Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ArmA v1.12beta update Released!

sickboy i CURSE you smile_o.gif) lol

as i was ignoring this thread thinking someone reopened the joke one ...

Er, I don't get the patch process anymore - I thought the beta patch was so it could be tested by a large group before the final, but we're now on the third beta?

While it's good to get things as right as possible it should be accepted (it is by me anyway) that perfection is impossible.

I can live with floating bushes and AI that can't quite cross bridges all the time but I'd much rather see a final that brings the MP community back together for at least a little while - or is the final still stuck on the Linux server issue?

The only lining to this particular cloud is that most cheaters seem to have given up on the MP scene too, so at least 1.08 is now playable.

I started plaing MP when 1.11 came out and I haven't seen a cheater at all. Im assuming thats a good thing.

I don't mind the new FOV but I do think I liked the old one better.

How do i uninstall 1.11 patch? I have read where it says "Uninstall_ARMAPatch_1_11_beta.exe included in the patch archive" Now my guess is that this means its in the patch itself, but since i deleted the patch after i installed it. I now have no idear what to uninstall in the Arma folder. I have also tried getting 1.11 patch back but cannot find it anywhere.

Edited: Fixed it.

Thanks for mk19 etc. recoil fix ..finally smile_o.gif

I don't like the new FOV at all,don't understand why change it at this point,hope they bring back the old one,but I doubt icon_rolleyes.gif

you can change FOV manually in

\My documents\ArmA Other Profiles\*USER*\*USER*.ArmAProfile

parameters:

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.000000;

rather simple proportion

Hi all

You have always been able to alter your own Field Of View (FOV) even since OFP days.

WARNING IF YOUR COMPUTER EATS YOUR CAT DO NOT BLAME ME!

Make a copy of your original Userinfo.cfg or {ArmA username}.ArmAProfile before doing this!

It is there in the BIS Wiki

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....FOV.29.

If you cannot find it as Userinfo.cfg try looking for {ArmA username}.ArmAProfile

Probably in a directory like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Documents and Settings\{windows username}\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\{ArmA username}\{ArmA username}.ArmAProfile

Kind Regards walker

Er, I don't get the patch process anymore - I thought the beta patch was so it could be tested by a large group before the final, but we're now on the third beta?

While it's good to get things as right as possible it should be accepted (it is by me anyway) that perfection is impossible.

The answer to this is very simple:

unfortunately, public beta 1.11 introduced very serious new issue related to the NAT negotiation making it quite unreliable.

Due to nature of this problem the only way to confirm it is really gone in 1.12 was to release another public beta and test it real world conditions by larger user base.

i dont get the point why complain about beta hotfixing issues ? ...

i'm in fact very thankful for it being released so fast ! solved some server issues thanks

i'm in fact very thankful for it being released so fast ! solved some server issues thanks

Please don't take that the wrong way, I'm not bitching about bugs getting fixed - I'd just like us all to be playing the same version, so many people seem stuck at 1.08.

I've got the latest beta installed and personally didn't find anything wrong, it's just there isn't anyone to play against.

If the beta isn't ready for final then it isn't ready - you're right to hold on the release if it's broken something drastic, but having played OFP since it was first released the community has dealt with more difficult situations than appear to be left to fix now?

Please don't take that the wrong way, I'm not bitching about bugs getting fixed - I'd just like us all to be playing the same version, so many people seem stuck at 1.08.

I've got the latest beta installed and personally didn't find anything wrong, it's just there isn't anyone to play against.

If the beta isn't ready for final then it isn't ready - you're right to hold on the release if it's broken something drastic, but having played OFP since it was first released the community has dealt with more difficult situations than appear to be left to fix now?

ok then i fully understand Your concern smile_o.gif

i would wish sort of RC release too (i don't any final patch to hear about lol... not until ArmA 2 on my HDD smile_o.gif

j/k

I've stopped testing the beta releases since our server is a linux server which is of course stuck to 1.08! Every time a new beta is released i'm wondering why there's not a linux beta server? I think nobody would complain about it crashing because everyone would know that it's a beta thing, but at least some more guys could do some real life tests on client and server side if just a version would be available for linux.

