Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

High Definition Tropic Island

[/Orgasm]

Too bad my internets are so f'ing slow right now.

EDIT:

Haha, I thought had seen those shechshy models somewhere before, I came back here and did further reading.

I made a small gameplay video, too.

Ok, finally I managed to change the water color on my island:

wateruv3.jpg

next pass will be to modify some parameters regarding the daylight, the color of the sky, and the weather wink_o.gif

LOL messing with waves settings:

Enjoy my new NVGoggle color:

wow some nice work being done here love it biggrin_o.gif In this video your army unit had an option to set comfloge and also an add grass to the unit like an sniper would in the field. Is this only in your testing or is it out to be done as an dl addon? This would be lovely for spec ops and other units like snipers. Also the waves look wow vary nice biggrin_o.gif

The waves and the water are awesome.

Is there anyway that the wave severity could be a toggle controlled by mission editor? So we could specify calm or stormy seas?

Well, weather already affects the height and frequency of waves. I imagine the extremes, however, are dictated by the island designer. I doubt you could go beyond those limits only as a mission editor.

- dRb

hey Linker Split smile_o.gif

good job mate. thumbs-up.gif

Hi Linker Split

a very nice Island you made here. I love the damage system absolute awesome.

I made a small in game footage here's the link:

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

nettrucker

pistols.gif  pistols.gif

Ãœber nice vid you have there! the buildings are back? I thought they were lost with the previous version?

Hi Kristian

I don't know if the buildings are back. This version is the one before Linker Split experienced troubles with the buildings. I dunno at what stage is the new version yet, but anyway it's a very nice Island, ideal also for "NAM" missions.

Cheers

nettrucker biggrin_o.gif

did ya guys notice the option to put on diffrent camo and add a gillie suit to the unit huh.gif

Hi guys,

the camo system is ONLY an exclusive of this character, cause it uses a custom skeleton with some new custom bones to hide selections... but at least you could use the scripts in it, but still they uses setobjectTexture procedure, so you definitively have to mess around with them.

About the Waves, I can only specify the peak top and bottom values, but I can't manipulate them ingame: they are withing the config

Thanks to Syinde, now I got my PEW back, and I've added new objects to the map, still keeping attention to the Lag, trying to keep it below the red zone (I still got 20 FPS on my low-end PC, but I increased the vegetation to an insane atmosphere tounge2.gif)

Just curious, what are your PC specs ? I have already forgot it whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I think the island should have bigger wawes than sahrani does smile_o.gif

Just curious, what are your PC specs ? I have already forgot it whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Pentium IV 3.0 Ghz

1024Mb RAM single channel Mode

Sapphire Radeon x1550 512Mb

sad_o.gif

but it still runs good ArmA tounge2.gif

anyway, the waves can me set via config, but to a certain height, I can't go further, and the waves now are bigger than the sarhani ones biggrin_o.gif

wow how can you makesuch good pictures and taking these marvellous videos in such quality ?

I have 2.0 Core Duo, 2GB of ram and 8600m GT 512 and I still have some problems with fps huh.gif

Enough of OT, awaiting your island and units waaaaaaa notworthy.gif

But I think that helmet with visor and headset should suit your soldier much better wink_o.gif

wow how can you makesuch good pictures and taking these marvellous videos in such quality ?

I have 2.0 Core Duo, 2GB of ram and 8600m GT 512 and I still have some problems with fps huh.gif

But I think that helmet with visor and headset should suit your soldier much better wink_o.gif

Looks like 256 bit GFX memory bandwith is a minimum. Got 8600GT Sonic+ and the island looks ugly on my PC... hope I'd get 9600 soon.

you made a good point:

well, I always wanted a light soldier, so some special forces one, which got a beret, or at least nothing, only the goggles and the headset...

metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater.jpg

something like this you know... biggrin_o.gif

I support you in that. A Solid Snake model inlove.gif

Lol, a bit hard to shape it from scratch, I only need the head biggrin_o.gif

I'll ask other guys of other games if they can give me permission to use at least the big boss's head to use in my model

Dang it, bandana would be nice biggrin_o.gif

Have you tried Yaciek'S Mercs ? One of them had nice headband like Snake smile_o.gif

But hey, I don't want you to copy other things, you can surely make it yourself. And much more better wink_o.gif

Ok, finally I managed to create the auto-camouflage option:

when you set it, then this character will change AUTOMATICALLY the camouflage according to the object he is near to.

I'll show you screenshots:

camoauto3em2.jpg

camoauto4ve1.jpg

camoauto5ta2.jpg

wink_o.gif