVs good work all around biggrin_o.gif Any works in the transport HMMWVs support HMMWVs? Keeps up that good work wink_o.gif

First of all, thanks NZX for the M134 implantation.

I have a question though (not that i care that much), but is it possible to increase accuraty - lower dispertion please?

Sadly i can't find the youtube movie anymore but they did a comparisation test betweent he minigun and 50cal (if not mistaken) and it turned out the minigun was pretty accurate, dispate it ROF. Could be wrong, but i thought it was more accurate then what it is now. Just my 50cent....

As for the textures of the hmmvw. Well true, i agree it currently lacks wear and tear. But keep in mind they decided (for the good) not to use original textures...

It makes a real artist to 'correctly' make some decent and believeble textures, especially if the texture has to do it with wear and tear (one camo paint, not much other detail).

Welds, wear and tear and other elements indeed make or break a model. But only a handfull are good at it (i suck at it i admite). The pack indeed has potential i think, so hopefully the textures will get pimped. but keep in mind this project is afaik for all its makers a side project and they don't get payed.

Keep it up.  thumbs-up.gif

He probably made the dispersion how it is so it wouldn't be an uber weapon in ArmA.    As far as accuracy in real life... that depends on how you define accuracy.  If rounds on target is the measurement, then yeah, the M134 probably does a better job.  But if accuracy is meant by measuring how many of the total rounds fired actually hit the target, then I doubt it would beat an M2.  I've fired the M2 .50 cal and it is supremely accurate at very long distances.  Plus the .50 cal bullets easily go through those big adobe walls and concrete masonry walls common in Iraq and Afghanistan.  

At any rate, I'm fine with the current M134 dispersion myself.  But it's up to him if he wants to lower the dispersion.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well, Hathcock did afterall use it to make an impressively long ranged killed at 2500 yards.

hmm, no Mk. 19 version?

EDIT:

Ok, after doing a closer review and depboing I'm a bit disapointed. the texture is a simple flood, bar the turret which has some detail, but rather basic. Most of the detail that is there on the normal map hasn't been used in texturing for some reason. I'd be willing to give the texture a go if I'm provided with some wireframes and ref pics.

EDIT 2:

After unlocking the spare I have both the open and close hatch options, as well as open and close trunk, at the same time, despite both being closed. It's the same as when opened. I can also lock the spare back with both of them open.

EDIT 3:

And along with that I see that the firelod doesn't animate with the hatch and trunk, so that even though I have full view of the inside I cannot kill the occupants.

I got alil offended. But hey I understand where you are coming from. My alphas are at an earl stage in there development. Im sorry if you feel that they are lacking in many aspects. But they being worked on. So please bare with me on this. I promise to not release another release until they are complete. Thanks for the comments. biggrin_o.gif

Oh yeah Version will be like M2, M240B, MK19, Crow's, M134 an what ever else. 4 Types of gun turrets. Just alot of stuff that is going on that will take a min to do.