Sign in to follow this  
NZXSHADOWS

-=/UPARMORED HMMWV\=-

NZX,

I'm not sure if this is a problem/bug with your addon or not. We have a couple missions on our server with your addon and the rest don't. I'm getting an error stating that your mod is missing on EVERY mission that has HMMWVs. I'm not sure what is going on. The server has the addon, the guys in the server have the addon, but it is requiring it on every mission. Plus saying that it isn't there. Is anyone else having this issue? I've run into the same problem with some of Robert Hammer's addons as well as a couple of Vilas' addons. Any ideas? Thanks.

Haines

Wow! Simply amazing! By far these are the most realistic armored vehicles so far in ArmA. They definitely will offer a tremendous amount of protection against AI and human players. But then again smart human player OPFOR snipers will shoot for the legs. LOL!

If anyone sets up any MP servers with these units I will be happy to play OPFOR and give them a taste of typical insurgent tactics. I do quite a bit of research on counter-terrorism and have studied combat tactics used by insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good day Gents,

I guess that is just Real that you will be able to shoot the legs even in an RL counterpart or do you have Amarit folds within the door in my opinion like said I´m more than happy to see this going.

Kind Regards

NZX,

I'm not sure if this is a problem/bug with your addon or not.  We have a couple missions on our server with your addon and the rest don't.  I'm getting an error stating that your mod is missing on EVERY mission that has HMMWVs. I'm not sure what is going on.  The server has the addon, the guys in the server have the addon, but it is requiring it on every mission.  Plus saying that it isn't there.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I've run into the same problem with some of Robert Hammer's addons as well as a couple of Vilas' addons.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Haines

Um Mateck said something about it. He touched up the config. So Those problems are fixed I. Next release that is. Which should be later tomorrow im guessing.

I've fallowed this addon since page it was posted in the discussion section, although I was unable to post any suggestions, since I just recently decided to finally open an account here; this shall be my first post. So, please be gentle on my humble suggestions.

As far as the anti-IED system you have mounted on the front of these bad boys; at one point in time I read one of your posts saying that one possibility to implementing this as a working feature would to include a associated IED addon to go along. My suggestion is rather you could possibly look up other IED addons. Such an example would be 'SCM_IED' where it comes with a cheesy IED model, but you can add the initialization line to almost any object (such as a 'barrel' - and besides a vehicle), and it will explode in a realistic manor.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[this,west] exec "\scm_ied\9ied.sqs":

Excuse my lack of proper terminology, but I think if you could add a script (or add an init' line) that has a larger trigger radius, say 50 meters, or so longer than the actual IED, it can send a message, or make a noise in a realistic manor, to detect the IED, and avoid disaster. And, to even make it more incredible, you could add a probability, or have different scripts, so some can be detectable, and some not. Because, from what I've seen, those things don't work too well in the field, anyway, statistics show that.

If you have any questions regarding my post, feel free to ask me, as I will be monitoring this thread, as I always do.

Thank you so much for your hard work. It is amazing to see this in-game, and patrolling Iraq-terrain streets. smile_o.gif

PS: If anyone can make a replacement file for this, I would forever be grateful, so I can play some hefty singleplayer. It would be a cool to see these in some BI-standard missions, and would be a good combo with the desert blufor vehicle replacement.

I can even see making it just replace all types of humvees with variations of this. Not like I've seen a TOW hmwwv do much of anything, but become cannon fodder, anyway.

Cheers! inlove.gif

I may have found a bug, erm for some reason old missions which i have recently edited (but not included the hummers) have started adding the nsxwheeled addon to the mission.sqm  I have tried all the usual ways of getting rid of "ghost addons", deleted i manually and copy the map onto a clear island.  I do have normal hummers on the map so im wondering if there is some kind of link that is requiring the nzxwheeled addon.

Any help on this matter will be most appreciated.

I may have found a bug, erm for some reason old missions which i have recently edited (but not included the hummers) have started adding the nsxwheeled addon to the mission.sqm I have tried all the usual ways of getting rid of "ghost addons", deleted i manually and copy the map onto a clear island. I do have normal hummers on the map so im wondering if there is some kind of link that is requiring the nzxwheeled addon.

Any help on this matter will be most appreciated.

I think I can give you some advice; if this is not too obvious to you, already. But, sometimes if you edit a mission with certain addons running, you will still be required for this addons (as you mentioned - ghost addons).

I've had this happen to me, and it's simply because the same reason you would never put a non-official addon into your main 'Addon' directory; you should only have the distinct addons you wish to include in the mission activated, thus freeing up any strange requirements you make run into, like your issue.

You may have to scrap your missions, and start again, or otherwise, I don't know.

Holla.

Luckily, removing the "ghost addon" then resaving the map without the addon runnin seems to have sorted it. So id say there's a definate bug there as it could be very annoying.

As far as the anti-IED system you have mounted on the front of these bad boys; at one point in time I read one of your posts saying that one possibility to implementing this as a working feature would to include a associated IED addon to go along. My suggestion is rather you could possibly look up other IED addons. Such an example would be 'SCM_IED' where it comes with a cheesy IED model, but you can add the initialization line to almost any object (such as a 'barrel' - and besides a vehicle), and it will explode in a realistic manor.

