Sign in to follow this  
hoz

Arma feedback thread - based on 1.11

In case you haven't noticed this is supposed to be a patch feedback thread.

Yes and i'm giving feedback. I'm telling you that i don't see any Ctf servers running 1.11 Surley thats better then your feedback that says "no big issues" when infact there are problems. So my suggestion to you is go check it out abit more dude.

I'm pretty sure they mean issues specific to the patch.

That would be like me blaming the toaster if there were a lack of bread in the house.

Please stop hijacking threads to do your trademark lack-of-CTF-server rants. Yes we get it already.

Anyhoo, back on topic.

I don't know if this is an ArmA issue or a hardware issue but since the 505 release of ArmA I am still getting a texture that stretches across the screen. It also follows movement and if I turn around a bit it will stop. However going back to the same position it appears again.

Edit: 1.09 Beta did tone down the problem a bit as the problem would not show up so frequently as before. It's not really too big an issue as ALT - Tabbing solves the problem.

System:

Nvidia 7600GS 512MB AGP

1GB RAM

Windows XP SP2

Intel P4 2.66Ghz

I have also noticed that when I give a command to the AI to move to a certain position, some of the radio sounds are not played.

With regards to performance 1.09 seemed to do better for me. Sometime it seems that the ArmA 'world' takes a little longer to load. This might be due to the new system you have introduced (the recent post in the Dev blog) and could show that it might need a little fine tuning.

My experiences with 1.11b so far:

+ VoN works almost perfectly. Some people seem to break up occasionally but it appears to be related to their sound input volume. Perhaps lower the transmit threshold a bit. Also it would be nice if certain static noise could be filtered out, though this would be more of a "nice to have" feature.

+ FPS has increased dramatically for me. Even large view distances are playable, as well as playing in dense forests.

+ AI is better. Bridge crossing and general combat behaviour are significantly improved. Bridges in urban areas still seem to be problematic though.

- The MP connection problem is annoying and definitely a show stopper, but I'm confident it will be fixed in the final version.

As for the CTF "issues":

This has been chewed over so many times, but somehow people always seem to bring it up again. Contrary to what some might think, "I don't see any CTF servers in the list" is not useful feedback. BI doesn't have direct control over the missions people are making and hosting on their servers. Also, changing the animations to suit the CTF community is not part of the intended functions of this patch. If you check the 1.11 changelog, you will find that the few animation related changes are related to head movement, ladders and turning with launchers.

Sure, there are some animation quirks that piss me off too, but this isn't the place for ranting about them.

after 400min Evolution on the GNC server two days ago, without any crashes I must say, i love the new 1.11 patch. 1.09 or 1.08 always CTD after about 2h, but now i could play smoothly and fine without any problems at all.

great work BIS, please make this patch a final version soon, so all ppl use it. of course with some bugfixes here and there wink_o.gif

hi

any news about connection bug with NAT

we wait this fix for playing on our server with new 1.11 patch.

tell us something about

smile_o.gif

whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]+ FPS has increased dramatically for me. Even large view distances are playable, as well as playing in dense forests.

I must disagree. Even in dense forests, fps is lower than in 1.09b.

System specs: Amd athlon 3500+dualcore

Msi k9n platinum mb

geForce 7600gs top silent 512

3gigs 800mhz DDR2 and latest drivers to all.

Long story short: all was fine till 1.11 Why this fps increase wont happen in my pc?

Quote[/b] ]+ AI is better. Bridge crossing and general combat behaviour are significantly improved. Bridges in urban areas still seem to be problematic though.

I agree on this.

1.09b does a quality less action to the tree and for some bit higher performance...

If u whant more performance try lowplants that do same as 1.09 do for tree losing bit quality for some performance gain.

I really like the new performance/quality that 1.11b offers

At fist - my english is not good, so i can get misunderstood by anyone.

In the 1.09 feedback topic we named lot of bugs like the false m113 in the RACS armoured infantry group or LOD problems etc. etc.

But in the 1.11 there are all still here! I can only hope, BIS will fix it in the next patch.

I had problems with 4GB RAM and GeForce 8600 GT and ArmA. The game goes instable after few minutes (5-10) and crashes. Now the game will crashes after 10-20 minutes. Only when i play in the window, it is working. But when i playing in the window, the game is 50-70% darker then in fullscreen. So i can´t see anything in the night and night missions are unplayable for me. When i start the game in the fullscreen mode, it will works brighter but instable and crashes after 10-20 minutes.

whistle.gif

After testing the improved AI for a couple of nights I must say that I'm very pleased with the AI changes in 1.11 Beta!

Now, for the first time, it pays off staying hidden and selecting a concealed sniping position and of course apply "one shot, one kill".

No longer do the AI "magically" know your exact position after the first shot, in fact the AI can sometimes be very very wrong and confused about their perceived position of you and other times they can be pretty accurate (great variation).

Of course if they do spot you and/or you are blasting away with your weapon they will home in on you really fast (just like it should be).

Will do some more testing and compile a "personal 1.11 Beta observation list" but so far I've seen lots of great improvements.

Way to go BIS!

/KC

the rifles and MGs are NOOBish weapons now. I know this has been a complaint since 1.09. Why did you guys make it so that a guy with a PK can fire from full standing position without any kickback from the MG?

