Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios : Reloaded

yea 3 people were hit by it but were outta hospital in days

i was there tat year..apart form tat and the rain it was amazing

EF thyphoon and the Blades for RAF

Irish air corps CASA and euro copter

Thunderbird F-16 and two A-10 who decided to join in while re fueling at a Irish airport lol

Guest RKSL-Rock

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 13</span>

dec14_MerlinHC3_banner.jpg

Merlin HC3

OK so i'm NOT cheating today. Although I suppose i could have. This is the Merlin HC.3 the RAF version. As you will see from some of the screen shots its still a work in progress so dont expect perfection.

As with yesterday's HM1 the HC.3 is based on the EH101 (now AW101) although its closer to the stock version than the HM1 is. The biggest noticable difference is the rear fuselage. The HC.3 has a ramp and a much larger cargo area designed to transport small vehiclas and palletised equiment...

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 14th - Merlin in Green</span>

I have another question about the Volhov:

What EW radar does it use? (of course in the addon, and please no NATO codes, I hate them)

BTW, your SAM systems look great! smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I have another question about the Volhov:

What EW radar does it use? (of course in the addon, and please no NATO codes, I hate them)

BTW, your SAM systems look great!  smile_o.gif

I take it you mean the Search/Acquisition radar.  I am going to make the P-12 “SPOON REST†and the P-15 “FLAT FACEâ€.  They fit in with the longer term plans I have for ArmA II.

Sorry but I don’t know the Soviet Designations.  All the literature I have is from NATO sources.

Thanks for the info!

P-12 and P-15 are soviet designations! smile_o.gif

Soviet designations are much simpler than NATO codes.(Even GRAU code I think) If you want I can explain them.

The only confusing thing that there are service, industry and GRAU designations. The most common are service and GRAU.

For example: P-12 (service), 1RL14 (GRAU)

I really look forward smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Thanks for the info!

P-12 and P-15 are soviet designations! smile_o.gif

Soviet designations are much simpler than NATO codes.(Even GRAU code I think) If you want I can explain them.

The only confusing thing that there are service, industry and GRAU designations. The most common are service and GRAU.

For example: P-12 (service), 1RL14 (GRAU)

I really look forward  smile_o.gif

It was the GRAU designations i thought you meant!

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Day 15 - Cargo System Video Preview</span>

dec15-cargosys-banner.jpg

A quickly thrown together video with a voice over - not sure if its worse than the music on the old one though - showig the cargo systme and some of its capabilites:

Originally the cargo system was intended for RKSL heavy transport vehicles only. However the idea soon expanded into a generic system, for any Arma addon configured to support it’s functionality. It is most likely that the first stage of release, will support all the default Arma vehicles and objects, considered suitable for the system.

Compatible RKSL vehicles and objects will be introduced in the future. While initially this will only provide a limited number of transporters and cargo types, it will serve to introduce the concept to the wider community.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>CLICK ME - December 15th - Cargo System Video Preview</span>

Thanks for the video. It's nice to see it in action. This definitely looks intriguing and it will definitely get some major use from me.

One question, is that you speaking in the video?(But I found they answer at the end. Doorbell rang the first time.) One thing I've never liked about forums is the impersonal nature of them. Actually hearing someone describe something is a nice change of pace.   thumbs-up.gif

No doubt, I'm quite happy to see that it can be used with other non-RKSL vehicles. I didn't even think about that and surely didn't see it coming.

Guest RKSL-Rock
One question, is that you speaking in the video? One thing I've never liked about forums is the impersonal nature of them. Actually hearing someone describe something is a nice change of pace.   thumbs-up.gif

I'm afraid it is. In all my extremely exhausted and pissed off glory. wink_o.gif

Yup, I heard it at the end. My apologies for asking, the doorbell rang at the end and I missed it the first time.

Really is an revolutionary bit of work, this system. UNN's a bloody genius.

Any chance you'll produce a round chute model for the palletised drops, instead of the ram-air type ones BIS gave us (god knows why)?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Really is an revolutionary bit of work, this system. UNN's a bloody genius.

Any chance you'll produce a round chute model for the palletised drops, instead of the ram-air type ones BIS gave us (god knows why)?

Its being sorted.  We used the BIS ones because we havent had the time to sort it for the video.

notworthy.gif That is seriously impressive! I was blown away the first time I saw the proof of concept (with the Japanese sound track) but this, this is something else. Love the fact that is 'tweakable'.

