Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

You can disable the map with ctrlEnable command, so it wont react to mouse commands.

Quote[/b] ]You can disable the map with ctrlEnable command, so it wont react to mouse commands.

Yeah, it would be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">((FindDisplay 12) Displayctrl 51) ctrlEnable False

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(findDisplay ION_RTE_IDD) displayCtrl ION_MAP wink_o.gif

Thanks for that. I already tried to move the map to background etc. but simply forgotten to disable the map.

So I can keep the old behaviour if I like too.

But do I like too? Or better: Do you like too?

What do you think? Which behaviour is better:

-Current behaviour

-Missioneditor behaviour

-Your idea behaviour (please post)

I'm waiting for your replies  smile_o.gif

I have some questions, is it possible to name objects that you create via the RTE?

Is it possible to set unit stances(prone, stand, ...)?

Is the RTE still required for missions created with it, or not?

Is the sqm parser still being considered?

I have some questions, is it possible to name objects that you create via the RTE?

Yes

Is it possible to set unit stances(prone, stand, ...)?

Using the init of that unit. Yes you can.

Is the RTE still required for missions created with it, or not?

You have to add a script to your mission, then it should run without RTE installed.

Is the sqm parser still being considered?

Yes

Very awsome, then I have to test this out. I do hope we will see the parser one day, it'd be like a wet dream come true. I'm very eager to test one of the 3d mission editors as creating good looking bases has always been diffcult and annoying for me, because I'm inclined to perfectionism and not being able to place an object exactly and just exactly like I want it drove me nuts and made me throw my hands in the air and leave the mission editing to other people. With this I think I might actually finish a mission or two.

One question, I don't think I spotted this in this thread, but when I place a house on some ground lets say, it doesn't align to ground, but when I move it using right click or rotate it it aligns to ground so I have this rather tall building that's tilted to the side. Any way to fix that?

ArmA automatic aligns the house.

The same happens to houses placed in the editor.

You have to set "this setVectorUp [0,0,1];" in the init.

(I hope that the code is right)

For the next release I'm playing around with setVectorUp. But it only works good if you want to have tilted objects wink_o.gif and you better set VectorUp manually if not.

I tried the setvectorup init yesterday, didn't work, but I probably screwed up something. I'll have to try again today.

Also, I love this editor! Setting up bases is just so much easier, populating towns, populating the airbase, at last! Setting up defenses etc, just so much easier!

Sounds like the Waypoint thing is going to be good.

Hmm, after further testing, it seems that the setvectorup command in the init doesn't work properly, if I set a house in the mission editor on a hill and put the "this setvectorup [0,0,1]" command in it it works, but if I use the RTE it doesn't.

I'll try naming the house to see.

[EDIT]

Nope, naming didn't help. Setvectordir next.

[EDIT2]

Nope, setvectordir does effect it, but setvectorup doesn't.

Also, is there a possibility of a copy paste action of sorts?

*sig*

I'm stupid...

It would work if (if...) I wouldn't set it to that position.

If you reposition an object it's getting realigned again.

In the current dev-version this is fixed:

tvtgrxil.jpg rcsc4s65.jpg x5cpkdvp.jpg

(Take a look at that wheel from the angle! It's finally working biggrin_o.gif )

You have to wait until this goes public  sad_o.gif

About that Copy & Paste:

Not yet.

Quote[/b] ]I'm stupid...

Far from that mate.

Looks very nice, I can wait easly, I still have lots to tinker around with. Now that I can do what I always wanted I'm out of creative ideas, but I guess if I start working I'll get things done.

Hmm, one question, when placing static weapons in towers, like for example the M2 static onto the most open viewtower, the only one that's big enough to handle it, when I move the M2 on the right height, why does it move down when I click it after that? Same with static mk.19 tripod when placed ontop of the large hesco wall. Is this just ArmA telling me that I doesn't want me to do that?

Awesome tool.

Thanks for this.

Question.

I have read through the posts and the read me and can't figure out if I am doing something wrong.

I open an existing mission I am working on (Built up a base with great pain) before this editor and now I want to put things where they really should be. BUT I can't seem to select anything that is pre-existing in the mission.

Is this normal? Or have I flubbed up the install.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Styxx

This is a bug in Rev 2.

I still haven't a good handling if objects are affected by gravity.

And I still detect static weapons as affected by gravity and I have to recover their position using getPos. But getPos don't give the height correct, so the weapon will get moved to ground.

A workaround is the undocumented variable ION_RTE_HULK.

When setting to true, RTE will "override" the gravity by forcing the objects to stay at the placed position (and height).

Export still works, you only have to make sure only to handle these objects with HULK-mode on.

@Styxx:

This is normal.

To get these objects into RTE, use a trigger to catch all objects and add the to RTE using:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_object call ION_fAddObject

Quote[/b] ]@Styxx:

This is normal.

To get these objects into RTE, use a trigger to catch all objects and add the to RTE using:

_object call ION_fAddObject

Hey, this is precisely what I came looking for. However I tried it in the editor and can't make it work, I'm probably doing something stupidly wrong, but could you tell me exactly what I have to do to get this to work?

Cheers

I've just tried it:

If you use the units init you have to use this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bla = this spawn {waitUntil {!isnil "ION_fAddObject"}; _this call ION_fAddObject;}

to make sure the function was loaded before adding the unit.

Gravity effecting soldier is a nice touch, because I often forget that dragging them through the walls still hurts them so I have to drag them over the fence and then into the tower or onto the wall structure.

Selected units are invincible. They still cry but you can drag them through fences etc.

Another quick question:

Are there any plans to make the units changable in the RTE? Currently they seem to be locked (I.e. you can't spawn a Rifleman then change him to a sniper)

Keep up the fantastic work! smile_o.gif

Ah, that's great, I was always afraid that I'm going to kill them, seeing how I managed to kill myself by dragging a house over myself biggrin_o.gif .

Are there any plans to make the units changable in the RTE? Currently they seem to be locked (I.e. you can't spawn a Rifleman then change him to a sniper)

No plans yet.

This will force to delete and recreate the unit.

Just ask me later again wink_o.gif

I've just tried it:

If you use the units init you have to use this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bla = this spawn {waitUntil {!isnil "ION_fAddObject"}; _this call ION_fAddObject;}

to make sure the function was loaded before adding the unit.

I really hate to not get this, but I don't

Could you tell me how to do the above in steps?

Would I add a trigger then add the code below to it's Init?

I am sorry for being a pain.

Thanks for your time again.

Styxx