Sign in to follow this  
hoz

1.11 beta patch troubleshooting thread.

WarWolf @ Mar. 22 2008,15:56)]Dunno if this is relevant, but an old beta patch uninstaller was bugged in that it would remove the A10.pbo from your old install IF YOU USED THE NEW UNINSTALLER TO UNINSTALL THE OLD BETA first....

I am reading the same errors here, re: A10.pbo being deleted, and I think that maybe those experiencing the problem are using the 1.11 uninstaller to remove the old 1.09 beta patch, by mistake?

Can anyone confirm this?

For the 1.09 beta I used the 1.09 beta uninstaller and A10 disappeared.

I wrote the exact procedure about it in the 'ArmA General - Arma feedback thread - based on 1.11, Positive or Negative discussions go here' thread in which Maruk asked about it:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....7;st=60

So this doesn't support your theory of using wrong uninstaller. And weird thing was that the 1.09beta uninstaller didn't even delete the beta folder! I deleted it manually to be sure that the old beta patch won't be around anymore. So I would say that the 1.09beta uninstaller certainly didn't work as it should have worked, at least for me. I doubt that it was intentional by BIS to leave the beta folder there, when the point of an uninstaller is normally to uninstall and not leave it and delete something else smile_o.gif

Was hoping that i be able to use 8GB but game only works in window mode.

When i try full screen all the menu boxes are shaded boxes background is all messed up too.. crazy_o.gif

Asus Maximus Formula \ E8400 Wolfdale 4.0GHz \ Patriot 1066 8GB \ HIS HD2900XT @850\945 \ 3xWDKS250GIG 16 MB Raid 5\ WD160gig 8MB \ Liteon163 DVD \ GCE-8400B (8MB) \ Samsung DVDRW \ Samsung 204B TFT \ PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad crossfire Edition \ XP Pro X64 Edition \ TT Armor

what do u do that requires 8gb of ram?

Was hoping that i be able to use 8GB but game only works in window mode.

When i try full screen all the menu boxes are shaded boxes background is all messed up too.. crazy_o.gif

Asus Maximus Formula \ E8400 Wolfdale 4.0GHz \ Patriot 1066 8GB \ HIS HD2900XT @850\945 \ 3xWDKS250GIG 16 MB Raid 5\ WD160gig 8MB \ Liteon163 DVD \ GCE-8400B (8MB) \ Samsung DVDRW \ Samsung 204B TFT \ PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad crossfire Edition \ XP Pro X64 Edition \ TT Armor

what do u do that requires 8gb of ram?

rstratton

Can we concentrate here on troubleshooting? Would that be possible?

You can ask such questions by PM if you really need to know. wink_o.gif

Topic: Wheres my sky?

This issue is still persistent in 1.11 beta. I was able to temporarily fix it by changing the game resolution to my native resolution (1440x900), but the next time I ran the game with that resolution it was bugged again. So it would seem that might be related to display resolution. Can anyone else confirm anything about this bug?

I presume who ever wrote the 1.09 uninstaller knows what files where accidentally removed? Could anyone please tell me what file needs to be replaced to get the Armory working again?

thanks

I know ppl are probably like, "who cares its just the armory", but I use it to test new addons and also mainly to test fps/performance when new patch etc is release. Its a useful consistent benchmark.

STICKY PLZ!

ANY SERVER WHO INSTALLS W/O BATTLEEYE MUST MANUALLY CHANGE THE CONFIG TO BATTLEYE=0 OR IT WILL NOT WORK

Fixed

Same problem here :

We can't join an MP game using 1.11. I'm talking about non-dedicated server, that is from one computer to another.

"Connexion failed"

What did you mean by "fixed" ?

I know its a beta but in future BIS should do themselves a favour and state;

Remove or uninstall all modified files, addons, AI mods, sound mods, FX mods, cheats, tricks etc etc etc before posting "it doesnt work"

Success with any modifications can never be guaranteed

There are too many mods with dodgy install techneques and too many people with no clue what they did/are doing.

Would also help if BIS provided proper shortcuts ......

@ Mar. 22 2008,14:51)]I'm experiencing strange lag/jerkiness with beta 1.11. It's like the game constantly freezes for few milliseconds once a second or so.

If I switch back to my backed-up beta 1.09 folder the problem always disappears. Never had this problem with any previous ArmA versions either.

Same here!

AMD+3000

Asus V9999(Oced) 6800

1Gig Ram

All settings on Normal

Shadows....Antialising...Antistropic Filtering = Disabled

@ Mar. 22 2008,14:51)]I'm experiencing strange lag/jerkiness with beta 1.11. It's like the game constantly freezes for few milliseconds once a second or so.

If I switch back to my backed-up beta 1.09 folder the problem always disappears. Never had this problem with any previous ArmA versions either.

Same here!

AMD+3000

Asus V9999(Oced) 6800

1Gig Ram

All settings on Normal

Shadows....Antialising...Antistropic Filtering = Disabled

I have the same problem. to the point where the game crashes.