In the bowels of Armaholic is another IED script by someone called Jeevz that is meant to be configurable for size of blast/damage, to be either fatal to ground troops, able to disable but not destroy a HMMWV or to destroy a hummer or larger vehicle. I've not tried it out but this might be better as whilst it is sans model it is potentially more versatile.

IED Script v1.2 by Jeevz

Regarding the ghost addons...

I have gotten in the habit of always opening the mission in its current state, opening the missions.sqm file and deleting any addons out the two sections that are not actually required. I only have extra addons in modfolders, but I still find that various addons get thrown in there. (Now nzxwheeled, nwd stuff, vilas stuff, etc.) It is strange, but generally this step saves lots of headaches later on down the road.

Regarding my previous post, this step didn't cure the problem. It is good to hear that it was mentioned by Mateck and that it has "possibly" been taken care of.

Heres Release 4. Features A M240 Version of the M1151, Better fire Geometry also with some animated doors. Hope everything works, lol..

Release 4

Try Again

Kewl, checking it out. Thanks for your hard work insofar.

EDIT - Might just be me, but I can't actually download the file... something about it being set to "private"...

EDIT #2 - Working fine now, thanks. smile_o.gif

In the bowels of Armaholic is another IED script by someone called Jeevz that is meant to be configurable for size of blast/damage, to be either fatal to ground troops, able to disable but not destroy a HMMWV or to destroy a hummer or larger vehicle. I've not tried it out but this might be better as whilst it is sans model it is potentially more versatile.

IED Script v1.2 by Jeevz

Thank you, I really appreciate you showing me that. Although, I can't quite seem to get it working. I know possibly adding the .sqs to the actual mission script may free up this problem I am having, but I am too amateur to figure it out.

I figured if I just added this IED script to the SCM_IED, and repacked it, I could just run this out of the init line, similiar to the previous one, by adding ex' "\scm_ied\ied.sqs"; but even that failed, as I keep getting errors, even when not running the new script, or even the old one.

At one point in time, it did manage to detonate, but it did so as soon as I previewed as a civilian.

Also, I noticed there are different .sqs files inside of the SCM_IED, labeled 'vbied' & 'ied'; when the only one listed in the readme, or description is '9ied.sqs'?

Maybe that is a way to change the detonation type for this particular addon.

Sorry, if my English is sloppy.

Thanks, again. xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

NZX: do you think you can edit your config so we can have "our" soldiers in those humvees ? I am asking because I am using Camerons 1st Infantry Division REPLACEMENT but inside your humvees there are still desert marpat soldiers made by BIS.

With regards these Hummers, I've noticed two faults........

Firstly, when viewed from outside, you can only see the crew. No passengers are visible even when carrying a load.

Secondly, when being transported as a passenger in the front passenger seat, there appears to be a large chunk of the humvee missing when viewed from first person.

Um found some problems. So Im going have the fixed version here in acouple of hrs. Since its going to be awhile till I release another one. I want release 4 to be good to go. So I can jump on the M1078 trucks.

Pauliesss I will add US Army an USMC to the list.

Awesome! Yeah Cameron's 1st ID so far are the most realistic US Army infantry I've seen. However it's not a big deal adding them into vehicles. Generally speaking the extra (and heavier)shoulder armor is used for extra protection from IED's when in vehicles so one of those would be the best to use as driver and gunner.

As for USMC, I guess it goes without saying that Jonny's Marines are the tops.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Awesome! Yeah Cameron's 1st ID so far are the most realistic US Army infantry I've seen. However it's not a big deal adding them into vehicles. Generally speaking the extra (and heavier)shoulder armor is used for extra protection from IED's when in vehicles so one of those would be the best to use as driver and gunner.

As for USMC, I guess it goes without saying that Jonny's Marines are the tops.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

No doubt.

But as I requested before, a replacement config, even it override all the standard humvees, I think it would be nice to see.

Cheers all! Great work on the 4th release, by the way. They are amazing to blow up, and the new turret looks sick!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

i dont know if this has been requested yet or not, but is it possible for you to make it so the guy in the turret has the ability to look left and right. it is hard for the guy in the gun to see with all the armour around him if he can only look up and down.

if you need something to reference these land rovers have the ability for the gunner to look around freely

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3205

as the the addon itself, its awesome, i like how much it has progressed. and i am about to try the newest addition momentarily

PSYCHOSIM, are you using Aimpoint's weapons per chance? If so, that explains the bug. If I use the replacements pbo for the eotech sighted weapons, I get this:

Aimpoint_repl_bug.jpg

So if you use the same, that explains it. I had to uninstall and reinstall ArmA because I couldn't figure it out, I had thought it was the vehicle addon and it wasn't, but a conflict with another addon--in this case replacing all the US weapons with the eotech versions of Aimpoints weapons.

i dont know if this has been requested yet or not, but is it possible for you to make it so the guy in the turret has the ability to look left and right. it is hard for the guy in the gun to see with all the armour around him if he can only look up and down.

if you need something to reference these land rovers have the ability for the gunner to look around freely

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3205

as the the addon itself, its awesome, i like how much it has progressed. and i am about to try the newest addition momentarily

Yeah, this is really great request, I would like to see this too.

Its been added an is working. Just got these damn window problems.  like everything is fine but when you open the door an look threw the window the shit infont of the window disapears. I know what it is just trying to figure out the right combo. Oh an about the gunner view Im wondering if I can attach the gun an shield to it. if you know what im talking about. Think that might be something but dont know.