Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

EricM Hind Pack BETA1

Hi,

Nothing to add to the bugs already reported, just wanted to tell you, you both did a great job, thanks for those babies, I'm already putting them into my mission ! smile_o.gif

Keep going on !

I've spotted this very nasty bug:

hindbug1.jpg

And as far I know the Mi-24 can carry 8 fully armed people in cargo bay and pilot and gunner in the cockpit ...

But hind's really good for beta version. I hope in the full version the max speed will be 300 km/h if 330 km/h isn't possible these loaded weapons on Hind.

And as far I know the Mi-24 can carry 8 fully armed people in cargo bay and pilot and gunner in the cockpit ...

yes, but SLA has decided to remove 2 of the seats so they can carry more internal cargo wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
I've spotted this very nasty bug:

[im]http://shrani.si/f/30/k3/4sIZv9Qo/hindbug1.jpg[/img]

But hind's really good for beta version. I hope in the full version the max speed will be 300 km/h if 330 km/h isn't possible these loaded weapons on Hind.

Ok thats and easy fix the pilot proxy is missing from the cargo view. Its hardly a nasty bug just annoying.

Yes the hind should normally carry 8 people but the bench size is to scale and the BIS soldier is a fat bastard so 8 people dont fit on the benches.

CLICK ME - It already does over 300KPH!!!

Yes, it goes, but only if you descent from 1000m ... And hind can cruise 300km/h without descenting. With full armament and without cargo.

And no, soldiers aren't fat bastards, just hind has only one bench. If you want 8 troops in the hind, you should solve this problem with adding the second bench: like this (Made in MS Paint):

21231.jpg

Just a suggestion.

Yes, it goes, but only if you descent from 1000m ... And hind can cruise 300km/h without descenting. With full armament and without cargo.

the Hind already has trouble with taking off when fully loaded, it has to do a rolling take off in real life. wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

I don't know what you want me to say I get that flying around 50-100m in a very shallow dive, not from 1000m.

I am sorry but I got lots of demands for realism.  I carefully set up the flight model to be as realistic as I possibly can.  I've made it feel heavy but usable; I've taken the information form the best sources I have to setup the speeds as realistically as I know how. It can exceed 320kph if you push it hard enough but it comfortably cruises at 250-275kph - which I have from various confirmed sources i.e. books, videos and interviews with actual HIND pilots is the proper cruising speed.  Which now seems is also incidentally slightly past the point at which the AI can actually handle properly.  If anything it will have to be slowed down further so the AI can actually use it.

If you want to further increase the speed to what you think it should be I suggest you wait until the MLODs are out and make your own conversion.  I really do feel that to increase it further would be both unrealistic and counter productive as the AI already struggle to cope with the current speeds.

I guess realism is measured with a precision of 1kph wink_o.gif Come on, the AI (which honestly would fly 99% of the time) already has trouble taking off with a MH6 without crashing in trees, bushes, mountains, birds, aircraft, what not... This chopper can fly and maneuver with an AI, it's already a good thing.

But 8 soldiers on board would be good, if it's not too hard to add them and their bench in O2. What do you think?

Malick

Guest RKSL-Rock
I guess realism is measured with a precision of 1kph wink_o.gif Come on, the AI (which honestly would fly 99% of the time) already has trouble taking off with a MH6 without crashing in trees, bushes, mountains, birds, aircraft, what not... This chopper can fly and maneuver with an AI, it's already a good thing.

But 8 soldiers on board would be good, if it's not too hard to add them and their bench in O2. What do you think?

Malick

It can fly but it cant, as previously stated actually attack properly... it really frustrates me because you obviously aren't aware of the limits of the arma engine.  The faster this thing goes the less likely the AI can engage targets.  The AI is dumber than a primary school drop out!

Final Word on this - I am not going to increase the speed on the demands of a few people that seem to think everything must fly at it top stated speed all the time. It will just render the addon unsuable by the AI.

As for 8 people on a Hind...Yes it can carry 8 people but only at the cost of some of its fuel or weapons.  It has 6 cargo slots as a nod to some form of realistic limits.  Hind's are very rarely used to transport troops. If Eric wants to add the extra seats etc I will but I think its a step away from realism.

My question is what do you really want realism or arcade?

Hi, i haven't try yet this hinds as they still in Beta stage and seems

to don't engage on foot units and other ground targets; but 6 seats

will be enough for me, a entire squad = officer + 4 soldiers + sniper

or sharp shooter; that's more than enough, when you see the SF's

coming then it's time to advance quickly or retreat covered by the

bigger lead wall that you've ever seen. Let's C ya

Ok ive been very busy with work and my new car, but how ive managed to not see this right away...

Just downloaded and had a quick testflight, only did the very basic of things, take off, landing, tested the limits, and bit of the weapons, and the crash resistance. wink_o.gif

Had to post that this really is one

F****** top notch helicopter!!!! <!!!! + !!!!

