Sign in to follow this  
Linker Split

High Definition Tropic Island

Amazing thumbs-up.gif

When can we expect to be playing with this jewel?

And do you need any beta testers whistle.gifsmile_o.gif

Lol my personal beta-tester is DeanosBeano which is able to find (fortunately) all the bugs... wink_o.gif

And I'm his beta tester Lol

anyway, I'll release as soon as I can, I'm fixing some minor bugs now... wink_o.gif

If I didn't know better, I'd say there wasn't a person in the second pic. Great work with the camo, can't wait to play on this island.

Finally I found where he is in the second pic smile_o.gif He would be directly under the large dark grey rock in the foreground right?

Amazing thumbs-up.gif

When can we expect to be playing with this jewel?

And do you need any beta testers whistle.gif  smile_o.gif

Lol my personal beta-tester is DeanosBeano which is able to find (fortunately) all the bugs... wink_o.gif

And I'm his beta tester Lol

anyway, I'll release as soon as I can, I'm fixing some minor bugs now... wink_o.gif

Lucky Bastard huh.gif

I remember you gave me for beta-test the OFP version. Well I guess I should be faster next time biggrin_o.gif

Waiting for relase m8 thumbs-up.gif

This auto-camouflage is nice hitech stuff. Has it some weak points? Otherwise it could be used like a "godmod" switch.

Waiting for tropic island too smile_o.gif

This auto-camouflage is nice hitech stuff. Has it some weak points? Otherwise it could be used like a "godmod" switch.

Depends on linker's implementation...

When he imlpemented a color reassign, the numbers of camos are unlimited, relsulting in a near-to-god-mode.

When he implemented a selection one-out-of-n-textures, the camo effect is limmited to the numbers of available camos.

But tricky to identify the closest object to determine the correct camo wow_o.gif

But at all: One of the best inventions I have seen so far, Linker Split thumbs-up.gif

:edit: Btw.: Is some kind of transition included...? I always wondered about the kind of best underware when changing to another camo... multi camo underwear?? rofl.gif

Depends on linker's implementation...

When he imlpemented a color reassign, the numbers of camos are unlimited, relsulting in a near-to-god-mode.

When he implemented a selection one-out-of-n-textures, the camo effect is limmited to the numbers of available camos.

But tricky to identify the closest object to determine the correct camo wow_o.gif

But at all: One of the best inventions I have seen so far, Linker Split thumbs-up.gif

:edit: Btw.: Is some kind of transition included...? I always wondered about the kind of best underware when changing to another camo... multi camo underwear?? rofl.gif

you arose a good point there modEmMaik.

unfortunately the first mode is not possible, I'll tell you way:

the script I created basically find the nearest texture to the player, and then once found, run the camo script to add that texture to the soldier, resulting in the same camo-color of the object. So, there's no way to get the color of the objects (so a global variable) to add a color to the soldier (the near-t-god-mode)

This is limited to only my HDT island, cause I know what textures are used, I know what objects are in there, so I know how to act like God in my island biggrin_o.gif

You surprise me. wow_o.gif

I assumed that you identify an object in the surrounding / FOV and select a camo according to that information. Never would have imagined, that you access the texture of this object to be used as camo thumbs-up.gif

Any news on an updated release or work on those units?

Helo all.

First off, sorry if I disappeared from the scene during all this time, but my PC is broken, Microprocessor problem... a pin has been broken sad_o.gif

So probably I'll be out for 2 or 3 months before I'll buy a new motherboard and a new PC.

Anyway, the new Island version is stll on my broken PC, when I'll be ready, I'll release it

stay tuned

Linker Split

Ah too bad. confused_o.gif

Have a good time without the net and computers!

Ah ... why does my island look nothing like the pictures at all? All I get is an island with a tree or two every hundred meters, some rocks, and more lag than you can poke a stick at. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need addons or something? This island looks awesome bu it doesn't work.

Ah ... why does my island look nothing like the pictures at all? All I get is an island with a tree or two every hundred meters, some rocks, and more lag than you can poke a stick at. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need addons or something? This island looks awesome bu it doesn't work.

I think it's explained somewhere in this thread.

Hi LJF

I know of these problems, cause the version which is out is a sort of beta, not finished.

Now I hqve my PC broken but the version of the new Island is way better, less lag and more dense forest regions smile_o.gif

When I'll have my PC fixed, I'll continue my work with then ew version and Ill post it smile_o.gif

Now I hqve my PC broken but the version of the new Island is way better, less lag and more dense forest regions smile_o.gif

When I'll have my PC fixed, I'll continue my work with then ew version and Ill post it smile_o.gif

Good to know you are still active notworthy.gif

Cheers,

mike