Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

EricM Hind Pack BETA1

um, the saying that hind has to do a rolling out to take-off with full loadout is a bit wrong, it needs it only when operating in great hights... just like in afghanistan's airfields on mountains(well it needed in soviet-afghan war)...

hm, after reading this thread i think i realy need to test this beta, to check it out smile_o.gif

check these pages, many of the pages say its true and even cant hover fully loaded.

Sry about this post

I made a new sound of Mi24 and i recorded one "lame" test video biggrin_o.gif

Sry again its offtopic  tounge2.gif

Love it RH... if i remember correctly you did a lovely sound for HWM Huey too? smile_o.gif

Love it RH... if i remember correctly you did a lovely sound for HWM Huey too? smile_o.gif

thx , If u mean that what recorded and posted in youtube , yes smile_o.gif

It sounds nice, but since I've never heard of a real Mi24 before, I couldn't say if it's better than BIS sound or not...

What is it based on ?

On a side note : why did you put music on a video where you want to show new sounds ? Not that it's not a nice music, but it's kind of counterproductive to hear the background...

It's based on real life mi24 videos + some youtube mi24 videos biggrin_o.gif

If u wanted i can tommorow upload that video /without music/ in somewhere ,but not youtube because its uploads too long sad_o.gif Any better video hosting then youtube?  confused_o.gif

If u wanted i can tommorow upload that video /without music/ in somewhere ,but not youtube because its uploads too long sad_o.gif Any better video hosting then youtube?  confused_o.gif

Pairs of Hinds of Polish Air Force are constantly flying over my house for about two weeks. Their crews are undergoing training for service in Afghanistan xD Mi-24s are loudest helicopters I ever heard. Your sound needs tweaking wink_o.gif

ed.

- that's goin over my head, only 2-3 times louder xD

Pairs of Hinds of Polish Air Force are constantly flying over my house for about two weeks. Their crews are undergoing training for service in Afghanistan xD Mi-24s are loudest helicopters I ever heard. Your sound needs tweaking wink_o.gif

ed.

- that's goin over my head, only 2-3 times louder xD

Same thing here but instead of hind there are daily Apaches flying over for the past 10 years. Tonight they will have night training and will return at 3am and will fly over very low.

Weapons config

my impression on weapons config for current version smile_o.gif

After test: almost OK. Bugs found: SIX/SLX tracers seem to be spamming too much with Yak-B - that's probably connected with M2 base class. Changed class name results in Falangas not disappearing from launching rails (proxy/model), but I assume that's the price of "gameplay/naming compatibility" smile_o.gif

Quote (hamis @ June 25 2008,07:21)

Well,what about possibility to use random numbering?And replacement config with all features working?

Replacement config?

I mean config that replaces original ka50 with one of your hinds. tounge2.gif

VXR,

come on, did you even read what i was saying or what that article was?

Limitations in thin air or hot weather... Thin air can be found while operating from great hights, like from Afghanistans airfields which are 4km over sea level and...

you know, western helis have thin air and hot weather limitations too...

Community input can be a very good thing smile_o.gif Thank you zGuba for sharing your config.

I have one question though : why not use as much as possible BIS config for weapons, ammo and magazines ?

Especially when it comes to rockets pods, 12.7mm machine gun and their bullets. This would save some coding, fit the game in terms of config and makes it compatible with some replacements (sounds for example).

Malick

VXR,

come on, did you even read what i was saying or what that article was?

Limitations in thin air or hot weather... Thin air can be found while operating from great hights, like from Afghanistans airfields which are 4km over sea level and...

you know, western helis have thin air and hot weather limitations too...

Yes, you said it only happens when operating in thin air or hot weather but the Hind doesnt only have the limitation in that conditions according to some articles in the link but also in normal conditions when fully loaded.

Hello again here's second test video (flyby) with that new mi24 sound , this time without music and short biggrin_o.gif

Community input can be a very good thing smile_o.gif Thank you zGuba for sharing your config.