Very nice flight model, it just feels like the flight model is accurate to the weight, size, and power of this helicopter.

*goes off to fly some more, gotta check out the weapons and the other features more closely.

Thank you all who helped on this addon!

thumbs-up.gif

Actually, the hind CAN indeed have 2 benches and up to 8 seats in real life but that didn't seem to be the most common configuration. Most of the time (from my pics, I'm no expert) there was only one bench and some free space for cargo or whatever.

Rock already managed to stick 6 people in a convincing manner, and though it wouldn't be too much of a problem to copy the bench in O2, it may come at the expense of further flexibility (if you want to add cargo scripts for instance) and even realism in some cases (as seen on the ref pictures).

All in all, it's all about compromises, because we can't think of all the versions and uses possibles. So dropping 2 seats out of the 8 max possible doesn't seem too bad, what do you think ?

Moreover, as much as I like the hind, it wouldn't be very wise to make it the "king of all choppers" : 400+ km/h cruise speed, 8 seats, super heavy armor, long range, turret, missiles, rockets, 30mm gunpods, side gunners, you name it...

I'm no pro, but I doubt it can do EVERYTHING well at the same time in real life and though it could be fun in the editor, it would probably kill the fun in game in MP as nobody would ever want to use the Mi17, Kamov, or even the US counterparts

At last, if it REALLY bothers you, we plan to release the source model and paint kit somehow for the final version. Then anyone will be able to create their own "pet" version (I have mine...).

So, in a nutshell : it's a "feature", not a bug...

Don't worry Rock and Eric, I'm very well aware of the game limitations. I was just making fun of the guys wanting it to fly exactly as they expected... I love this bird and the way it currently flies. Making it fly 200, 300kmh or 3.10^8m/s would not really change anything for me.

As long as the AI is able to handle it without crashing into everything, I'm happy smile_o.gif

And for the 8 seater, I believe I can live with your explanation : not the most common version. I'll keep it 6 seater then ! It's already one damn beast, with huge firepower, let's not make it a "do all, kill all, fly like a jet with armored plates" thingy.

Keep us informed ^^

Malick

Hi, other possible solution for the seats thing may be to make the

older versions have 8 seats and reduce theyr max speed in 35Kmh

and make the newer versions have 6 seats and the speed that they

already have... so everyone will get what they want without loose

or add too much to the addon and preserving it's MP uses and not

doing 'em "the ultimate flying killing machines". Let's c ya

Bloody good helicopter. Eric you and rocko should be really proud of this. Not only is it a fantasic model. It remains true to the prototype as much as the ArmA engine will allow. Not only that its very easy to fly and use in missions. Looking forward to the full version but this beta release will keep me entertained for hours! thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Bloody good helicopter. Eric you and rocko should be really proud of this. Not only is it a fantasic model. It remains true to the prototype as much as the ArmA engine will allow. Not only that its very easy to fly and use in missions. Looking forward to the full version but this beta release will keep me entertained for hours!  thumbs-up.gif

I do wish people wouldnt call me "Rocko", that is someone else.  It all gets very confusing. I’m either Rock or RockofSL, I'll even accept RKSL.

Glad you like the Hinds.  

I just want to say "Thank you" to all those people who made the effort to register on the bug tracker and post all the bugs they've found.  You've really helped us improve the addon.

Hopefully the 2nd Beta will be out next weekend time permitting and if all goes well the full pack will follow shortly after.

Thanks.

I'll use this beta1 with my team on Thursday (SmukY will probably fly it) and report back to BT if we find anything that is not reported yet in.

There's another Rock'o? Do'h. Sorry I didn't know that. I just thought it sounded cool. How about Rocky? lol...just kidding. I'll try to remember to spell your title out fully.

Like the rest I'm likewise fully enjoying this Hind pack. Absolutely amazing. If you all did a Syrian cammo pattern on it for my mod's Syrian pack, I'd be jumping up and down like a little kid after drinking too much Kool-Aid. If ya all got too much other things to do that's ok though.

Anyhoo...back to looking for bugs...lets see if I can fly this baby upside down... lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

If you all did a Syrian cammo pattern on it for my mod's Syrian pack, I'd be jumping up and down like a little kid after drinking too much Kool-Aid.

From what i understood (and I think I am correct) you will get a full modder kit (Photoshop file for texture+Mlod model) when the final version is out. smile_o.gif

um, the saying that hind has to do a rolling out to take-off with full loadout is a bit wrong, it needs it only when operating in great hights... just like in afghanistan's airfields on mountains(well it needed in soviet-afghan war)...

hm, after reading this thread i think i realy need to test this beta, to check it out smile_o.gif

Well,what about possibility to use random numbering?And replacement config with all features working? tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Well,what about possibility to use random numbering?And replacement config with all features working? tounge2.gif

Replacement config?

I can answer random numbers: I suspect we don't use them anymore because it adds 1 extra section per number. Thus doubling the section count for a model.

Also there is a problem of MP locality.