I've stopped testing the beta releases since our server is a linux server which is of course stuck to 1.08! Every time a new beta is released i'm wondering why there's not a linux beta server? I think nobody would complain about it crashing because everyone would know that it's a beta thing, but at least some more guys could do some real life tests on client and server side if just a version would be available for linux.

On linux things never is beta.... everything on linux is stable enough to get a full release tounge2.gif

Nah, seriously, we need those 1.12 linux servers as well, the community is divided enough without this nonsens.

Daniel @ April 05 2008,11:22)]Is everyone thinking about how nice it looks and not how even further your peripheral vision has been decreased?

Yeah, my 24 inch 16:9 monitor feels much closer to a 4:3 CRT. I often play with two 19 inch monitors for peripheral vision using Kegetys's software triplehead. Even then the new FOV feels claustrophobic. wink_o.gif

I do think the reduction in perspective is good. Stand in a street in real life and observe the shift in perspective. It's no where near as extreme as in pre-1.12 ArmA.

Perhaps they should shift the position of the players view slightly back to compensate for the reduction in peripheral vision?

On the matter of FOV:

Allow me to repeat myself...

FOV IS USER CUSTOMISABLE:

Hi all

You have always been able to alter your own Field Of View (FOV) even since OFP days.

WARNING IF YOUR COMPUTER EATS YOUR CAT DO NOT BLAME ME!

Make a copy of your original Userinfo.cfg or  {ArmA username}.ArmAProfile before doing this!

It is there in the BIS Wiki

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki....FOV.29.

If you cannot find it as Userinfo.cfg try looking for {ArmA username}.ArmAProfile

Probably in a directory like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Documents and Settings\{windows username}\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\{ArmA username}\{ArmA username}.ArmAProfile

Kind Regards walker

off topic from troubleshooting but already seen a few posts here my friend PaulD has already pointed it out a few pages back.

For those who have already followed Sickboys advice and still getting problems:

Bump:

Vista Users:

Vista SP1 updated lots of things, but missed out a small update for directX9 that maybe came out too late to be included. Vista uses DirectX10 for games that support it, ArmA DOES NOT, and you may need to patch the DirectX9 that wasn't included in SP1 to run it stable again.

It's a matter of 250kb or so, but solved my troubles, from a stuttering 30-to-second BSOD, to 12 hours mission designing / testing and tabbing solid w/o 1 crash with 60 frames all maxed out, it's worth a click!

Even if you don't have vista, its always worth updating DX:

(for any version of windows, its the top link you want, you must validate though)

DirectX9

BMP-2 command menu for commander still broken.

SPR muzzle flash still missing.

...and i'm getting tired to post this in every new thread since the release version.

A10 still woefully underpowered... im pretty sure it should climb slightly better than a lead balloon. sad_o.gif

Hi,

Adapting the FOV in the player profile does have its side effects. Use of the notebook is impeded when increasing the values for FOV. This for instance restricts the player from checking the ammunition status of squad members. For that reason it is preferable when the default FOV values are restored to the previous setting for the finalised patch.

Regards,

Sander

I whanna show the game to my friends. I'm affraid the Demo ( 1.06 ) is not the best way do it. Is there a way to patch the Demo to 1.12 ? o.O

The -vm108 not being supported anymore is sad. I'm getting very sluggish performance now, or stutters evey second or so. Was not an issue with 1.11 with -vm108 enabled.

The new mouse handling system shouldn't be enforced, it should be an option. Since I'm editing and modding, I use ArmA in windowed mode mostly, and I jsut can't be bothered by having to set my Windows mouse system in a way that makes ArmA behaves better.

Our server is up and running and everybody joins without issues. Great news!

VoIP "appears" to work better, more stable etc, but haven't really checked it extensively yet. But the voice level is still far too low. A separate volume control would have been nice on this one.

Recoils seems better too, not only on the Mk19 (THX!!wink_o.gif but also on assault rifles. Didn't read anything about a change here, but it seems better at first tests anyway.

AI fired TOWs is new very fun to watch wink_o.gif They're going completely bananas in terms of trajectories spinning what seems like completely uncontrolleable towards their targets biggrin_o.gif

As for FOV's, we use a modified version of TrueView so I guess I haven't been able to see this yet. Maybe I'll try this today without my usual mods (ECS, TrueView(ish), custom markers and colors, FDF sounds).