Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

Hey there, I was wondering if someone can help little ol' noob me out.

Last night I was building a quick RACS base on Sahrani but it got late and I remembered what i0n0s told me. So I saved the xml project and then also saved a sqf. I executed the sqf in the init.sqf and received the following error:

RTE_error2.jpg

Can anyone help me out? I'm still learning very slowly all of this kind of stuff out (never did any of this kind of work ever just usually played a game and that was it). sad_o.gif

Can you send the xml file and the sqf script to me so that I can have a look at them? eMail can be found in the manual.

Hey there, has anyone noticed any crashes when using RTE on Schmalfelden? For the past 2 days I've been trying to build a FOB on there and when I get halfway done building the walls that form it, my screen goes black and then I get a CTD. I've worked for 6+ hours at a time on Sahrani at a time without issue at the time, but now on Schmalfelden, I'm getting constant CTD's--which piss me off because it's not like I can just click "save" like on 3de or the vanilla editor.

So after the 5th attempt working for about 3 hours trying to align the walls as flush as I could only to have a CTD when I thought "hey maybe this time I'll be able to finish the walls...." I gave up. sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

Anyone else have any similar problems?

Is it possible to bring back a map from the SQM and re-edit the map in RTE again, apparently I cant seem to figure it out if it is at all possible.

You have a XML file from which you created the SQM file. Use that file to create a SQF script and run it within ArmA.

You have a XML file from which you created the SQM file. Use that file to create a SQF script and run it within ArmA.

Thats the thing im not sure how to run it in arma i need a step by step guide on how to. I didnt think u could run a SQF file only the sqm.

Open the XML file in RTE Capture, then "Convert to script". Save the file as "sample.sqf" in your mission folder.

In your mission folder, open the init.sqf. If it doesn't exist, create one.

Write the following code into the init.sqf:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">sleep 1; //give the RTE some time to initialize

[] execVM "sample.sqf" //execute the script

That should be all.

Ok this is what ive got so far, a missions folder thats in my arma profile. Inside the missions folder i have two sqf files only, the first one is the one created from the xml file and the 2nd is the init. I didnt know how to create the INIT in arma edit so i made a copy of another one then renamed it init and then I copy/pasted the code sample u gave me into it. So from here im not sure how im supposed to start it. Oh by the way when i created this map and the XML it was done from the Edit option right beside multiplayer. Dont know if this would have any effect on it.

Select the map in ArmA editor and preview it?

Select the map in ArmA editor and preview it?

Damn i was afraid u were going to say that. I tried that once i completed ur instructions to see if that would work. I got a message saying   WARNING: Read Only File.   crazy_o.gif

This is what ArmA is telling you?

The mission folder is the folder where you saved an empty map within ArmA.

So a mission.sqm has to be present.

This is what ArmA is telling you?

The mission folder is the folder where you saved an empty map within ArmA.

So a mission.sqm has to be present.

the Warning: Read Only File came from arma when I went to load the map. Also are u supposed to get a mission.sqm when u save the sample.sqf to missions

You prolly converted the mission to .pbo format by saving it as Single Player Mission from the editor.

In order to be able to modify/use it in the editor you´ve got to save it under "User mission", this will leave the data uncompressed so you can fiddle around with it.

And if it still don't work:

Send me the XML file and the island name and I can return the mission folder.

Meanwhile:

After hours of fighting against the precompiler and the overwhelming fight with dialogs:

hdf4bs84.jpg

Some parts are still missing, but it is mostly done.

So  goodnight.gif for today

You prolly converted the mission to .pbo format by saving it as Single Player Mission from the editor.

In order to be able to modify/use it in the editor you´ve got to save it under "User mission", this will leave the data uncompressed so you can fiddle around with it.

When am i supposed to save a user missions file certainly not when im in RTE exporting the map to RTE capture for am XML file. Where the hell does a missions.sqm come into play. When do i make one

Looks great and outstanding addition i0n0s!

The mission.sqm came in play when I mentioned to "save the file as "sample.sqf" in your mission folder.".

Just send me the XML file via mail and I return the code you require.

The mission.sqm came in play when I mentioned to "save the file as "sample.sqf" in your mission folder.".

Just send me the XML file via mail and I return the code you require.

It sounds like ur saying that when i saved the the sample.sqf it should have also generated a mission.sqm . If thats the case then it didnt do any such thing all i got was the sample.sqf in the missions folder.

OH and wha u mean VIA mail u got no mail contact in ur posts.

You have to run that script within ArmA. Therefore it has to be stored from a place ArmA can reach. And a mission from the editor is the easiest way to add a script.

So open the ArmA editor, load the island from which the units where exported, save it as a custom mission. Open the ArmA (Other Profiles) in your files, under your nick in the folder mission you will found a folder which is named like the name you saved the mission. Paste the sample.sqf and init.sqf in that folder. Switch back to ArmA, load the mission in the ArmA editor, preview the map. Then open the RTE and the units will be added to the RTE and again can get modified and exported.

Edit: My mail adress can be found in the manual.

Ok well it seems i can get to the map but i just cant edit or move any of the buildings from the first save. RTE cant access the buildings, there just locked in there like the rest of the buildings on the island.

Oh by the way i did email u the files.

Forgot to mention this was all saved to user missions.

*err*

I answered that mail 2 days ago:

Quote[/b] ]Hi,

the attached files works perfekt for me.

Remember that you have 2 churches and barns on the island. On by the

mission.sqm and one created by the script. You can only modify the ones

created by the script. When they are in their new positions, you have to

export them again and merge with a SQM file. There is no direct way to

modify the position of placed objects without exporting and recreating the

map.