Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

I am struggling to put a guy on the roof (aka sniper).

any tips?

lovely add on with great potential but i must admit i am finding it hard to implement/use.

Place the unit near the house, then select the unit. Move the mouse over the unit, press down Ctrl, click and hold the left mouse button, then move the mouse upwards (while having the left mouse button and ctrl pressed! ).

And seems like I forgotten to mention some keys  whistle.gif

The numpad has also some functionality when having objects selected. So a new manual will be in the fix too.

I have problem with waypoints - in editor those work great, but after exporting data to sqf-script (including waypoints) and using it in mission (in intro) units/groups dosent move. I have placed other units on each side in old way.

Also units disapear very easily when I try to move them to roofs and few times all objects/units have disapeared after pressing "rewind". They show in the list but they stay invicible.

Can you please send the XML and the SQF-file via mail (adress in the manual) to me, so that I can take a look at them?

About the disappearing units:

You moved them into the house. Since you can't select them any more, select him via the list, then press ALT and move the mouse. Now he will get moved outside the house.

About the "rewind" and disappearing units:

Select one unit from the list, then press ctrl + 1. Then press 1 again and you will moved towards the position of the unit.

Also export them, so I can take a look at it.

If it don't work and you can't export, please make a screen shot of the error message, then double click at the unit in the list.

Make another screen shot.

I sent the email about waypoints. I dont have the "rewind" problem material saved yet, but I will test RTEditor more and send it later if I found something.

whistle.gif

Ok, I finally checked out why they don't move.

It is simple: If you have the RTE installed and use those scripts, all units will be frozen (-> Time Control) until you press play.

Simple run this before your script: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ION_RTE_Setting_EditorMode = false

But if you run the script on a dedicated server (where the RTE shouldn't be installed) and use RTEExport.sqf, that situation won't occur. The units will directly follow their waypoints.

Great piece of work i0n0s... notworthy.gif

would there be any way to use a joystick for the camera control... whistle.gif

Thank you, that was fast. thumbs-up.gif

There seems to be a problem with groups getting in cargo of other units.

I tried to get a certain group of infantry to get in cargo of another group using several different commands.

Since I am not able to directly click on another unit via way point as this automatically opens the units options, I had to use commands for that.

{_x moveincargo h1} foreach units group Name

with this command I managed to instantly get the infantry to be on board of truck or a chopper.

But it turned out that getting them to move to a position and getting them out again seems to cause problems

1. the unit circles stay on the position where they where initiated.

2. It giving the unit a move order every member of the group first leaves the vehicle and than enters again.

3. The TL seems to remain outside, and sometimes even a copy of the TL is created.

Is there any solution for that.

My goal is to get a group in another vehicle that drives them to a certain location, where they can exit and move on on their own

Hi i0n0s, 1st of all, congratulations for the outstanding work!!

Besides some point in all this discution i´m still missing, even reading all of that at once.

I understood that this:

You can either add the above code to any objects init or create a trigger that covers all units. Set activation to "anybody" and onActivation: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_x call ION_fAddObject;} forEach thisList

...would make me edit in RTE some objetcs I placed in regular editor but it´s not working, by your explanation, that´s not to much space for doing something wrong but it´s not working for me anyway.

Another point that is not clear is, is there any copy and paste function actually working in V4? I don´t think so (or haven´t found)

I still not figured out a way to put units/create "scenes", save it to mission file, preview as player, edit , preview and save again as i was getting used in regular editor the way i belive it can be done.

Any more tips from those who alredy created an efficient "modus operandi"?

Thanx again (sorry for the bad english)

@Sonsalt:

Since synchronize is not in, because I have to rework the waypoint system for it, 'moveincargo' is the only way to get units in AI controlled vehicles.

To 1: That's the position ArmA returns when asking for the position of the unit. I should add more checks if a unit is in a vehicle and then ignore it.

To 2:  sad_o.gif I know it, and I have no clue what works wrong. The best thing is, that those waypoints will work without that break when merged into SQM.

To 3: Selected units can't get in vehicles for some reasons. Seams like there is one setPos to much.

