Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

High Definition Tropic Island

strange, did you download it from this topic? download it again, it's really strange, then make some screens to let me see

Guest Ti0n3r

I get no clouds+sun textures on this island. Is it only me or is someone else having the same problem?

MAn is it just me... my version doesn't seem to have that manny three's... they are even less than some of the dens forrests of Saharani.. Or maybe i just tested it at a bad spot.

Hi.. same problem here. Not much trees on island. Download twice from different sources.  huh.gif

Screen from CH22 watching north:

hdislandnq1.th.jpg

help.gif

Yeah I get the same.

No sky textures and some scattered palm trees around.

I am downloading again just to be sure.

Of course there are some regions without high density coverage... tounge2.gif

Guys, don't worry, this is normal on this island, I'll cover it when I'll update it, don't worry.. for the Sky textures... i don't know, I don't get them too, but I don't know why

Hey Linker great work first of all.

Whilst cruising around for a while and adjusting graphical settings, it looks as though the tree textures might not have LOD's? I might be wrong but it just looked very sharp going around. To clarify what I mean would be for example the chain link fence and how you can clearly see the chains from afar and it seems to interfere a bit with pixelation. I know how hard it is to focus on all these details so please don't take it as a criticism as on my mid range pc something seemed a bit off. But nevertheless it runs great even on high settings and your destruction elements are grouse.

I agree that overall you did a fantastic job of getting the map to work on even lower end ArmA capable computers. However, as other said, definitely you could splurge on more trees...maybe not the whole island, but if you add in some densely forested areas in some large key locations, that would be amazing. Eventually an airstrip somewhere would also be cool. At any rate, overall I really like the map. It's an incredible job you did and I think we all really appreciate the effort and craftsmanship that you (and anyone who helped you) put into it.

Job well done!

So areas for improvement:

1. Trees out of road (hinders AI drivers)

2. Sky fix (if possible)

3. Denser forests at least in some areas)

4. airstrip for fixed wing aircraft

5. Jungle animal sounds

Keep up the awesome work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Guys, thank you for your interests and criticism.

I'll update this island keeping an eye on the improvement you want to see smile_o.gif

Linker Split

Btw, can someone test this island on a dedicated server, i would like to know if you have lag, and maybe desync when destroying environment wink_o.gif

Nice tropic island! smile_o.gif

Some trees and stones are not solid yet - you can go/drive through.

Sky needs some improvement - now its too bright and clear, even if you set all to overcast.

Maybe add some fishing villages bit for civilian/original inhabitants.

btw there are some underwater stone clutters in south-west will there be ship wrecks with treasures?

Nice tropic island! smile_o.gif

Some trees and stones are not solid yet - you can go/drive through.

Sky needs some improvement - now its too bright and clear, even if you set all to overcast.

Maybe add some fishing villages bit for civilian/original inhabitants.

btw there are some underwater stone clutters in south-west will there be ship wrecks with treasures?

Yes, I added those rocks and aquatic plants to create in future some ship wrecks... smile_o.gif

I've just fixed the sky, it was a really easy problem...

hmmm... strange I thought I added mass to all the trees... I know some rocks are not massed because of the Ai pathfinding ability... biggrin_o.gif

but you can't shot through them, since there's FIRE GEO...

i don't want to add some civilian villages, cause I want this island only to be used for military purposes...

I'll update it wink_o.gif

Many thanks Linker Split for this island and those beautiful features, I do enjoy these big rocks !

But ..., yes, of course even if I enjoy what's given biggrin_o.gif, I will ask about some improvements:

- LODs for the trees, because what looks like a clearing nearby with some palm trees around is wooded in fact, a mere zoom with a right click bring in the proof.

- the ground looks dark, even black in the distance despite the green grass covering.

- the same soil can't be dark with sun and white when it's foggy and raining, a lighting issue ?

- and please, bring up the reefs ! Looking at map, I was assuming there was a ring of reefs around the island but the rocks are just laid on the bottom of the sea.

Many thanks Linker Split for this island and those beautiful features, I do enjoy these big rocks !

But ..., yes, of course even if I enjoy what's given biggrin_o.gif, I will ask about some improvements:

- LODs for the trees, because what looks like a clearing nearby with some palm trees around is wooded in fact, a mere zoom with a right click bring in the proof.

- the ground looks dark, even black in the distance despite the green grass covering.

- the same soil can't be dark with sun and white when it's foggy and raining, a lighting issue ?

- and please, bring up the reefs ! Looking at map, I was assuming there was a ring of reefs around the island but the rocks are just laid on the bottom of the sea.

hi my m8, thank you for your interest in this! biggrin_o.gif

I'll surely update my island!

What i want to say is that I used the last LODS empty for trees cause if I don't do it, then trees will be loaded at great distances, and lag will be there... :8 I'm trying to find a compromise

So is it supposed to look like this?

jungle.jpg

I think it needs more trees.

I also noticed that you put an enormous amount of rocks in the water which are not visible unless you are swimming near them. Would removing those, allow for some more trees and and bushes?

So is it supposed to look like this?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g163/master_gamawa/jungle.jpg

I think it needs more trees.

I also noticed that you put an enormous amount of rocks in the water which are not visible unless you are swimming near them. Would removing those, allow for some more trees and and bushes?

Today I've added more trees... it is only a beta, so expect in the next release much more.. wink_o.gif

don't worry m8, rocks can stay in the water as long as they want tounge2.gif

Nice! Good work!

So will the sky texture appear if I download this again?

Lol nope, i'm still updating the whole island biggrin_o.gif

On my system the island looks nothing like the screens. It looks more like Africa.

The textures also seem very high-contrast and remind me of Ghost Recon 1 on the PC, which I thought looked bad.

No clouds in the sky, at all?

A paved road going to a very small base of huts?

I probably need a much better system to truly appreciate this island.

Also, the increased visibility addon for helos and planes didn't seem to work on this island. Very low visibility no matter how high I went.

On my system the island looks nothing like the screens. It looks more like Africa.

The textures also seem very high-contrast and remind me of Ghost Recon 1 on the PC, which I thought looked bad.

No clouds in the sky, at all?

A paved road going to a very small base of huts?

I probably need a much better system to truly appreciate this island.

Also, the increased visibility addon for helos and planes didn't seem to work on this island. Very low visibility no matter how high I went.

yo m8, this is strange...

I know that it's still impossible to use this island with choppers because I made the trees with the last LOD empty, to not have much lag.. I'll fix it don't worry.

for the textures.. i don't get what you mean with high contrast: can you tell me please? smile_o.gif

Sky clouds fixed for the next patch.

Paved road since it's still a beta and I'm building them