Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

@icewindo:

Try this map:

PipeTest.Intro.rar

Use the radio.

If "Connected" returns false and "Initialising Connection" brings an exception, please contact me via mail since it looks like a special error with RTE Capture on your computer.

If both trigger don't give a reaction, ArmAlib wasn't initialized.

@Raptor:

On the second image you see the "project administration" (accessible via "RTEV: Error from the script"). If you enter a name and click on save, your current placed objects will get saved. When you continue the next day open the project administration, select your saved entry and click on load.

Your project will get restored and you can continue working.

Btw:

To open the settings dialog: F10.

I'm getting a "node: "lexerstyles" not found" error.

Also, it doesn't seem to work. I added the modfolder to the RTE capture exe, via the Options -> Arma parameters window and I get the RTE editor button in ArmA, but when I click it, it says it needs RTE capture, but it's running in the background. In the status line it also says: waiting to connect.

mad_o.gif

I hate this. I thought I fixed it in the last setup, but after checking it still exists in some parts.

0.99 is out...

Those who have errors, showing that they're installation is corrupt, should uninstall and make a clean installation.

Setup.0.99.exe

For the mirrors: Thanks for the news, but I would prefere that you link to http://rte.jonasscholz.de/download instead of mirroring the file since it can change fast during beta testing wink_o.gif

IN 1.15 V and 1.14 V i have a problem when i launch from RTE CAPTURE when i chose RTE EDITOR in Single Player:

errorr10.jpg

As above:

Test the test mission and send a mail.

I'm not sure if I'm doing things correctly, but I now have RTE working ingame. I don't know how it should work.

So if I run RTE and start placing things around and then press export and I go back into the mission editor, should the new items appear in the mission editor? Or should they appear when I reload the mission? Or do I have to do anything with RTE capture first?

@Cpt-Fred Online:

Try this map:

PipeTest.Intro.rar

Use the radio.

If "Connected" returns false and "Initialising Connection" brings an exception, please contact me via mail since it looks like a special error with RTE Capture on your computer.

If both trigger don't give a reaction, ArmAlib wasn't initialized.

@MehMan:

If you want to have the objects in the mission.sqm, you have to use RTE Capture.

Take a look at the section in the manual.

If you want to work later on the project, you should save it in the project administration and don't need to export.

I will make a video "how to use the project administration" later  goodnight.gif

Where's the merge with sqm option in the new RTE capture? If I press export I can see the things placed appear in the code part, if I use save I can only save it to xml. If I click on SQM it wants to open an sqm file.

Will be fun to check this version out!

However whe i try to start ArmA i get some ArmAlib error "the ordinant 55 could not be located in the dynamic library zlib1.dll", "error while loading arma/armalib". Sorry but i never used armalib before.

I installed Armalib by executing the EXE. I got a folder in my ArmA directory called "armalib". Anything else i need to do with it except adding the @RTEditor to my commandline? Trying on beta 1.15.

Thanks for any help.

/Alex

Where's the merge with sqm option in the new RTE capture? If I press export I can see the things placed appear in the code part, if I use save I can only save it to xml. If I click on SQM it wants to open an sqm file.

xmas_o.gif

If you want to merge with a sqm file, then you need to select a sqm file. Therefore you found the correct button. Just select the matching sqm file and it will get merged automatically.

@Alex[Dev]72:

ArmALib requires a special version of the zlib-library.

But luckily it already ships with that version. Copy the 'zlib1.dll' from the ArmALib folder into your ArmA-folder, beneath ArmA.exe.

Now it will use that version and should start without problems.

Worked alright. smile_o.gif Thanks i0n0s!

EDIT: Editor working great! Just one thing i dont seem to understand. How do i "run" the SQF script that i saved as XML?

I placed some objects in the RTEditor. Have RTE CAP running in the background monitoring. I click EXPORT in RTEditor. I see the objects in the RTE CAP. I save to XML. Now i dont understand how to do the last steps. Sorry for adding more work on your shoulders. Would appreciate a pointer to how to do the last steps. Thanks a bunch! (i read your manual, wich is great, but im a total noob here).

/Alex

Example for the use of the project administration and how to save over sessions:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=332><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://www.armedassault.eu/Television/BISvideo.swf?vquality=hq&youtubeID1=lyo5Z3TGwJc&linkID1=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyo5Z3TGwJc><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://www.armedassault.eu/Television/BISvideo.swf?vquality=hq&youtubeID1=lyo5Z3TGwJc&linkID1=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyo5Z3TGwJc WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=332 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

Edit:

Open the XML in RTE Capture, then click on the SQF button.

You will get SQF code which you save into a file and run it as every script file.

this is great! really easy to use and the mod manager built in is useful.

one issue i had was getting it all running with beta patch. i think the issue relates to the paths for armalib as if i run normal arma it works fine but soon as it tries to run beta in the beta directory rte isn't an option on the init screen (unber load, save, abort, continue etc).

a suggestion i have is making waypoints and triggers visible on the 3d map. that would be very damn useful as know i have to try and remember where they are. or am i missing a trick?

About beta:

You have to copy the dsound.dll (and zlib1.dll if needed) into your beta folder to get ArmALib with 1.15.

a suggestion i have is making waypoints and triggers visible on the 3d map. ...

or am i missing a trick?

Your not missed the trick, I'm missing the models tounge2.gif

So if a model maker have some spare time (contradiction in terms wink_o.gif ), he can contact me.

Strange with previous version I could open/use RTE ingame but not capture and now with 0.99 there isnt a RTE entry huh.gif

Strange with previous version I could open/use RTE ingame but not capture and now with 0.99 there isnt a RTE entry  huh.gif

i had the same problem, it seems that you might be using beta path. ionos gave a fix which

Quote[/b] ]You have to copy the dsound.dll (and zlib1.dll if needed) into your beta folder to get ArmALib with 1.15.

this is so very intuitive to use. thanks!

Thanks to DarkSide Six I found a critical bug with project administration:

When trying to save a lot of objects, it will fail.

This is fixed in the latest version, so use the updater in RTE Capture!

For the scripter: format is limited in the string length and will truncate if the string will get larger.

Thanks to DarkSide Six I found a critical bug with project administration:

When trying to save a lot of objects, it will fail.

This is fixed in the latest version, so use the updater in RTE Capture!

For the scripter: format is limited in the string length and will truncate if the string will get larger.

i have a question. in rte top right hand corner, if you click it gives you option to save. where do the files saved here go?

To the (SQL) database provided by ArmALib.