Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios : Reloaded

Hence I hate oasis. Besides its all rehashed Beatles tracks tounge2.gif

Your videos have always indicated to me that you have pretty bad taste in music; but seriously, after reading that it would appear you are beyond redemption. biggrin_o.gif

Any idea what sort of range the Rapier addon track targets out to, and what range will it engage at?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hence I hate oasis. Besides its all rehashed Beatles tracks tounge2.gif

Your videos have always indicated to me that you have pretty bad taste in music; but seriously, after reading that it would appear you are beyond redemption. biggrin_o.gif

I have very eclectic tastes smile_o.gif

Seriously though there is usually some subtle “message†or connection of sorts in the choice of the music.  Although, I take no responsibility for the Cargo System.  That was UNN’s project!

Any idea what sort of range the Rapier addon track targets out to, and what range will it engage at?

We’ll cover this properly in the FCSS update at some point. Since the 1.14 patch something appears to have changed which affects AI targeting at long range.  But right now we have missile engagement ranges at ~2.5 to 3.2 km.

Quote[/b] ]Any idea what sort of range the Rapier addon track targets out to, and what range will it engage at?

I finished writing the Rapier scripts before Arma was released. At that time, the maximum range we could engage with a standard OFP missile was 3000m. We have yet to fully explore the capabilities of Arma, things have changed, so we cant say for sure just yet.

As for tracking with the Rapiers, Blinfire and Dagger. It currently stands at 5000,8000 and 13000 meters respectively.

Very cool. I presume that the missile system can be crippled by destroying the search radars?

Also, how does it look now that the missile spamming has been eradicated?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Very cool. I presume that the missile system can be crippled by destroying the search radars?

Also, how does it look now that the missile spamming has been eradicated?

Not for the FSC. It will for other systems that aren’t so robust. Each component of the FSC system has its own radar. What changes is the effective detection range. All this is will be covered in the FCSS update (Video with voice over) and text.

As for Missile spamming... well it now means you really do need to use tactics to breach the air defences. I set 4 SU-34 attacking the island. Only one made it past the 1000m mark. Then it was downed about 2 seconds later.

I set 4 SU-34 attacking the island.  Only one made it past the 1000m mark.  Then it was downed about 2 seconds later.

But that's because BIS' SU34 do not have any jamming/chaff no?

I set 4 SU-34 attacking the island.  Only one made it past the 1000m mark.  Then it was downed about 2 seconds later.

True,

If the jamming/chaff is set up realistic the SU would need to make a hard turn or change direction to make the countermeasure effective. smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Without countermeasures they all die for a cost of 4 missiles.  How close they get is only a factor of speed.

If you use Franze/William1's flares only 1 gets through consistantly but dies on the way exiting the area for a cost of 12 missiles.  But its not really a realistic scenerio when ~80% of the time the missile get deflected no matter what angle or how close the target is.

Sounds like the next project. ^^

A counter messeare system that calculates the flares position, the position of the plane and its change in direction would be cool. But there is a lot stuff to work on. wink_o.gif

I am looking forward to see the Sa-2 SAM Site with that kind of system.

Still got a model for Ofp on my disk. Hope to see yours for ArmA soon.  inlove.gif

7e9d3bd0e8a177f7e8ae472a8044fa672f4158ca.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock
Aushilfe @ Dec. 11 2008,21:11)]Sounds like the next project. ^^

A counter messeare system that calculates the flares position, the position of the plane and its change in direction would be cool. But there is a lot stuff to work on. wink_o.gif

I am looking forward to see the Sa-2 SAM Site with that kind of system.

Still got a model for Ofp on my disk. Hope to see yours for ArmA soon.  inlove.gif

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/large/7e9d3bd0e8a177f7e8ae472a8044fa672f4158ca.jpg[]

Already, done mate we're testing now.

And we have the SA-2/Fansong/Spoonrest combination already set.

Hmm interesting info about the missile system, didn't know that real life missile systems could track and fire at multiple targets at the same time tounge2.gif

I actually thought they had a more fire at first target then when 1st target is down then focus on the next.

A minor nitpick maybe but are missiles always pretty clean? Would be nice with some shadows and slight dirt on the stuff.

Anyways keep on rocking guys!

Hmm interesting info about the missile system, didn't know that real life missile systems could track and fire at multiple targets at the same time  tounge2.gif

I actually thought they had a more fire at first target then when 1st target is down then focus on the next.

A minor nitpick maybe but are missiles always pretty clean? Would be nice with some shadows and slight dirt on the stuff.

Anyways keep on rocking guys!