I also have no sky confused_o.gif Tryed uninstalling the beta, all mods and custom addons. and reinstall 1.11 with no luck, Still no sky

HP ( P.O.S)

2gigs ram

6200 GS

AMD 64 3800 2.5 ghz

I am experiencing visual cracking errors and others in the LOD algorithm with 1.11b with ForceWare 169.44, a Geforce 6800GT, Athlon 64 3500 with 1 Gig of RAM.

I can clearly tell the different LOD stages on the sea and on the landscape. That goes for geometry and textures. You can also cleary see the popping between the LOD stages. Two LOD stages (the both near around the camera) share a visual cracking at their borders.

Also when re-playing the campaign, during the aux mission where you should kill the high-ranked officer in that hotel (appearance was noticed here the first time), hostiles were running through the hills, they are partially visible but no chance to kill them, as the collision geometry is still working, the visual model on the other hand is not. It's pretty hard to tell if he's watching you, or the weed in front of him at the crest. Interesting the enemy have you in sights although he's actually hiding behind a crest though.

After playing 2-3 hrs i also recognised the usual inflating 'texture error', where you see the model without textures. At some models you have texture at some you don't. Using FLUSH doesn't help, the problem remained until the game was restarted.

I'll provide a video that shows the cracking and popping later here.

The performance is notably increased on my old rig with this new patch - great work, nothing to moan about, but on the other hand it also introduced some strange visual effects and i don't know, but here, the LOD algorithm for landscape and seas doesn't work properly and seems a little broken when two LOD stages are sharing one border (starting with the hq LOD stage near the camera and adjoining ones).

Edit: Any chance to replace the vertex lighting for the landscape with per pixel? At least for ArmA2 please, since it collides visually with the lighting all the other models receive. When driving at night, turn lights on and you'll see the vertex lighting effect that interpolates brightness between vertices per triangle. You can see every freaking triangle getting brighter and darker as light is passing by. The higher the vertex ammount, the higher the visual quality. But in realtime graphics you want to save power, therefore you simulate high detail with pixels not with an vast ammount of vertices. I hate it since ArmA 1.0 to have the OFP lighting still inside. Not a problem, just a thought.

@all with no sky

could you check if you have waves on the ocean? If not it could be a wrong island config with missing wheather stuff. But I doubt that you are suffering from this.

STICKY PLZ!

ANY SERVER WHO INSTALLS W/O BATTLEEYE MUST MANUALLY CHANGE THE CONFIG TO BATTLEYE=0 OR IT WILL NOT WORK

Fixed

Same problem here :

We can't join an MP game using 1.11. I'm talking about non-dedicated server, that is from one computer to another.

"Connexion failed"

Nobody's got this problem ?

It's quite easy to test it : just create an MP game (non queen gambit) on your computer, and ask someone to join your game (he should have 1.11 too).

You'll get "Connexion failed".

Forgot to mention : I don't have queen gambit.

P.S. stop posting : "Yeah, it works" or your FPS. It's a troubleshooting thread.... wink_o.gif

I have same problem with dedicated server launching QG mod with BattlEye enabled or disabled !

On local LAN you can join the server but nobody can't join from the internet !!!

arma_server.rpt:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NAT Negotiation completed

arma.rpt:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 3)

I have a weird issue with 1.11.

I start a mission, and my FPS is low, like 10 or so. There is no texture loading or any HDD activity. Everything looks normal and the FPS stays like that. Then I alt-tab out of ArmA and back. Now the FPS has more than doubled and it is smooth again huh.gif

Sometimes alt-tabbing will end up with the FPS low again. And then alt-tabbing out and back will bring it back up to normal.

Geforce 7800GT 256MB with Forceware 169.28,

WinXP 32bit,

2GB RAM.

And can anyone recommend better drivers for 7-series Geforce graphics cards? I'm not sure the drivers I'm using are so good confused_o.gif

Nobody else experienced that or had a solution?

Anyway I solved it myself. I went back to the 94.24 drivers. They had their own problems with an earlier version of ArmA (crashing) but now they work fine.

I would still like to know if anyone found some drivers that give better performance for 7-series cards.

Here is the video. Its a DIVX running about 7 minutes. It's pretty long, and it's giving a 'more or less' slight jolt once my harddrive is accessed during some heavy loading activities, so be aware of heavy slow-mo once the city comes into view.

During the start of the video i went north from Sahrani airport to the sea. Over the sea you can see some black popping lines between two LOD stages on the mesh. Once the next stage is arrived by the bird, the 'cracking' is visible at the border between 'the next two LODs'. See the same once the bird passed Corazol, heading to the shore line.

Its a bit hard to see due to the encoding and recording quality, but when i stop in front of some boulders, the first hillside i zoom in, there is a gap visible beneath the boulders near the landscape. It's flickering white.

When i stop the bird at the end of the valley where the hotel is located in, you can also see some sort of 'cracking' that is quite visible in the center of the screen.

