Sign in to follow this  
franze

F/A-18E/F Super Hornet

at last a Fighter bird i can put my Ace combat skills to use in.

watch out ya fancy SLA Sukhoi's no more harrier hunting for ya biggrin_o.gif

The texture is regular but in general is good this addon for beta version.

nuevo-2-3.jpg

FirmaArmed.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I can probably help you fix #1,3 and 4 if you like. It should remove the needs for some of the scripts. If you are happy for it not to be carrier friendly I can help you with the gear too.

What carrier are you talking about ?

for me, when ever i put this empty on a map my character is half way through the floor when i spawn. same with ai and im also standing up in the cock pit with my head out through the canopy and my legs through the bottom of the plane. do you want pictures?

there is only one major bug for me

"the computer always lagged for two seconds when you ejected"

but it's not a big problem, I still get out plane in time..

This is cool, but I must ask (and hopefully not come off wrong by saying this) ...

Why is it allot of mods that are not really complete, posted and distributed under the "complete" section?

I would have expected this to be under the other section as WIP? Is beta the new complete? tounge2.gif

Still cool though ... just an observation of this and a few other "releases" of late.

smile_o.gif

Beta is the first stage of complete.

Final is the last stage.

Although a Beta is ALSO WIP, Beta is playable, unlike many WIPs.

Anyway. I'm away so i haven't had a chance to check it out, but it looks great.

Quote[/b] ]Although a Beta is ALSO WIP, Beta is playable, unlike many WIPs.

Ah, a clear defined reply ... cheers, makes perfect sense thumbs-up.gif

It flies superb its a bit arcadish but this way its much more fun. Awesome for just a beta smile_o.gif

WOW! I love this aircraft, even if it's a beta is IMO the best aircraft released so far for ArmA.

I specially like the "Arming system" where you can freely arm you aircraft by selecting what weapon do you want for each of the aircraft's pylon (of course not all pylons allow all weapons and this is also well modeled in this F/A-18). This is how all aircraft specially the original ones should have from the begining (when ArmA was first released). BIS, please look at this script while developing ArmA2. This is what ArmA2 should have and not that system were you have diferent versions of the same aircraft (any aircraft can be armed with a diferent array of weapons)!!

I also like the weapons available to choose from, which is quite a big list.

I also liked the flight model and I think that the turn rates aren't that exagerated at all, the Super Hornet seems to be able to perform such turns in reality.

The only negative thing related to this is that the Super Hornet seems to turn a bit too much while taxiing on the ground.

I have to say that I'm sorry.

A mate (who is a master in LOMAC, Facon and other simulators) show me a video of him flying. It seems that I'm the bad pilot and not the plane, so, I'm sorry.

And I like A LOT the ammo system, it hyper useful.

@Sakura-chan

Apologies for the sound, but honestly I'm not getting any problems with the gun sound? huh.gif

I've got hearing problems so it's difficult for me to perceive annoying sounds. Although I will admit the AV-8's engine sound really annoys me.

@Gibbon

Did that occur by default or after going up to speed? Sometimes the canopy will stick to the aircraft.

@Astanid

Because of the nature of the engine, the game doesn't treat landing on structure objects - i.e. buildings with flat surfaces, etc. - as actual airfields. That means if you try to land with an aircraft that has the standard gear up function, the gear will likely retract if you touch down on such a structure. Thus making you explode. It is assumed that carriers will have to be stationary structures on the water, so to make sure it's compatible we have to code the aircraft as a fixed-gear aircraft but give it a faux retraction mechanism. It's also necessary if you want to allow certain conditions to occur - in the case of the F-18, you can lose gear retraction functionality and may have to belly the aircraft in.

@stonesour767

Do you have any mods in use? That sounds like a mod conflict to me - which I could correct with custom crew animations.

@Lugiahua

Yes, I think that has to do with createvehicle.

@warpuppy

You can fold the wings in two ways:

Method one - insert this in aircraft's init field:

[this] exec "fz_f18\aws\foldwing.sqs"

Method two - insert this in aircraft's init field:

this animate ["l_wingfold",1]; this animate ["r_wingfold",1]

First method plays servo sound, second method animates without any sound.

@Q

Much obliged, I found the ST thread last night but the other resources I didn't look for. Many thanks. smile_o.gif

@mrcash2009

Any addons released in any state are supposed to go in the Complete section. Just the board rules - helps keep things organized.

@Benoist

Yes, it's very hit-and-miss. I use all aircraft in ArmA with a stick + throttle so it varies incredibly depending on your setup. I wanted to have something that felt like a real fighter jet, treacherous and complex but in the hands of a master, deadly. There's definitely a learning period on it.

@all

Thanks for the kind words & support. smile_o.gif

nice work !! but can u still leave the keyboard-settings for gears up/down on default ??

with all planes i can raise or lower the gear woth a button hit, with ur plane i have to use the action menu.

greetz

Thanks Franze + team , Waitn along time for this plane. Fly's very nice, first time i got little OFP feelin in Arma. notworthy.gif

Quote[/b] ]Because of the nature of the engine, the game doesn't treat landing on structure objects - i.e. buildings with flat surfaces, etc. - as actual airfields. That means if you try to land with an aircraft that has the standard gear up function, the gear will likely retract if you touch down on such a structure. Thus making you explode. It is assumed that carriers will have to be stationary structures on the water, so to make sure it's compatible we have to code the aircraft as a fixed-gear aircraft but give it a faux retraction mechanism.

I see you point about compability with possible future addons. but still it's not 100% clear

I can bet i saw  ported Nimitz on youtube with standart Harriers taking off... And what was ofp solution to make planes land at the carrier ?

I know other's have some issues about the plane but I have to say I like it. However there is one thing which is kind of funny, and that is getting the liferaft even when you eject over land! Other then that I am sure that there will be progress made in further versions! Keep up the good work and the dream for proper jet fighters in Arma!

i love this plane to bad i am having trouble to make it function with the Mando Airsupport Console

the plane is being created but then starts tumbling down to earth (not realy good pilots with the arma navy it seems :P )

so i wonder what is going on i whould like to see several f18s fly over and toss some bombs on the tagets smile_o.gif

any ideas are welcome

@themaster303

It won't retract the gear via a key because it has it's own gear up function. To the game, it's a fixed-landing gear aircraft, not a retracting one.

@Astanid

I'm not sure if there's any way to try it, but in FP if we tried to land a standard aircraft like a A-10 onto a carrier deck, the gear would retract while taxiing around or get stuck on touchdown. I'm not sure if this was changed for ArmA but it's a safe bet it hasn't. And there's the "gear up = damage on ground" 'feature' too.

@commiejoe

Better to have a life raft when you don't need it, than to not have a life raft when you do need it. smile_o.gif

@supergruntsb78

Sounds like the AI aren't turning on the engine and/or they need more velocity or altitude.

@davey

Glad you enjoy it, rock on! smile_o.gif

Awsome!

Keep up the good work, you did a great Job.

This Addon brings ArmA near to a Flightsimiulation, i like all these featuers and gimmicks.

Its really cool to discover, that you have to land with only the rear gear, after streaking a Su-35 in Dogfight. Not to mention the bruning right engine...

An that the Tanks damage your plane when not dropped correctly, just makes it more real and much more fun to play.

I noticed something wrong with the hud: The "level lines" in the hud do not stay parallel to the horizon...