Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios : Reloaded

Original birds couldnt fold blades. Supposedly the WAH-64's were modified to do so for the Sea Trials as you suspected.

I pulled it from this site:

WAH-64

Read in the "Design" paragraph

Guest RKSL-Rock
Original birds couldnt fold blades. Supposedly the WAH-64's were modified to do so for the Sea Trials as you suspected.

I pulled it from this site:

WAH-64

Read in the "Design" paragraph

Well i guess that confirms it then smile_o.gif

Ok R...What does it take to operate the UAV...?

2-4 guys...Or just me...

Im not afriad of teamwork...I like using AIs, when they do as i

say..Will they be able to operate the UAV...

Ive been rather quiet in this thread for some time...But i cant

shut up anymore....

ABSOLUTELY AWWWWWWSOME....

notworthy.gif

yay.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Ok R...What does it take to operate the UAV...?

2-4 guys...Or just me...

Im not afriad of teamwork...I like using AIs, when they do as i

say..Will they be able to operate the UAV...

Ive been rather quiet in this thread for some time...But i cant

shut up anymore....

ABSOLUTELY AWWWWWWSOME....

notworthy.gif

yay.gif

It takes one guy.

The UAV system is meant for human use only. It's really only intended for MP games where people want live updates. If you want an AI capable system then you need to look for something else.

Ok...Nice to hear...

So basicly its noting more then a unmanned

forward observer??

It is capable to have lazerdesignation though??

So playing with other "livin" players it could be

a weapon of massdestuctions...

Guest RKSL-Rock
Ok...Nice to hear...

So basicly its noting more then a unmanned

forward observer??

Essentially yes.

It is capable to have lazerdesignation though??

In the case of Desert Hawk and other mini UAVs; no. But the larger UAV system with have in work then they will have Lasers and in some cases weapons:

- Hermes 450

- Watchkeeper 450

- RQ-1/MQ-1 Predator (armed)

- MQ-9 Reaper (armed)

So playing with other "livin" players it could be

a weapon of massdestuctions...

Thats the idea. We started developing the Desert Hawk because the group we were playing with at the time had a dedicated Aircrew wing. Not all the missions written really had enough for them to do. So by making a small unarmed UAV the aircrew types could contribute in a realistic fashion and still fly in game.

Getting the Ai to use UAV’s has always been a pain and to be honest in SP its easier just to fake it than make a proper system.

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 9</span>

dec9-hma8_bnr.jpg

Lets get this out of the way: These shots are from VBS2. The model is ours. The Textures are done by BIA.

"Why show you the VBS2 version and not the ArmA one? Well to be honest... right now it looks a hell of a lot better than ours! Seriously though I haven't had time to finish the config properly. Its cheating i know but the ArmA version will look rather a lot like this...honest!"

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 9th - A Cat with Wet Feet</span>

The cat's feet aren't the only thing getting wet, my pants are slightly moist too after seeing this!

What a Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saw this puppy (pussy?) flying in the 'new' VBS2 video on the VBS2 site and it looks awesome (those who haven't seen it, it's a 'new' UK Content video. Lots of things in that video, a UK ARMA fans wet dream! ).

I think I mistook this as the 'Future' Lynx in one of my previous posts (it was a very small picture).

All I can say is that your daily posts do cheer me up after a hard days work! Good luck with all your work guys, it's always nice to see the results of peoples hard work and dedication.

Till tomorrow!

thumbs-up.gif

Can't you ask BIA's permition to release their skin for arma?

Would be cool to have this one in arma

Lennard.

Lennard.

Not needed to ask them permission.

I'm working on the HMA8 textures at this very moment.

Lennard.

I doubt there's any need really; VXR's perfectly capable of texturing the ArmA version of the HMA.8.

VXR did the textures on Rock's Lynx Ah.7/9, Sea King and Puma models which you've already seen in ArmA, but the models are also in VBS2 with different textures, made by BIA. My understanding is that the same will be true for the HMA.8.