The current best solution is to give that group there own vehicle or merge with SQM and add the synchronize there.

@Charlis [=FAB=]:

That code is from a previous revision. The current code looks like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_x call ION_RTE_fAddObject;} forEach thisList

Quote[/b] ]K: Copy the selected objects

P: Paste the selected objects

About the "modus operandi":

Just create the mission using the RTE, then click on "play" to preview how it should work. Finally "revert" and change the mission. Repeat until the mission is done. Then export it to xml-file and merge the file within a SQM.

If you run out of time in the repeat-point: Just export it and convert it to script. Open the map, run the SQF and your back to that point where you exported and can continue to work.

About the fix:

There will be a fix out, hopefully today. He fixes currently 4 bugs:

<ul>

[*]Double click won't deselect the current selection

[*]No more jumping buildings when rewinding

[*]Solution for the "friendly enemy"-limitation. You still have to place a unit of each side down if you want to use the scripts in MP.

[*]No more error: "Waypoint not found" when using cycle in waypoints.

I can thoroughly recommend using RTE in an MP environment !  The [TAO] boys had great fun creating a massive war-scape and base with RTE in a matter of minutes.  The fact that you can have many people creating content on the same server is wonderful !

Keep up the good work i0n0s !!

[TAO] Kremator

Ok, the fix is out now:

Change log:

*Double click won't unselect units any more

*No more jumping buildings when rewinding

*Solution for the "friendly enemy"-limitation. You still have to place a unit of each side down if you want to use the scripts in MP.

*No more error: "Waypoint not found" when using cycle in waypoints.

*Units shouldn't get out and then get in when moving to the next waypoint

Download:

RTEditorV4_Rev3_Fix.rar

An updated manual can be found here:

http://arma.jonasscholz.de/rte

I've added the sections "Numpad", "The Power of Alt" and "Tips and tricks". If you have additional tricks or something that should get added to the manual, just tell it and I will add it.

I'm trying to use this for making screenshots to get better unit placement, but when I enter into camera.sqs I cannot get rid of the crosshair. Pressing 'L' does not work as normal and the cinema borders are also gone.

Is there a way to remedy this?

Cinema border has got disabled: showCinemaBorder.

L seems to be a conflict with: titleText["", "Plain", 0.01];

Just use "titleFadeOut 0;" before activating the camera.

Great thanx for that i0n0s notworthy.gif One of, if not, the greatest arma mod

Just so anyone else knows, I used the command below as a radio trigger. Works a treat

player exec 'camera.sqs'; titleFadeOut 0; showCinemaBorder true

Congrats i0n0s for this excellent edition's tool, very useful, i have pleasure to place my objects in a mission in 3D, less time needed, less lag with sqf load only when needed to place my objects, i just need to find how make my sqf to place units too (but i have not ever read any tuto for that ^^)

Keep the good work smile_o.gif

Best regards wink_o.gif

If someone from arma-fr.net pass by, please contact me via mail, so that we can talk about translating the manual and the rte to french.

I'm currently not finding a contact on their side.

[Multiplayer Bug]

Deleted vehicles only remove the vehicle's crew locally.

To recreate:

1. Atleast 2 players in RTE multiplayer

2. Player X places down a vehicle (not empty)

3. Player X deletes the vehicle

The player that deleted the vehicle will see nothing, all other players will see the crew from the vehicle. Also affects their local AI, as they try to shoot at 'em, while player X sees a bunch of men shooting at nothing. After a few hours in the editor, especially when spamming it can get quite messy.

about mission, i did some sqf with rte, now i would like to lauch my mission but without load the folder of rte to avoid too many addons it is possible cuz for the moment my mission load but without my objects loaded normally by my sqf from rte, but if i use rte now it works their is a solution ?

thx in advance

@bhaz:

I know the bug, but I don't have any idea for a solution on this.

I already delete the crew (seen on player X's computer) and don't have a clue why they still exist on Y's computer. Maybe first delete the vehicle and then the crew help.gif

@joffre257:

RTE_Export.sqf

->Code sample

and stay aware that at least one unit of that side has to be placed on the map first!