I have one question though : why not use as much as possible BIS config for weapons, ammo and magazines ?

Especially when it comes to rockets pods, 12.7mm machine gun and their bullets. This would save some coding, fit the game in terms of config and makes it compatible with some replacements (sounds for example).

Malick

Hmmm. Maybe because it has to be "free of BIS content". But I guess that in each and every game (except "civilian" flightsims) you'll have to create weapon configuration at least similar to the game's content. Sticking to ArmA config is worth it - try using it with SIX or SLX tracers smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

@Anyone that's complaining about configs...

Please stop speculating about things you know nothing about. The reason the weapons configs are screwed up is due to a mistake on my part. No other motive or reason. They were a legacy of an internal BETA version when I was experimenting with weapons setups. They were included by accident when we reverted to a previous build to reduce the number of versions and the file size of the Beta. It will be replaced in the BETA2. In the mean time please stop creating rumours and conspiracy theories.

Thank you.

@Anyone that's complaining about configs...

Please stop speculating about things you know nothing about.  The reason the weapons configs are screwed up is due to a mistake on my part.  No other motive or reason.  They were a legacy of an internal BETA version when I was experimenting with weapons setups.  They were included by accident when we reverted to a previous build to reduce the number of versions and the file size of the Beta.  It will be replaced in the BETA2.  In the mean time please stop creating rumours and conspiracy theories.

Thank you.

Nobody whines neithers prays for Allah's revenge there. Questions, expressions of doubts and suggestions are rather usual forms in conversations. wink_o.gif

It's BETA, written in capitals. I only wanted to be sure that screwed up RHS Hind weapons won't be the pattern for Your addon. Existence of 3rd party tracers also makes me interested in the base for this addon's bullets config.

Now waiting for BETA2!  smile_o.gif

We've used this addon in the past 5 MP events and everytime its working smoothly without any problems... biggest problem so far is that missions usually become a lot easier when you get into cockpit of this beast - 128 rockets usually does the job, not to mention great armor able to withstand heavy MG fire...

Guest RKSL-Rock
We've used this addon in the past 5 MP events and everytime its working smoothly without any problems... biggest problem so far is that missions usually become a lot easier when you get into cockpit of this beast - 128 rockets usually does the job, not to mention great armor able to withstand heavy MG fire...

We’re glad you like it, but I know what you mean.  It is devastating if your mission isn’t setup to counter it.

This is a GREAT AddOn, any progress report on it?

Sorry I’ve been a bit busy with real life to do much mod work.

There is progress.  I’ve managed to go through the reported bugs and confirmed most.  I’m slowly working through the list but I have some much proper work on right now it may still be a while before I can do the work required for the proper release.

Man, I love this chopper! I'm getting better at making pinpoint attacks with it, although still shakey. I'm actually getting the ArmA helicopter flight model and how it acts. No need to counter balance everything! Choppers are getting to be enjoyable to fly! Also, i've destroyed tons of civvy cars on Rahmadi getting my skills better and while doing so noticed these things:

the cockpit specular needs to be either removed or really tweaked.

The outer specular could do with a bit of toning down, it's a bit pronounced atm, but still looking cool.

The Mi-24F has the 57mm in the weapons menu. Empty though.

Very nice addon, very very. Much fun. Makes me forget the fine I got!

BAH.

Glad you like it. I think I already tweaked the specular of the cockpit and a few other things...

It's now in the hand of RockofSL, but I understand he's been busy lately. Hell, maybe he even went on holiday, god knows what kind of crazy stuff happen during summer wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Glad you like it. I think I already tweaked the specular of the cockpit and a few other things...

It's now in the hand of RockofSL, but I understand he's been busy lately. Hell, maybe he even went on holiday, god knows what kind of crazy stuff happen during summer wink_o.gif

I've disappeared into a maelstrom of Work, Hospital Appointments and Job interviews.  I just have a week or two of chaos left then I will get the full pack out I promise.