Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

I was searchin' through OFPEC trying to fix one of my own problems when I ran accross this thread, looks pretty similar to this bug. It's an OFP thread but it seems quite a few of OFP's flaws were brought accross, could be the same thing.

Yes, that one solved the problem, at least in a short try in MP wink_o.gif

But currently there is no plan to release this as a fix, so it will be included in the next revision.

Yeh I just did a quick test aswell using 1 dedicated and a client.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if !(isServer) exitWith {};

_action = _this select 0;

if (_action == 1) then {

// SPAWN 3 DUDES AND A HELI

unit1 = heliGroup createUnit ["SoldierWB", getMarkerPos "spawnPoint", [], 0, "FORM"];

unit2 = heliGroup createUnit ["SoldierWB", getMarkerPos "spawnPoint", [], 0, "FORM"];

unit3 = heliGroup createUnit ["SoldierWB", getMarkerPos "spawnPoint", [], 0, "FORM"];

unitHeli = "UH60MG" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "spawnPoint");

unit1 moveInDriver unitHeli;

unit2 moveInGunner unitHeli;

unit3 moveInCargo unitHeli

};

if (_action == 2) then {

// DELETE UNITS THEN HELI

deleteVehicle unit1;

deleteVehicle unit2;

deleteVehicle unit3;

deletevehicle unitHeli

};

if (_action == 3) then {

// DELETE HELI THEN UNITS

deleteVehicle unitHeli;

deleteVehicle unit1;

deleteVehicle unit2;

deleteVehicle unit3

};

The _action var was set by one of 3 radio commands.

Using actions 1 and 2 recreated the bug, even though the command was given to delete the three units, once the heli was deleted they just popped out of nowhere on the clients mad_o.gif, but didnt seem to exist on the server, sounds like a netcode bug? Running 1 then 3 didn't cause any problems.

Thanks to Old Bear and FABfm we have now a French translation of the RTE:

RTEditorV4_Rev3_Fix.rar

The manual and the youtube-subtitle are also translated:

http://arma.jonasscholz.de/rte

http://arma.jonasscholz.de/rte/fr

http://arma.jonasscholz.de/rte/en

http://arma.jonasscholz.de/rte/de

No other fixes included in that file.

Sadly that message was more important:

There is a bug with UPS and KRON_Strings. Both have a function named KRON_getArg, but with different parameters.

Why is that bug important for the RTE?

The RTE (and the dedicated server scripts) includes KRON_Strings. Therefore an error message will appear when using it with UPS.

To fix the problem:

-Open UPS.sqf with a text editor

-Replace every occurrence of "KRON_getArg" with "KRON_UPS_getArg".

Please note that this is only required when:

-Hosting a mission using UPS while having the RTE installed

-When using "RTE_Export.sqf" and UPS within a mission.

No need to repeat all other opinions....ah f***: excellent tool, just awesome!

Theres only one feature that i miss: using exported scripts without RTE installed. This would be good to keep missions addon-free.

I guess a good programmer could implement a function that copies a folder containing all required functions into the mission folder and adding a rte_init.sqf (with all precompile calls) which then just has to be called from the missions init.sqf to precompile the functions.

This would be very helpful to keep missions addonfree as all needed functions/scripts would be included in the mission itself.

I hope you take this into account. Keep up your genious work.

Myke out

That is why the RTE_Export.sqf is included (RTE_Export folder).

It creates all the function which are required to use the scripts without the RTE. smile_o.gif

*sigh*...head --> table. crazy_o.gif

Jep, now as you mentoined it i saw the code example in the readme. Besides in the code example it isn't written in the manual so maybe add one or two lines about this export script would be helpful.

Sorry for that.

Would it be possible to use a special key to copy all selected objects in RTE 3d-view to clipboard and paste them back into crappy BIS 2d editor?

You can, you export them and then use the merge with sqm function.

Bis 2D editor don't use the clipboard. So this way can't work.

io

Im trying to put an insurgent on the roof. I can move him up to the second floor but when I move laterally onto the roof he dies. What am I doing wrong

Which map? Which building?

It should work without his death.

tried with both avgani and sara. I can raise the guy up next to the building and slide him over correct? Also tried with rhamadi as well. he dies and I get a white circle around it.

Can you be more precise and describe it more in detail?

Because I've tried it on avghani and could move the unit through into the building and then on the roof without him dying (but crying).

Edit:

Short video on youtube while lifting a unit:

Only ctrl and the mouse were used.

If you try to move the man up more than one floor he ends up dying. What Im doing now after your video is sliding the guy inside the building then straight up. If he goes through more than one floor he dies and gets a white circle around him.

Do you have any instant messenger? Please pm me, so I can contact you.

This behaviour shouldn't happen. Any selected unit shouldn't be able to die.

If you try to move the man up more than one floor he ends up dying. What Im doing now after your video is sliding the guy inside the building then straight up. If he goes through more than one floor he dies and gets a white circle around him.

It happens sometimes, when dragging a unit through the floors or walls of a building you hear him scream in pain sometimes die.. best to drag him outside of the building into the height you want they move him inside.

It happens sometimes, when dragging a unit through the floors or walls of a building you hear him scream in pain sometimes die.. best to drag him outside of the building into the height you want they move him inside.

hI Matt

I tried that but when you move him laterally to get him over the roof they end up dying.

Do you have any instant messenger? Please pm me, so I can contact you.

This behaviour shouldn't happen. Any selected unit shouldn't be able to die.

I have aol instant messanger. Does that work.

*No selected soldiers were killed during the making of the RTE* tounge2.gif

No idea why some die.

gunterlund, AIM should work, /me = 116288877.

Hey guys, I'm a real noob when it comes to RTE, so please forgive the stupid questions. I was wondering if it's possible to work on something and then save the RTE project to come back to at a later time? I got sick in the middle of working on a big FOB and lost about 6 hours worth of work the last time. So I hope I can save my WIP's to come back to like the next day or something.

You can.

Just export the hole project, save the xml-file, then convert to sqf.

When you want to continue on your project, run the sqf script and (nearly) everything would be like before.

Be aware that "unconnected" waypoints will get dropped.

"Unconnected" means that the waypoint ain't connected (over other waypoints) with a group. Those will get lost.