Ed:- ^NVM, you've heard it from the man himself.^

Anyway, keep it up lads. Can't believe you lot still have enough stuff left to show in another 14 or 15 advent calendar updates considering how much you've shown already. I'm going to start running out of meaningful comments to make on your work without simply repeating that it looks amazing, every time you show somet new.

I guess we will see the Harriers on Christmas Eve/day. The last 9 have been mega.

Yeah the stuff VXR does looks outstanding. And wouldn't it look better because arma supports normals en spec maps etc.

Looking forward to these addons. yay.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 10</span>

Lynx AH.7 Pre Release Flight Test

Following on from December 4th's "Lynx Effect" update we thought we'd show you a short video and give you all a bit of a situation update. We still have a bit of work to do to finish the addon:

dec10-lynx_video_bnr.jpg

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 10th - Lynx Ah.7 Video</span>

Wow  notworthy.gif

That was absolutely amazing guys!!!

Really looking forward to these  yay.gif

BTW: Which version of "All Along The Watchtower" is playing in the video??? Been trying to track it down, but no luck...

Very nice Guys!   notworthy.gif

Im still hoping for a xmas pressie!  xmas_o.gif  xmas_o.gif  xmas_o.gif

Same as above about the music. U2?

Guest RKSL-Rock
BTW: Which version of "All Along The Watchtower" is playing in the video??? Been trying to track it down, but no luck...

Bear McCreary – Battlestar Galactica Sound Track Season 3

Bear McCreary – Battlestar Galactica Sound Track Season 3

rrrr no Season 4.5 tounge2.gif i do know this as am a big Galactica fan and i am doing a model of the Galactica and Pegasus for arma

Guest RKSL-Rock
rrrr no Season 4.5  tounge2.gif i do know this as am a big Galactica fan and i am doing a model of the Galactica and Pegasus for arma

Nope. Definately Season 3 episode 20. Its the season Finale.

Awesome stuff, Rock - simply amazing!

Slightly off topic, I'm surprised you didn't use "Oasis - Do you know what I mean?" for your Lynx video!

I can't help linking that chopper to that song! LOL! tounge2.gif Maybe the video is better than the song! wink_o.gif

Great stuff again mate, thanks to you and your team for all their hard work!

Stew

Some amazing looking stuff in these updates! Are you planning on making an unarmed or transport version of the navy lynx?

yup you got me  wink_o.gif

http://vimeo.com/905014

From the concert on April 15th, 2008 at the Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, CA. Bear McCreary,

{Slightly off topic, I'm surprised you didn't use "Oasis - Do you know what I mean?" for your Lynx video}

funny thig is i wos telling r kid of this addon and he did say thay need to use the Oasis one for it just like in the vid so er is one for ya can ya do a vid just the same as the Oasis one just for xmas wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Slightly off topic, I'm surprised you didn't use "Oasis - Do you know what I mean?" for your Lynx video!

I'm a Mancunian by birth. Hence I hate oasis. Besides its all rehashed Beatles tracks tounge2.gif

Seriously I wanted some continuity with the old AH7 video. Since the latest model is a more upto date addon i went with a more "upto date" Watchtower track.

smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 11</span>

Rapier FSC SHORAD System

dec11_RapierFSC_banner.jpg

The Rapier FSC (Field Standard C) air defence system developed by MBDA (formerly Matra BAe Dynamics, UK). The system is based on the Rapier mk2 missile and launcher, which is in service with the British Army...

...The system is a SHOrt Range Air Defence (SHORAD) design providing defence against unmanned aerial vehicles, cruise missiles, and fixed and rotary-wing aircraft. And is capable of engaging supersonic, low-level, high-manoeuvrability aircraft and can be towed behind medium size vehicles and armoured personnel carriers. It is air-portable by transport aircraft or helicopters.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 11th - "You'll have someone's eye out with that!" - Rapier FSC</span>

Have fun.

The very reason ArmA Chinooks can carry cargo...

...cannae wait for these!!