Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

@doc1236:

The file is in the archive. You have to copy the hole ION_RTE-folder from Dta in the archive into the Dta-folder from ArmA.

@mr.g-c:

This is on my wishlist too, but at that point I'm 'afraid' of parsing the mission.sqm. But if someone has code that parses the mission.sqm, it would be really nice if he could handle that code to me wink_o.gif

If not, it will just take some time until I have created a parser smile_o.gif

Any news on a way point script.

A kingdom for some way points banghead.gifxmas_o.gif

No, still not in.

I have to add a map first, or find a good way to present waypoints in the 3D world.

hm, i do not get the saved templates back on the map ...

i know i need to place a marker on the map and write in "marker" execVM "script";

but where and is flag the name of the marker or the given i have no clue plz gimme short helping hand

thx

vt5j4t3z.jpg

You create a marker with icon: "arrow" and a name of your choice.

qwosjzbw.jpg

The direction, the marker is facing, will be the direction of the template (Objects that faced north when getting exported as template will face in this direction).

Then you write that code in a place where it will run:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"Markername" execVM "Template.sqf"

Where "Markername" will be "Templatemarker" in this example, and "Template.sqf" the file you saved the template in.

When I use the editor, it seems as though some of the UI is hanging off the edge of the screen, I might post a screenshot later. Basically it's just seems as though everything isn't showing and when I minimize certain UI elements, I can't see them at all as they move off screen. I'm running in 1280x1024 under max settings, latest version of RTE.

Only other addons are XEH, ACE island pack and HiFi sounds.

Your RealTime Editor really adds a lot to my Battle Center Mission, on our 6thSense.eu Community Server.

My mission basicly is a combination of DAC, configurable parameters, locations etc, and allows the Commander to setup the mission as he pleases, allowing him to use the RTE to add Friendly and Enemy bases, patrols, ambushes etc. etc. Kind of a dungeon master smile_o.gif

Anyway, wayPoint control is the most important feature missing at this time from the RTE. I could now create a simple waypoint system that can tell your RTE created units where to get etc, or I could wait or even help you implement the waypoints system.

I've also added functionality for CfgGroups fields:

init, text (variable name), special and rank

Please let me know if you're interested in any of that :P

And keep up the awesome work. Your editor rox smile_o.gif

@bhaz:

You have to open ArmA/Dta/ION_RTE/ION_RTE.h in a text editor.

Then uncomment //#define ION_RTE_4_3 and comment #define ION_RTE_16_10.

@sickboy:

You're welcome!

Just send me the modified code, so I can include them.

Another question I forgot; Could you please add the option for 16:9 aswell? Some ppl, like me, play on their HDTV's (1920x1080), which are 16:9 and not 16:10 like monitors :P

fCreateGroup.sqf expanded to get the above listed data:

http://pb.6thsense.eu/pb/104

When it comes to waypoint system, would you like to discuss about it at Skype (textchat preferred) for instance? And share the load? I'm not too big on Dialogs, hence the code would be more my thing smile_o.gif

You have to open ArmA/Dta/ION_RTE/ION_RTE.h in a text editor.

Then uncomment //#define ION_RTE_4_3 and comment #define ION_RTE_16_10.

Cheers, must've skipped through the readme too quickly crazy_o.gif, bad habit.

Another question I forgot; Could you please add the option for 16:9 aswell? Some ppl, like me, play on their HDTV's (1920x1080), which are 16:9 and not 16:10 like monitors :P

If you can give me the dimension from 16:9 and 5:4, I can also add them. But currently I only know 4:3 (w: 0-1, h: 0-1) and 16:10 (w: -0.1-1.1, h: 0-1).

Your RealTime Editor really adds a lot to my Battle Center Mission, on our 6thSense.eu Community Server.

My mission basicly is a combination of DAC, configurable parameters, locations etc, and allows the Commander to setup the mission as he pleases, allowing him to use the RTE to add Friendly and Enemy bases, patrols, ambushes etc. etc. Kind of a dungeon master smile_o.gif

Is this Battle Center Mission available publicly?

Is this Battle Center Mission available publicly?

Hey Thanks for your interest, but not atm.

A beta version will probably become available together with the renewed 6thSense.eu Mod, however, no release data available.

Quote[/b] ]If you can give me the dimension from 16:9 and 5:4, I can also add them. But currently I only know 4:3 (w: 0-1, h: 0-1) and 16:10 (w: -0.1-1.1, h: 0-1).
I must say I have no clue as to how to get these values. I guess by testing and evaluating different settings in the dialog configs. I'll try to have a look by the weekend smile_o.gif

(oh and the screen is 16:9 and supports 4:3 resolutions. Ill have to check for 5:4 smile_o.gif)

heh.. this is like garry's mod for arma. only that this is missing multiplayer biggrin_o.gif

Is it possible to make the Dta folder inside the @RTEditor folder?

It makes things easier to enable / disable.

Best retard NoBrainer

As I already said in Yoma's thread:

If I move the dta-folder inside @RTEditor, the path is fixed and can't get changed.

Also additional files in dta-folder don't get loaded until explicit loaded from an addon/script.

Wont start...

Says: Include File Dta\ION_RTE\ION_RTE.h not found

This is what i have:

Folders 4 (AddOns, Dta, Manual, RTECapture)

Files in folders:

AddOns (ION_RTE.pbo)

Dta (Folder: ION_RTE, Files:ION_RTE.h, false.sqf, true.sqf)

Manual (Folder: Images((26files)) , Files: Readme)

RTECapture (Folder: templates((4 Files)), Files: ArmARTECapture, InjectionLibrary.dll, RTE_Export.sqf.

Whats wrong??

PS: I removed the extendedeventhandler as i have those

in @XEH modfolder

You need to put the DTA folder in the Arma Directory Dta folder and merge them

Now it starts and works...

Thanks Matt...

EDIT: Ok how do i erase stuff i placed on the map in the

in the editor..?

I whant to erase them while im in the editor...

Never Mind...I will get the hang of it...

is there a chance to put in a option to set up markers or zones or waipoints to make groups or soldiers move around?

The chance is up to 99.999% wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you can give me the dimension from 16:9 and 5:4, I can also add them. But currently I only know 4:3 (w: 0-1, h: 0-1) and 16:10 (w: -0.1-1.1, h: 0-1).

If you want to auto detect wide screen displays and obtain their dimensions. I posted the info a while back.

Dialogs & wide screen monitors

Now I have the ability to retrieve your aspect-ratio without ArmALib biggrin_o.gif

But I stumbled over another problem: The map.

A map in ArmA has automatic a behaviour: If you click right and move, you move the map.

This is a bit of a situation because I am using the right-click for moving objects/changing groups etc.

So I'm forced to use a different control...

Does anyone has a idea what a control I can use? Right-click and moving the mousewheel is reserved. Everything else is free.

Please post every idea you have!

Otherwise I will use ArmA's map editor behaviour with click and holding to move a unit etc.