You sirs, are a group of certified geniuses.

I loved the animated drop sequence (C130's)- If you had a group of para's in the back would their exit be animated as well, or are you going to leave it as the standard Mongolian-Cluster-F**k exit sequence that is default (no offence BIS)?

Also re: the chutes, is there a drag chute for vehicles in the works?

ROCK, UNN, VXR, et al, I salute you all.

xmas_o.gif

Wow, trully amazing job guys!

3 questions:

- What happens to the crate if the jeep/plane carrying it gets destroyed?

- Can you pick the location where the crate is "dropped" from a (ground) vehicle. I saw you can move it once it is dropped, but about picking the location?

Reason I ask is what happens if you are on a bridge/dock/beach and the crate is randomly droped in the water? (And then does it sink or float? Does it get destroyed or can you move it back on solid ground?)

- Could it work with Ships?

Wow, trully amazing job guys!

3 questions:

- What happens to the crate if the jeep/plane carrying it gets destroyed?

- Can you pick the location where the crate is "dropped" from a (ground) vehicle. I saw you can move it once it is dropped, but about picking the location?

Reason I ask is what happens if you are on a bridge/dock/beach and the crate is randomly droped in the water? (And then does it sink or float? Does it get destroyed or can you move it back on solid ground?)

- Could it work with Ships?

I can answer 2 of those questions.

When a crate is unloaded it goes to a spot that is set by the script. I is possible that it lands in sea or somewhere you do not want it to unload. The crate did not sink, I was able to drag it around in overview mode.

At this moment it is possible to load up cargo to the RHIB ships.

Thank you all for your compliments and nice reactions!

Guest RKSL-Rock
What happens to the crate if the jeep/plane carrying it gets destroyed?

The cargo gets destroyed.

Can you pick the location where the crate is "dropped" from a (ground) vehicle. I saw you can move it once it is dropped, but about picking the location?

This is better answered by UNN.  But as VXR says the system drops the object in a random place relative to the box.  There is logic to it however.  The system uses the same criteria as the default ArmA behaviour.  It doesn’t allow objects to clash or collide so it places them a safe distance away from each other.

The answer to that is: it depends on the conditions.  By default it tries to put it on solid ground.   This means road ways etc *sometimes* get ignored.   In the case of bridges it may put it on the ground underneath.  Objects usually sink unless supported by geometry or a roadway.  IN the case of a Rhib etc because they are so close to the water line it not a problem they just float.

If you crate sinks and you are close enough to another cargo object you can usually pick it up and recover it in the overhead view.

Could it work with Ships?

I’ve just tried it with our HMS Albion (175m long and 40m wide) with limited success. By that I mean I can load boxes onto the vehicles but unloading them is hit and miss.  Using the overhead view results in the object dropping to the lower deck in most cases.  Up until now I hadn’t really thought about issues with roadways.  It’s something we’ll need to look at in the future.    Thanks for the prompt!  We’ll have to look into it.

Quote[/b] ]I’ve just tried it with our HMS Albion

Well until BIA see fit to sell me a copy of VBS2 icon_rolleyes.gif We will have to wait for something suitable in Arma.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Quote[/b] ]I’ve just tried it with our HMS Albion

Well until BIA see fit to sell me a copy of VBS2 icon_rolleyes.gif We will have to wait for something suitable in Arma.

*Cough* I made HMS Albion....check our forums for the download!

I loved the animated drop sequence (C130's)- If you had a group of para's in the back would their exit be animated as well, or are you going to leave it as the standard Mongolian-Cluster-F**k exit sequence that is default (no offence BIS)?

Not sure just yet we haven’t finished with the C-130 yet so character anims (my area) haven’t been addressed yet.

Also re: the chutes, is there a drag chute for vehicles in the works?

Yes, they are part of the “must make new chutes†projects.

I am truly enjoying your christmas calendar and what you show me/us are amazing. Thank you.

I am truly enjoying your christmas calendar and what you show me/us are amazing. Thank you.

Same here. Absolutely fantastic work notworthy.gif

BTW. Tried posting a comment on your site. Was told I was to get a confirmation e.mail, but it never popped up in my inbox or spam huh.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
BTW. Tried posting a comment on your site. Was told I was to get a confirmation e.mail, but it never popped up in my inbox or spam  huh.gif

I've just checked and there is no un-verified message from you? 6 other people posted in the last 12 hours so I think the problem maybe your end?