Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

First, you don't need to be online.

Then make sure ArmALib is running. It will have an additional loading dialogue before the disk check dialogue and the version will be 1.14.aLib.

Be aware that it won't work with the latest RC since ArmALib is not yet adjusted for it. Complain at Kegety about this.

Once you loaded ArmA with RTE, RTE Capture will show "Connected" in the status.

About RTE not showing up:

Please give a screenshot of your configuration.

Settings with ArmALib:

bfrhhl7t.jpg

Settings without ArmAlib installed:

kqgitmdi.jpg

The low-spec will slow down some actions like moving or opening the RTE. But it should work.

Don't use an earlier version. The speed should be the same but it will be incompatible with the latest RTE Capture.

Still cant get it to work....

Also noticed a problem, when the installation refers to d:\_ArmA 2\ it wont even start arma2 but when i refer to D:\_ArmA 2\ it will start. so it is case sensitive...

???

Your latest post was that it works.

Problem solved, RTE correctly installed. love the possabilities here. The screen shots you included where the missing part of the puzzle. I strongly suggest these become part of the missing manual as there appear to be many parts of this mod not covered making it difficult for noobes like me. In the end it turns out to be the Event handlers that had not been added as a mod folder. I would not have realized had I not seen it in the screen shots.

Now I have an xml file? The question now is how does that equate to something I can use in a game? The manual seems to be a little ways behind as it refers to features I don’t have in this current RTE version, like "Convert to script" option. Again im stumped by this. merge with sqm? So I navigate to the mission file I want to edit or place the items in and this will create a mission file that can be used including the work from RTE? Again precious little in the way of info on this, and I have not had the time to go through 41 pages on this thread.

thanks

Missing manual?

http://rte.jonasscholz.de/manual

Its just outdated.

The xml-file is an internal file for myself. RTE Capture can read it and create either a script or, which is better, can directly merge the content into an existing mission.sqm

Simple load the xml-file, click on sqm and select the mission where it should be merged.

Aside you're using Vista, but that's a Vista specific bug.

The problem with the manual is simple:

I don't have time to care for the manual and I'm the creator. So everything is implemented the 'easiest'/'obvious' way. I don't see the problems I create. So they won't be in the manual.

Tried RTE today finally after all these years of being in the editor.

Its cool but I got a couple of questions:

is there some way to have it so that all the controls can mimic the regular editor?

also

when i place a unit some times when i zoom in or when i move closer to him , i'll end up like real far ahead of him, only to hit M for map to find the x so i can find my guy again, its rather frustrating, and im finding it challening to use.

its cool, once i get the controls it should be faster to edit, but im used to the reg editor and find it alot faster to use for me.

understood mate, its a fantastic bit of work, a complete game changer for those wanting to customize scenarios like me who spends way to much time building and never playing. my hat off to you sire for all your efforts!

is there some way to have it so that all the controls can mimic the regular editor?

Which controls are different? The basic should be the same. And they are customizable.

when i place a unit some times when i zoom in or when i move closer to him , i'll end up like real far ahead of him[...]

Never happened to me. Minimum camera distance is 5, maximum is 300 by default.

???

Your latest post was that it works.

That was with Arma1, on Vista, With A2 on Win7 havent got it working yet...

firstly thanks for making the Real Time Editor, its a brilliant idea. However I am having a lot of problems using it. I find I keep losing my work, particularly when i use the rewind button. The following error comes up

1 (J): "ION_RTE/FUNCTIONS\\FRESTORE.SQF:6: ILLEGAL ARRAY LENGTH: 0"

Is there any way to fix this?

You need to press "Play" before you use the "Restore" button, otherwise restore will delete all objects :x

AGH....

I just started using this... thought it was fantastic.

Started making my project and saving it as i went, so I wouldn't lose any progress before I was ready to export.

I get around to exporting... doesn't work. Only a few of the items make it to the list. I try exporting them all... nothing makes it to the list.

I close my game out, and open it again because it was running slow after all I was doing.

Now every time I try to load my project, my game crashes. Hours of work, lost.

How can I recover from this?

I see all my stuff in the database... but I don't know what's causing the crash.

EDIT: Well... managed to recover most of what I accomplished by editing... painfully... the database file.

Running into new problems now. My units are being moved quite a bit away from where they originally were, ruining things... and also I can see waypoint lines after it's all merged... but they're all chopped up and broken.

also is doStop something that RTE is supposed to do? It seems to be adding it on every unit... and resulting in them not behaving properly... so I have to change it on each unit... repeatedly.

