Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

Yes yes, i'm only enquiring because he said no release this month, that was July. Now it's August so I guess I can ask biggrin_o.gif.

Yes yes, i'm only enquiring because he said no release this month, that was July. Now it's August so I guess I can ask biggrin_o.gif.

yes tounge2.gif he said that on "july 25th" better to ask that question nearer the end of the month lol.

Hmm, was there an update request?

h3pzpiea.jpg

I was working on the ammo crates. The SLA weapon and RACS ammo are already there in ArmA, RACS weapon and SLA special are custom textures (thx to wipman).

Nice or?

Currently I have to make some fixes for problems that I'm encountered while making this screenshot.

Next step will be to change the unit placement because this is currently *err* not well  whistle.gif

After that hopefully comes the export.

And then I will still have a board of requests...

<span style='font-size:7.1pt;line-height:100%'>Edit:

And shift and ctrl will work opposite to the 3DE...</span>

I'm trying to put a sniper on a roof and used this editor to do so. Now when the unit is in place I execute the capture program and press export in ArmA.

So what do I do with the *.xml file? I opened it in Notepad and see code that is kinda familiar, except I don't see how I can implement that code to my Mission.sqs file as both code formats are different and I can use a lil help.gif here.

Press the convert to script button, then you have to copy paste the converted code into a new .sqf file.

Even if the converted scrip is in *.xml format? I figured it would kinda be easy that way, except the converted code doesn't match the format code of the original ArmA code. I mean there are no <> symbols in the mission.sqs file.

Maybe I'm going about this a wrong way.

Placed object in scene using RTE, launched ArmARTECapture.exe and started monitoring, back in ArmA pressed export button with object selected, back to the ArmARTECapture pressed convert to script, pressed file save, opened *.xml in notepad... Code is not the same... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]copy paste the converted code into a new .sqf file.

Perhaps you missed this part.

Quote[/b] ]copy paste the converted code into a new .sqf file.

Perhaps you missed this part.

Ohhh... ok so... convert to script, then copy that code from the "white box underneath the Activate Monitoring button" then just paste that code in my mission.sqm file.

Sorry I'm a visual learner. Pretty pictures explains things better for me some times. wink_o.gif

when we place a soldier is it possible to be playable ?

Playable in mp don't work until they are in the sqm-file.

Playable during editing is possible but not implemented.

when we place a soldier is it possible to be playable ?

Playable in mp don't work until they are in the sqm-file.

Playable during editing is possible but not implemented.

want you add playable caracteres in next relaese ?

tounge2.gif

I think it's a good idea if we can place somethink playable wink_o.gif

If you don't want to have them dynamic created, it works.

b9fqioht.jpg

To help you, since you haven't found out the new thing on the last image:

ipnpk9hr.jpg

That's how it looks like when someone clicks "Preview" wink_o.gif

So anyone have a idea about that new feature?

"Merge in SQM"-function.

8kvoeest.jpg p24z429o.jpg p7wmjkgt.jpg

The map itself:

k2tcp8fc.jpg

Map created with 4 persons in multiplayer. It works nice, but you are limited in modifying your own objects only.

Currently I have problems killed/death units because they were exported as objects and imported as vehicles which ArmA dislikes.

Nevertheless it works biggrin_o.gif and you should be able to build missions in 3D.

And finally an east air attack squad while standing on the hotel roof:

li448les.jpg

Now, I don't get this excited on these forums often, but WOAH! HELL YEAH!

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

The possibilites with this 3d editor are awsome, I was able to create some small details that otherwise would take an hour in five minutes, simply because it was tedious positioning.

Also: gimme gimme gimme biggrin_o.gif

Hmmm, thats so great.

That means your tool and the 3DE would be complement each other. Looking foorward to your 3D mission-tool. thumbs-up.gif

Yeah i0n0s great work with the sqm parser.. yay.gif

Im not also sure if you knw about some of the waypoint bugs smile_o.gif when you place a unit and give them a waypoint and the unit dies the waypoint still excitis and when you click to delete you get an error message but it does delete. smile_o.gif

I didn't knew that bug. But killed Units are currently a problem, they don't leave their group, they don't have a group any more etc.

If you let a group join another group while they have a waypoint, the same error should occur.

Seems like I have some bugs in front of me. So, prepare for battle

pistols.gif

Overall, a very useful tool, which has progressed a long way since I last looked at it (version 3, I think).

When compiling functions, please use "compile preprocessFileLineNumbers" rather than "compile preprocessFile". Doing this will give file and line-number information in the error window when it goes wrong (i.e. full information, as shown when there is an error in execVMed sqf).

The same goes for your in-line functions. Use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

myFunction = { ... };

rather than

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

myFunction = compile " ... ";

in order to get more detailed error reports (assuming the script in which you are defining the function is preprocessFileLineNumbered, of course).

I realise that doing this will make your stuff incompatible with OFP, but I don't believe you are trying parallel development for OFP/ArmA. Ignore me if this is the case (though you could always search-and-replace the preprocess* commands). Hopefully these changes would accelerate your development and allow users, like myself, to give more meaningful bug reports.

Here is an error I got after selecting a dead man and opening the edit window (F1 mode, double-click):

} else {

_color = _civil;

};

drop ["\Ca\data\kouleSvetlo", "", "Billb>

Error position: <drop ["\Ca\data\kouleSvetlo", "", "Billb>

Error Generic error in expression

EDIT:

I found it quite difficult to select things in the editor, until I'd worked out where the "sweet-spots" where. Consider using boundingBox and modelToWorld to work out the actual space used by the models (even if it is a bit rough). You can even use intersect to tell exactly what you've clicked on, at least with infantry. I can't get intersect to work with vehicles properly though.

Since I took a look into your code, I'm using preprocessFileLineNumbers smile_o.gif

And I'm starting to dislike dead people...

About the intersect:

My tries to get this functional failed, so I will annoy you with it soon  whistle.gif

I'll save you the effort of asking me ;P Maybe look at my LOS function...

EDIT:

You aren't the only person to not realise the difference between preprocessFile and preprocessFileLineNumbers. I realised that both BIKI and OFPEC COMREF described the commands as being the same, so I updated the COMREF versions with a useful description. No wonder people were continuing to use the "obsolete" version!

New update thanks to Spooner:

josd88so.jpg

wow_o.gif you can see the unit marker when selecting a flying unit (See the shadow, it is truly a unit moved in the air).

Ok, bad joke, but I fixed that too, even it is obsolete wink_o.gif.

You no longer have to click on the ground, it is simple enough to move the mouse over the object biggrin_o.gif

Thanks to Spooner and it's LOS.

Glad I could be helpful!

Have you considered having the selected air unit have a line of particles in a line betwen it and the ground? Something like the bounding-box lines I show in my LOS demo. It would make it even more obvious how high it was (e.g. having a smaller particle every 10m and a larger one every 100m). Might even get away with not having the ground-level spinner then. Alternatively, keep the spinner on the ground and have the line going up. Not sure either suggestion would look better, but maybe worth a try to prevent spinner-overload ;P

BUG: If you create an air vehicle as "NONE", then it is on the ground, if "FLYING", then it is flying. If you create an air vehicle in position "NONE", then edit it to be "FLYING", it stays on the ground, and vica versa. If you manually set the Z-coordinate, then it doesn't automatically switch between "NONE" and "FLYING" depending on the new value. Or maybe this is intended *ponders*

The blue spinner will move up in the air too.

I may add the line to the object which is under the mouse.

About that bug:

Since I don't recreate units when you edit them, switching between Flying and not Flying don't work.

I may consider recreating the units.