Sign in to follow this  
ModaFlanker

March 6th Update on Patch Status

just because you and others call the game still a beta, and repeating this at every chance that comes up, doesn't mean that it is the truth.

Well maybe the forum shouldn't be littered with the word beta. Thats the only reason i see it as a beta.

just because you and others call the game still a beta, and repeating this at every chance that comes up, doesn't mean that it is the truth.

Well maybe the forum shouldn't be littered with the word beta. Thats the only reason i see it as a beta.

The forum is littered with beta because people like you go around keep talking about it and thinking its a beta.

The forum is littered with beta because people like you go around keep talking about it and thinking its a beta.

I don't recall ever starting a thread with the word beta. Maybe you should check. I have just added to threads already started by somone else, bit like this thread.

Ok, i'll agree the game is a finished product and there is no beta testing going on. Maybe i just missed somthing. I just cannot be bothered to comment further  goodnight.gif

Tonight i see 2 servers run 1.11 version of Arma...1 is linux second is win. I hope we see very soon 1.11 patch smile_o.gif

I have a problem with beta patches, simply because it splits the community in half. Alot of people don't like testing a patch untill they know its not going to screw there game up.

I also think Bis is pushing peoples patience, all this time and i'm still a beta tester for a game that i paid for? Should i really be paying for somthing that i am testing. There are some people, who's job it is to test games, but and get paid for doing it.

If someone goes out today and buys this game, that is over a year old now. How they going to feel when they realise the game is still a beta?

The game isn't a beta. The patch is. BIS is releasing beta patches to the community so that we may have access to features and fixes in advance, and then they listen to whatever dumb crap comes out of our mouths to see if there is an error report in there somewhere. To look at it another way, you are being compensated for some potential albeit unlikely useful information with the opportunity for prereleased content and features. The way I see it, what ever state the community gets tied up in is the business of the community.

beta? betta? ...ahhh, BETTER!

The next patch will make ArmA even better than before, then after it proves itself and the final bugz get ironed out we'll finally get the BEST ArmA that we can hope for.

BETA=BETTER so that FINAL can be BEST.

How is this difficult to understand?

Thanks BI

i'v dream about the release, 1 April yay.gif

I have a problem with beta patches, simply because it splits the community in half. Alot of people don't like testing a patch untill they know its not going to screw there game up.

I also think Bis is pushing peoples patience, all this time and i'm still a beta tester for a game that i paid for? Should i really be paying for somthing that i am testing. There are some people, who's job it is to test games, but and get paid for doing it.

If someone goes out today and buys this game, that is over a year old now. How they going to feel when they realise the game is still a beta?

Dudester,

Have you played GRAW1 and GRAW2 or even R6Vegas or even the NHL series from EA sports? Talk about being beta testers... and I paid more for those games than ArmA to collect dust on my shelves!

At least BIS listens and tries to fix/add features to a game TOTALLY unlike GRAW2. Go to Ghostrecon.net and see how happy those people are that 1.05 FINALLY came out and caused more problems than the previous patch.

My brother works for EA, and you should hear the things they do there...no really you should. He calls me twice a week for hours to bitch and laugh at how they do things. I keep telling him to tape their meetings or even his daily routine because it's so unbelievable sometimes. Totally "the  office" for sure  biggrin_o.gif

LOL thats why I'm glad ArmA came out when it did, I've only been around for a short time but after years of playing Nova/EA/Dice style games an there comin out with somthing new without fixing anything just tells me how there in it totally for the money where at least in our case I'd rather see another beta heck even 2or3 or 5 or how ever many it takes. I mean I [play ArmA everyday an even swap back n forth from 1.08 to my 1.09 server an the difference i see in graphics an gameplay are totally differnt. Keep up the good work BIS an TY biggrin_o.gif

Marek from Bohemia Interactive updated the Biki today with some information about the 1.11 beta patch. The Biki article includes a full change log for the upcoming patch!

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Beta_Patch_1.11

[info taken from OPEC smile_o.gif

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy Vista x64 fix and Memory fix, this is what i've been truly waiting for, thank you BIS for finally addressing and finding a fix for these problems biggrin_o.gif

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy Vista x64 fix and Memory fix, this is what i've been truly waiting for, thank you BIS for finally addressing and finding a fix for these problems biggrin_o.gif

They didn't even have to do that for Vista, since ArmA wasn't released for Vista. Excellent support to cover ArmA for many years into the future!

The memory addressing fix is INCREDIBLE. I had no idea how much work had to go into fixing this. A most excellent read at http://www.bistudio.com/develop....en.html

This was posted earlier in the thread, but am reposting the link so you can read just how awesome it was.

The update on the Biki gives me hope of giving the beta patch a good hard testing before the weekend. I've already made a small test mission to see if a small group of AI tanks can make it across a bridge west of Dolores. Currently they can't.

Thank you, BIS guys for the updated info and all the hard work that went into this upcoming patch! smile_o.gif Much appreciated.

Hope this patch brings back the CTF community, but looking back on the servers i have seen in the last 6 months for Ctf, it doesn't give me alot of hope. And I just feel that alot of coop or the single players are posting here.

I am a Ctf player just like i was in Ofp, so excuse me for been more then annoyed that the patch doesn't address things that make a good Ctf. Things like Animation/transistions. I say all this because the main servers i see now is for coop Evolution. And Its crazy considering that alot of them are empty.

Finally, well done to Bis for fixing the coop aspect of the game, but as for Ctf. Well Untill i see alot more servers for this aspect of the game, its not such a job well done, especially considering the amount of severs Ofp had for this style of gameplay.

Just out of curiosity: why do you differentiate between coop and CTF games? (I mostly play SP missions, so forgive my ignorance.)

How are animation transitions more relevant to CTF than they are for coop games (or for SP games?)

Just out of curiosity: why do you differentiate between coop and CTF games? (I mostly play SP missions, so forgive my ignorance.)

How are animation transitions more relevant to CTF than they are for coop games (or for SP games?)

(1) Why do you think there is alot of coop servers and only ever 2 or 3 Ctf servers.

(2) If you read these forms you will see endless topics about it. But for me, a Ctf requires smooth animation aswell as quick stop and start ones. Go buy a copy of Ofp and you will see what i mean smile_o.gif

The animations in Ofp where spot on for all game types. Now Bis has lost most of the Ctf community because of Arma.

I was a big fan of CTI in OFP, this is another reason why you dont see alot of cti in ArmA.

The animations and sluggy movements makes Player vs Player not fun at all. Back in ofp your skill could keep you alive where in ArmA it doesnt matter how much skill you have you cannot move quick enough away from firing.

Im sure there are some folks that remember MFCTI, I do miss meeting the enemy in Montignac smile_o.gif

They didn't even have to do that for Vista, since ArmA wasn't released for Vista. Excellent support to cover ArmA for many years into the future!

The memory addressing fix is INCREDIBLE. I had no idea how much work had to go into fixing this. A most excellent read at http://www.bistudio.com/develop....en.html

This was posted earlier in the thread, but am reposting the link so you can read just how awesome it was.

You wouldn't be say that if you had Vista x64 wink_o.gif

FIX (M4A1): now use fullauto fire mode instead burst

ahh the good 'ol autofire is back smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Not a word about the BMP-2 command menu bug and the missing SPR muzzle flash since 1.08 in the changelog. huh.gif

As the new beta patch is out I think we no longer need this thread smile_o.gif