Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

DOH so u did lol, i was looking at the wrong email sorry.

OK so i did the exporting correctly to the xml and the mission.sqm. Now this is what i cant get working is moving that barn and church when i reload the map, there locked RTE cant move them. Is that how its supposed to be once u placed an object on the map export it to RTE capture, there locked to that position permanently. I know u can move them by looking at the map and moving the icons but moving them again in RTE is not working when i work on the map the second time from the user missions folder.

Ok,

first I have to admit that I've had a real hard time understanding your post and may answer to different questions:

-To move the barn and the church to a different place do the following:

Remove the barn and the church from the map within the ArmA editor, save the map, then preview it. Open the RTE and move the barn and church (created by the script) to their new places. Then select them, export them and merge them again with the map.

Once you reload the map in ArmA editor, the barn and the church will be on their new place.

-Moving imported items in the ArmA editor doesn't have any effect:

This is right since they have a setPos in their init-line. Once you remove that init-line, the movement will show effect. Be aware that you will lose the height of the object.

Is there a script that will allow u to adjust the upright  position and height all at once for a building. When placing objects like a building on the map the angle of the ground seems to determine on how the building sits. Any solutions to this    huh.gif

Add "this setVectorUp [0, 1, 0];" to the init line of each building.

I'm currently looking for people who want to participate on testing and providing feedback on the next version of the RTE.

If you are active using the RTE, then you are a perfect candidate. Just contact me via the following e-mail address to get a member of the testing crew:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Player groupChat "test" + toString([3 * 3 * 11 + 2, 11^2 - 7, 2^6]) + 'rte' + toString([23*2]) + "jonasschol" + toString([11 * 11 + 1, 46, 10^2, 10^2 + 1]);

9ixv553q.png

Hint: Execute the code within ArmA wink_o.gif

haha nice idea biggrin_o.gif

Unfortunately building missions (apart from generic dynamic ones)

it out of my time scope.

One of the best projects out there by far notworthy.gif

Anyone got an idea what 291:347 M means?

Any hints on the changes and additions or you don't want to

spoil the fun just yet. smile_o.gif

291:347M is the version returned by svn_version.

Which major features will be new in this version:

<ul>

[*]Synchronisation is now completely supported.

[*]Projects can be saved within ArmA. No need to handle script files.

[*]Keys and settings can be easily customized.

But be aware that most of those features will require ArmALib.

Just got back into base building again, and found that when using the convert to script, buildings placed closely together get moved from the placed positions (looks fine when building, not when running mission with the generated sqf).

Thankfully, the merge with sqm alternative seems to not have this issue, so I didn't lose the painful alignment work (Remember to save those xml files, people!).

On another note, I can't seem to find the ION_RTE_HULK variable in the manual, do you have other undocumented goodies? smile_o.gif

Undocumented goodies?

Go find out yourself  nener.gif

I'm currently on my way to the finish line for the beta. But as soon as I hand over a test version to Spooner or kju, they break it  mad_o.gif

Ok, one less bug you will encounter and the best testing team you can thing of, but this takes some time wink_o.gif

Sounds very good, im looking forward to release.

hey HulkingUnicorn you could ask i0n0s to test the latest version I guess wink_o.gif

Good to know it'll be taken care of.

Not sure if I feel like reverse-engineering it right now, maybe if I get some inexplicable compulsion someday  tounge2.gif

Not a bad suggestion Q, but this one seems to work fine for now and I don't want to risk my compounds whistle.gif

Finally: The beta release of RTEV, the next version of the Real Time Editor.

This version requires ArmALib

Major changes:

<ul>

[*]RTEV brings support for synchronisation of waypoints and trigger.

[*]The controls and the settings from RTE can easily configured within ArmA.

[*]The current active project can be saved and restored at any time without the need of handling script files

[*]Added Bank & Pitch-Dialog (using General Barrons functions)

oqwxtplt.png

Larger

e7e46ex7.png

Larger

RTE Capture got also reworked. It now supports multiple profiles and comes with an updater.

x9sru84i.png

Larger

Download:

http://rte.jonasscholz.de/download

This version requires ArmALib

You can report bugs and request features here: http://rte.jonasscholz.de/bugs

Installation:

On the first run RTE Capture will check for the presence of RTE and will run an update to the latest version.

Your feedback will determine how the future of the RTE will look like!

very nice! I'll check it out today. The removal of alt tabbing or working in window mode will surely speed up editing.

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

3483771.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - ArmAlib

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/3483771.gif[/IMG]

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - ArmAlib

If you prefere a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">ArmedAssault.info Mirror :

DOWNLOAD - Real Time Editor (v.5beta) - [1,40 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - ArmAlib

I have trouble using the beta version. I installed both setup files into the main ArmA directory  and when using the rtecapture.exe file in the main arma directory it updates the files located in @rteeditor and starts with my desired parameters (the little box showing armaLib has been started will also pop up), but ingame an error message will appear saying "RTE CAPTURE IS REQUIRED WHEN USING THE BETA VERSION" and the rte capture.exe will stay at "Warte auf Verbindung", which means rte capture hasn't been connected to ArmA yet, I guess.

In the previous version this has been done using the interface ("Active ArmA Monitoring"), but in the beta version it should be done automatically, as I don't find any button regarding this?

If I start ArmA using my deskop shortcut (including the RTE modfolder), the option to active ArmA monitoring will pop up, but ingame the same error message will appear.(and it seems ArmALib didn't get loaded, as I won't see the info box at start then).

Edit:

You also load extended eventhandler with?

They are required to init the RTE. After init the connection will get established and the RTE should work.

Edit2:

Even without extended eventhandler it shouldn't occur.

"The current active project can be saved and restored at any time without the need of handling script files"

That means, its now possible to close the current Mission project and restart it the next day without difficult c/p commands or use thirdparty addons?