Edited by Raziaar

Can you send my your RTE.db (in %APPDATA%\RTE Capture).

This allows me to extract your objects and to reproduce the error.

For the moved away from the original position read the above posts.

The chopped waypoint lines are new to me. Can you send me that mission file too?

About the doStop: This is added on purpose. The reason is that the units doesn't return to formation, away from the position they were placed too.

But in future this should only get added to squad members and not group leader (=single persons):

http://rte.jonasscholz.de/bugs/view.php?id=150

Can you send my your RTE.db (in %APPDATA%\RTE Capture).

This allows me to extract your objects and to reproduce the error.

For the moved away from the original position read the above posts.

The chopped waypoint lines are new to me. Can you send me that mission file too?

About the doStop: This is added on purpose. The reason is that the units doesn't return to formation, away from the position they were placed too.

But in future this should only get added to squad members and not group leader (=single persons):

http://rte.jonasscholz.de/bugs/view.php?id=150

Hello. THank you for the response.

My RTE.db file in my appdata/roaming folder is completely blank. No data whatsoever in it.

I'll see if I can get back to the chopped line one. Though, I'm using it with ACE mod on the avgani map and I don't remember what other addons.

EDIT: these addons... yikes, didn't realize I had so many of them on there...

"avgani",

"ace_config_men",

"cawheeled",

"CAWheeled3_TT650",

"Datsun_armed_DBE1",

"opxmisc",

"caweapons",

"Hilux_armed_DBE1",

"dshkm_mini",

"ace_config_weapon",

"bk12_nets",

"ace_config_vehicle",

"cacharacters"

But anyway the mission file I'll be sending you works... but the lines all appear and it's... unusual to say the least. The gamelogic error, if you are able to run it... was simply because I accidentally used an acemod movable static gun rather than the other types.

This mission file uses a script in the init file to load them all in. When I merged the same information in with the sqm it didn't seem to cause all the line errors.

Since my RTE.db was empty... I'll send you the kalevi.database file within my armalib folder that does contain the information I used with my project in the RTE.

Inside there, there are two database entries... one called Tim Avgani that crashes... and one called test that worked for me, and is basically Tim Avgani with some stuff cut out from the bottom of it to shorten it and remove whatever bad or excess data there was.

EDIT: how do you want me to send this rar file to you? Until you give me another means to send it to you, I will host it on rapidshare first.

http://rapidshare.com/files/345956249/Razi_Avgani___Crashing_DB_file.RAR.html

Edited by Raziaar

Thanks for the reply i0n0s.

Is it possible to add a check so it wont restore without being played first?

I know for sure ill forget and do it again some time

Hello again.

I'm having difficulty running my addons properly within RTE.

With my normal shortcut of the game, I can see all my special addons and stuff... but launching the same shortcuts from RTE, I cannot see anything. I only see the acemod stuff... which I did change so it is not supposed to hide classes anymore. With RTE running it... it still seems to be hiding the classes with acemod for some reason.

EDIT: I'm guessing it's something wonky with how it runs with Windows 7. Either that or just a program bug. It was showing a single profile... but there were two profiles present for some reason, and it was picking my old settings rather than my new settings.

I deleted all my profiles and recreated the one I want and it works now.

Edited by Raziaar

Can one of you nice people please tell me how to remove and move triggers?? I've put a few down and seem unable to do anything about it??

Sorry for the newbie question, im still bending my head around it all,there's no doubt it is a great program to use, once you learn to use it :)

Hi,

I have a question about exporting and importing. When I build a mission and I want to export it I have the opporturnity to save it as .xml, convert it to a sqf script or merging it with a mission.sqm. For import I use the sqf variant.

My question is, can I convert existing mission.sqm to sqf or xml so I can import them in RTE?

This would be very helpful because I don't have to build everything again and I think when I can do it the one way it should work the other way round too.

Would be nice if someone has a hint or a solution for me about this.

Can you be a little more precise?

Which version are you using, RTE, RTE Capture, OA.

Are you using JayArmA2Lib?

How do you launch OA?

What mean "stopped exporting to monitor".

for me RTE wont load profiles on win7 and always hangs. also get system cannot find specified path when i run it.

downloaded and using latest version off your website. pity, cause long ago i really enjoyed using this as it is how a 3d editor should be easy and effective.