Are you hoping to attract more CS and BF2 morons to buy this game? Or anyone else for that matter, cause this game is already in the bargin bin @ staples cause it is unsellable due to the fact that anyone who wanted it bought it when it was released and anyone else who's interested in getting it now would probably find a mountain of endless complaints about anything from Hardware incompatibilities, rampant cheating, more than 75% of users never play online out of fustration, or worst of all the terrible reputation ArmA has earned do to the poor quality the game was at release as well as slower than shit patch releases that until now have yet to fix major problems.

So Please dont ruin this already barley functional game anymore for those of us who stuck with it out of a desire for semirealism and challenging gameplay for the sake of making it more idiot friendly.

Also the HE tank shells have almost the same speed and rate of fall as the sabot now. This along with the new recoil settings are absolutely RETARDED!

Hope I get what I paid for in ArmA 2 banghead.gif

I would like to thank BIS for releasing a version of ArmA (1.11) that our server host refuses to run because of the memory problems associated with it.

the rifles and MGs are NOOBish weapons now. I know this has been a complaint since 1.09. Why did you guys make it so that a guy with a PK can fire from full standing position without any kickback from the MG?

Are you hoping to attract more CS and BF2 morons to buy this game? Or anyone else for that matter, cause this game is already in the bargin bin @ staples cause it is unsellable due to the fact that anyone who wanted it bought it when it was released and anyone else who's interested in getting it now would probably find a mountain of endless complaints about anything from Hardware incompatibilities, rampant cheating, more than 75% of users never play online out of fustration, or worst of all the terrible reputation ArmA has earned do to the poor quality the game was at release as well as slower than shit patch releases that until now have yet to fix major problems.

So Please dont ruin this already barley functional game anymore for those of us who stuck with it out of a desire for semirealism and challenging gameplay for the sake of making it more idiot friendly.

Also the HE tank shells have almost the same speed and rate of fall as the sabot now. This along with the new recoil settings are absolutely RETARDED!

Hope I get what I paid for in ArmA 2 banghead.gif

I think a 48h post restriction helps you to cool down and drop the swearing and namecalling.

If you can't communicate in a civilized way then don't post here.

I would like to thank BIS for releasing a version of ArmA (1.11) that our server host refuses to run because of the memory problems associated with it.

Final 1.11 is released? Where?

Geez Frederf, it's a beta patch. If you don't want to test it then don't.

Why not detail the memory problems in the troubleshooting section? Posting worthless insults about a beta patch here isn't helping anyone.

Why not detail the memory problems in the troubleshooting section? Posting worthless insults about a beta patch here isn't helping anyone.

+10

...free speech is a dying right...

Since when does a privately owned forum have to allow free speech?

Imagine the crap this forum (and others) would be flooded with crazy_o.gif

What have the terms "NOOBish", "morons", "shit", "idiot" and "RETARDED" to do with free speech? And what you are calling this other then cursed?

This sort of language might be cool in a clan, fan forum or whatever but is not accepted and prohibited by forum rules here (which he and you accepted upon joining).

And on a sidenote, discussions about how the forum is moderated ain't allowed either.

When 90% of the community switches to it, it's not really an "option" or "for testing only." Beta or final is all semantics. BIS's final versions and beta versions have the exact same track record of bug count and stability. Resistance spent most of its glory days under "beta patch" status.

It's not an insult, it's feedback. I'm letting BIS know that server operators are refusing to run it based on its memory issues. I'm not talking about my buddy that bought server-time from a company, I'm saying the company that owns servers and rents them out for use has rejected 1.11 due to stability issues. That's a unique and useful piece of information.

Oooop... bad news...

I can execute Dedicated Server 1.11 ... crazy_o.gif

"Server Creation Failed"

No more...

The arma_server.RPT

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

=====================================================================

== C:\Util\Juegos\ArmA\ArmA\arma_server.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Tue Mar 25 01:27:09 2008

build 1.11.5244

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesBasic/DefaultDie/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\anims\characters\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Crew/

Updating base class Soldier->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/

Updating base class Soldier->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierEB/

Updating base class Soldier->CAManBase, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierGB/

Updating base class Land_Stoplight01->NonStrategic, by six_editorupdate\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Land_Stoplight02/

Updating base class House->NonStrategic, by six_editorupdate\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Land_Stoplight01/

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH60MG/

Updating base class ->UH60MG, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH60/

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_MG/

Updating base class ->Mi17_MG, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17/

No more... not explanations... nothing...

In Vista and Xp... the same error... any idea??

Thanks guys!! confused_o.gif

Hmm the AI Soldiers are better, but something is wrong with the Tanks.... I have only tested it with T72s, but they seem to magically spot me everytime I get in a radius of about 6 meters around it...

even if they are not alerted and all stations point to 12 o'clock when i am closing in from 6 o clock (prone position) they turn around very fast and kill me instantly... no satchel actions possible and sometime sneaking around etc. is impossible...

maybe some smaller line of sight and slower turningspeed for the Turrets would be helpful...

whats up with the gunners in helicopters?

they are some kind of......very dilettantic on ground targets.

they dont hit any ground targets, they allways found not the correct aim.

so you can fire the whole magazine on a groundtarget and nothing happens - the enemy soldiers sit in their tank and die only from laughing about those ne'er-do-well gunners!

as far as i see this problem accours only on ground targets, not in air-to-air combat.

it makes my a little bit confuse, because that problem is in the game since the god old ofp and i think it is get even worse in arma.

and its get worser with the new patch.

i hope the bis guys find a solution for that.

"Server Creation Failed"

Make sure you have this in your server config:

Quote[/b] ]battleye = 0;