I see so much potential...

Like:

In the start you have limited resorses to build from. You actually

have to transport the stuff to the BASE location..Unload and

THEN start building...OR: You have to buy from a factory

in some distance and you have to tranport EVERYTHING

to BASE location...

Or if i loose my vehicle i need a new one, i buy one and its

droped by C130, maby at a location of my choise.

You guys are simplu the best...

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

I doff my cap to you guys, really, really impressive work. Looking forward to a release.

All the best.

I have to congratulate you on making this MP compatible, even with new commands introduced in last ArmA patch it still must have taken some serious brainpower.

You've shown your class here.

Call BI quickly, maybe they'll put it in ArmA2 wink_o.gif.

Marry Christmass to you too.

i have been sitting here trying to find the words to say and all i can is wow.

Rock, UNN and VXR gentlemen you are truly gifted, as i have followed your advent calendar as well as posts, it is just so awe inspiring work that you guys have done and continue to do so. It fantastic to hear that BIS have used some of your work in one of there products.

I look forward to your next surprises that are on the way

Nice Puma, and the DRS is a great touch.

If I had to hedge my bets, My money is on the Puma being released quite soon, along with the Cargo system........

notworthy.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 16</span>

dec16-pumahc1drs-banner.jpg

Puma HC1 with Dynamic Rotor System

We showed you the Puma HC1 screenshots earlier in the month. What we couldn't show you in the screen shots was what exactly DRS is. Watch the rotor disc in video carefully and you'll see the Dynamic Rotor System at work.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 16th - Puma HC1 with Dynamic Rotor System Video</span>

The cargo system is very impressive. Excellent work.

Just watched the DRS video, very cool!

That cargo system is the MOST impressiv thing in a a game EVER!

So much possibilities!!

Thanks for that great video!

MfG Lee notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have to congratulate you on making this MP compatible

Well I don't think I'm qualified just yet. It's perhaps not the most efficient. But it does work in MP.

Good progress UNN - very impressive. smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 17</span>

dec17-C130-banner.jpg

December 17th - C-130 Hercules

I'm posting this a bit late because I’ve had horrendous internet problems.  My ISP has an interesting idea of what constitutes "high level (+99%) of uptime".

Today is the turn of the C-130 Hercules.    I won’t go on about its place in the world order etc.  The Hercules is so well known it needs no introduction.  Instead I’ve tried to address some of the myths that have grown around RKSL and this particular addon.

The C-130 will also feature in a later update concerning our plans for transport aircraft in the future too.  I’ll try to answer and explain some of the questions and issues we faced and give you all some proper details about how the cargo system will integrate into the aircraft.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 17th - C-130 Hercules</span>

Just wanted to say how superb all this content is looking, and the attention to detail is, as ever, very impressive.

the C-130 and the cargo system brought a big fat smile to my face

it just looked so cool ...nicely done

and so did the part of the C-130 update when you said

''You just know its some sad kid sat in a dark room that doesn't get enough attention sending them - which is a bit sad - but its funny that people send threats of violence from the other side of the world expecting it to intimidate someone.''

soooooo true rofl.gif

Are you serious about all these threats? Did you report any of them to the police (if a guy won't let go and keep harrassing you and somehow find your private information) ?

The C130 looks superb!

I think life itself must be punishment enough for anybody who makes those kinds of threats, over the internet. Your life must suck to get worked up over a 3d model made by some guy.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Are you serious about all these threats? Did you report any of them to the police (if a guy won't let go and keep harrassing you and somehow find your private information)

Oh yeah i am serious.  We have a small but dedicated "fan club" that like to tell us -  on a weekly basis - how evil and selfish we are for not releasing everything we have instantly.  If i went to the Police with the sort of badly spelled threats and abuse we get they would laugh me out of the Police station.  Besides if they ever showed up at my door they would get a shock.  I'm not exactly the cute and fluffy type.

EDIT: You can read some of the more colourful emails here: RKSL Public Forums: Wall of Shame

Guest RKSL-Rock

I'm posting this a bit late again not because I’ve had horrendous internet problems.  But because I’ve been a lazy sod and didn’t finish the write up yesterday like I should have.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 18</span>

Dec18-Lynx-sh14d_banner.jpg

December 18th – The “Common†Lynx

The trouble with making a model for an aircraft as well used as the Lynx is that every bugger wants their nation's version! But the nice thing about the HAR3 is that it can be used as a base to make other versions from. It’s about 80%+ commonality with every other Naval Lynx out there.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 18th - The “Common†Lynx</span>

I appreciate the wall of shame link  smile_o.gif

Regarding the unarmed HAS.4(FN) French Aéronavale, I'll try to dig that out and send it to you (but I think they just started using Mu-90 torpedoes in replacement of F17 Mod2 and no ASM AFAIK but I'll send you confirmation and sources if I can).

ps: You might want to check your picture links (the bottom ones, they all link to the same picture).

Guest RKSL-Rock
I appreciate the wall of shame link  smile_o.gif

Regarding the unarmed HAS.4(FN) French Aéronavale, I'll try to dig that out and send it to you (but I think they just started using Mu-90 torpedoes in replacement of F17 Mod2 and no ASM AFAIK but I'll send you confirmation and sources if I can).

ps: You might want to check your picture links (the bottom ones, they all link to the same picture).

Cheers any info on current armament is appreciated. I could find anything on what they are actually armed with these days. Most site just list what it is capable of carrying or what it used to carry in the 1970s!

And, I've fixed the links. Thanks.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I really do have to stop writing these at the last minute... smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 19 - Chaff and Flare System Video</span>

dec19-chaffflares-banner.jpg

With the new commands in Arma, we wanted to try updating the old OFP flare system. The main difference being, we can now alter the pitch and bank of objects, which leads to improved missile deflection. Once we could guide a missile onto a specific point in 3D space. The natural conclusion was to represent the flares as actual objects, relative to the missile and target. So even if a missile manages to lock onto a flare, it’s still up to the pilot to place as much distance between himself and the incoming missile as possible. Proximity detonation can still damage your vehicle.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 19th - "Spoof me  once... Spoof me twice"</span>

Not sure if it's just my connection or not but the pics at the bottom of the chaff entry aren't working.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Not sure if it's just my connection or not but the pics at the bottom of the chaff entry aren't working.

No its not your connection. Its my "ongoing battle with Dreamweaver" thats the cause.

Aahhhhhh Rock you just made my morning.....A VERRY

happy one...

I listen carrefully to the end of the flare video...

Nice gift, this is...

Iv said so before...I think BI should have like an

Open aggrement with the community so all this

NICE and really highly functional addons and

stuff would appear in the sequal...

I mean your the once that´s actually making this game.

They provide the engine, you make the game...

Awsome

rofl.gif

notworthy.gif