So on the sea the cracking is visible with a black 'line', cracking on the landscape on the other hand with a white one. Also the switching from one LOD to another is pretty visible. I do believe that i didn't have recognised both of the 'crackings' before. Neither on the sea mesh nor on the landscape mesh.

ArmA 1.11 cracking LOD(~60mb/DIVX)

Sorry for the quality but gamecam offers only low-resolution with an unregistered version.

Maybe someone got the same visual effects and is able to record it on a higher resolution.

Happy Easter folks and by the way, maybe some Easter eggs are hidden in those gaps :P

Edit: I've made some hq screens.

Gaps beneath boulders

Cracking on land

Cracking on sea #1

Cracking on sea #2

The last picture also shows a tree hovering 1-2 metres above the ground. And now imagine the same effect with hostile infantry. The UAZ from the mission with the hotel, is driving through the ground. You can just see the officers head moving half overground - looks pretty nice.

The settings seem to not allow filenames herein that hold more than one single dot. So no previews here...

I have a weird issue with 1.11.

I start a mission, and my FPS is low, like 10 or so. There is no texture loading or any HDD activity. Everything looks normal and the FPS stays like that. Then I alt-tab out of ArmA and back. Now the FPS has more than doubled and it is smooth again huh.gif

Sometimes alt-tabbing will end up with the FPS low again. And then alt-tabbing out and back will bring it back up to normal.

Geforce 7800GT 256MB with Forceware 169.28,

WinXP 32bit,

2GB RAM.

And can anyone recommend better drivers for 7-series Geforce graphics cards? I'm not sure the drivers I'm using are so good confused_o.gif

Nobody else experienced that or had a solution?

Anyway I solved it myself. I went back to the 94.24 drivers. They had their own problems with an earlier version of ArmA (crashing) but now they work fine.

I would still like to know if anyone found some drivers that give better performance for 7-series cards.

Sorry to quote myself again, but it seems I was wrong in my last post. While these older drivers may have helped performance a little, the problem is still there.

I've never experienced this before 1.11.

It's really weird. While I'm playing my frame rate will drop, then an Alt-Tab out and back in the game will bring it up again for a while.

It's nothing to do with HDD activity/texture loading, because everything looks fine and there is no HDD activity.

When the game is running smooth, it's great. But this problem is really annoying.

I used to get the extream low fps jerking with 1.08 and 1.09 until i upgraded my processor and got high fps..

When i was getting the low fps i have a AMD x2 2400 processor and a 8800 GTX.. It could just be that your processor is crappy. smile_o.gif

and for me it had just came on one day unexpectedly...

STICKY PLZ!

Fixed

Same problem here :

"Connexion failed"

Nobody's got this problem ?

It's quite easy to test it : just create an MP game (non queen gambit) on your computer, and ask someone to join your game (he should have 1.11 too).

You'll get "Connexion failed".

Forgot to mention : I don't have queen gambit.

P.S. stop posting : "Yeah, it works" or your FPS. It's a troubleshooting thread.... wink_o.gif

Well, looks like Kremator and KeyCat are experiencing the same problem...

(see here : http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....229393)

Let's hope BIS hurry for a fix sad_o.gif

There is one thing i have noticed. Running a Quad Core Extreme with 1.09 i never had any issues with textures waiting to load and being all blocky but with this patch even with 30 so fps even when with 1.09 i got around 60fps.. the textures with 1.11 are blocky when they first load, and i have an extreme computer.

smile_o.gif

Wait im a noob. i forgot to turn ECS off and its that what was causing the lagg and making me get blocky textures.. i switched ECS off and i didn't get the blocky textures no more rofl.gif

I used to get the extream low fps jerking with 1.08 and 1.09 until i upgraded my processor and got high fps..

When i was getting the low fps i have a AMD x2 2400 processor and a 8800 GTX.. It could just be that your processor is crappy. smile_o.gif

I doubt it, otherwise it wouldn't run smoothly in the first place. I don't think a processor magically runs faster after an alt-tab tounge2.gif

Never had this problem before, and right now a hardware upgrade isn't going to happen.

This problem is really irritating. Anyone else experience it?

I doubt it, otherwise it wouldn't run smoothly in the first place. I don't think a processor magically runs faster after an alt-tab tounge2.gif

Never had this problem before, and right now a hardware upgrade isn't going to happen.

This problem is really irritating. Anyone else experience it?

I wouldn't be so sure, before i ever upgraded everything was top of the world, fraps run great in making movies and all sorts then just one day for no reason i started getting 5fps with fraps and lower, then my game started jerking about and i couldn't even play all my clan members were stumped so the only choice i had after a while was to save some cash and upgrade.

@ hoot the first screenshot u posted has been like that for awhile its nothing new

Copy. I've never seen that before. But as 'cracking' just appears in 1.11 here, it is probably not neccessary to install an older driver i would say. Damn - is it only me who got this error? Anyone with a similar setup?

for sluggishness and lagging can you try "-vm108" in the startup line, maybe it helps. I'll try myself as well.