I will be adding some more dirt and things to the texture real soon. Gone be ok wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

LMAO! You've just won me a bet!

But in real like the live missiles are very clean they are transported in their own containers on special racks so as not to get damaged. The training rounds however look like crap, chips and dinks all over them. The live shots are usually very clean.

Really looking forward to seeing those AA systems released. Once had the vain idea that I could potentially have figured a simple way to emulate your system...was proven very wrong indeed lol.

Excellent work on the scripts and models, they'll be a brilliant addition to ArmA (or ArmA II). =]

Forgive me if it's a stupid question, been up late doing revision and only briefly scanned through your article.

I assume that AWACs style units will be able to pass information regarding targets in range of the missles to the fire control unit in addition to the finder unit?

Already, done mate we're testing now.

And we have the SA-2/Fansong/Spoonrest combination already set.

Really looking forward now. So we might get an updated testreport for the SAM vs Plane soon.?. xmas_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Forgive me if it's a stupid question, been up late doing revision and only briefly scanned through your article.

I assume that AWACs style units will be able to pass information regarding targets in range of the missles to the fire control unit in addition to the finder unit?

That’s something i'll cover in the FCSS update.  its shaping up to be quite a big one some hopefully we'll answer all the questions.

Which S-75 version will be in the addon? Dvina? Desna? Volhov?

Do you plan adding PRV-11 height-finder radar?

The basic system will be The Volkhov/FANSONG E pairing, mainly because thats the ones that i have the best reference for and its most common in the middle east from what i've read.  But I will add the FANSONG F as a nod to the the latest generation system.

I wasnt planning on doing the PRV-11 but it might make it in as set dressing if nothing else.

Apologies for the delay in posting but its been a hellish day.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 12</span>

WIP Part 3 – Its SAMday

dec12-banner.jpg

As I explained with the Rapier FSC yesterday all the SAMs we're making are going to rely on the FCSS for their advanced functionality. I was asked yesterday what other SAMs we're making. So today we're going to show you some more SAM systems.

Each of our SAMs are modular. Each unit performs a task as it does in the real world: search Radars, FCRs and Launchers. What started with the Rapier FSC expanded to support other addon sets.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 12th - WIP Part 3 – Its SAMday</span>

Rock old chum,

As part of your OPFOR projects, is there any chance you might be able to add SAM capability to the Shilka as described by the ZSU-23-4M4?

Wow, i love such SAM sites - awesome...

Sadly Sahrani is way way to small to place them in a strategic way...

But i found a project on your guys Page which sounds even more awesome:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/projects/islands.html

1677.xx sq KM wow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Thats more than 6 times the size of Arma2s Chernarus - on such larger scales, SAM-Sites making much more sense of course....

I really pray you guys will finish that stuff (even when in Arma2) - that would be awesome.

Rock old chum,

As part of your OPFOR projects, is there any chance you might be able to add SAM capability to the Shilka as described by the ZSU-23-4M4?

Just use Mando missile for that. It already does this. With that said.. although Sahrani is to small for a "normal" Sam effective range, will there be a way to tweak the range? That's a great feature Mando has in the missile suite. One can make the range much shorter to cover a specific region instead of shooting anything down regardless of the distance on the map.

If there was a way to reduce the range of the Sam's then we wouldn't have to hear any crying about it until the island was ready to go. We already know that will occur, people have already proven they have no respect for the amount of work and time that goes into your projects. So the whining over the release date of Boa Verde is probably a given. But hopefully all those people will be gone for good by that time, or just grow up a little. wink_o.gifwhistle.gifpistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]If there was a way to reduce the range of the Sam's

Most of the important parameters, for all our systems. Can be configured either globaly, using a missions string table. Or localy for each individual unit, using scripted functions.

The rest is down to the model config.

Good stuff. I figured you guys would have something up your sleeves but I figured I'd ask. Thanks for the info.

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 13</span>

dec13_hm1_banner.jpg

Merlin HM1

Ok, so I'm cheating again. Its been a long week and stressful week, talk about "making a rod for your own back". this advent calendar lark is very time consuming!

Right, VBS2 shots of our models dressed in BIA's textures. As with the Lynx HMA.8 the Merlin HM1 isnt exactly ready for public show yet. but in our defence we are planning some pretty extensive features for it.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 13th - Merlin in Blue...erm Gray</span>

(sorry for the slight OT, the Canterburry class, is it part of your project or is it VBS?)

Guest RKSL-Rock
(sorry for the slight OT, the Canterburry class, is it part of your project or is it VBS?)

VBS2 - Part of the New Zealand Content.