Thunderbird

FFUR'85 (2008 edition)

Performance tips, check this link and check post by Sanctuary. Very informative.

Link

Thanks !

Exactly what I have been searching for. It works better now the frame vary from 25 to 60 (without disabling infantery feature) wink_o.gif

I have noticed that Object LOD affects also the performance

Ok i've had a bit of a play and i've noticed a few things:-

1) The T-80U model looks a bit out of place for 1985 if i'm correct it was first seen by the west in 1989. I think that the T-80BV would be more suited.

2) Where has the radar dish gone from the ZSU23-4?

3) The Mig-21 is fine for AI but for player control it is quite uncontrolable. I believe this is a VIT Mig-21 model, this was the same when it first came out. What about a model from CSLA2 or FDF?

So far that is all for now but keep up the great work. Its people like you that keep OFP alive. It is easy just to sit back and moan but you and your team have done really great so far.

Thank you for the addon. I love it!

Have a little problem, don't know where it came from

crosshair is gone in 1st person view and in 3d person, when i run or walk. In options in cadet and veteran it is enabled though.

Great Release...thx ffur and tb for your awesome work on last years. thumbs-up.gif

Great! Finally back in the Cold War wink_o.gif

However, found some "bugs"...

1.) When turned out on the PT-76 you can only see a "white wall". Guess the driver is positioned too low

2.) Resistance G3 and FAL are the old BI-Models (not really a bug, but looks out of place somehow)

3.) The RPD uses the old BI AK-Ironsight

4.) (Maybe reported before) RPK-74 only fires in Semi Auto

5.) The Steyr also uses the BI Ironsight

Anyone know where I can get the HTWL at? Cause the trees are white and boxy.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

The HTWL installer for the extra pack is located in the ffur main directory, its another install batch file that be used.

I'm about at 32\33% with the translation but I can't find the words: Bury corpse, Drag (soldier name), Take Weapon, Take secondary weapon exc...where did you insert theese words? I want make an 100% italian translation for the italians but there aren't theese words in Stringable.csv (that I'm modifing with wordpad)

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for the report of bugs and suggestions, they will all be taken into consideration in order to improve the MOD and make it more enjoyable.

Here I regrouped some of the reported bugs, if you have more to add, feel free to post'em below:

Quote[/b] ]

1.) When turned out on the PT-76 you can only see a "white wall". Guess the driver is positioned too low

2.) Resistance G3 and FAL are the old BI-Models (not really a bug, but looks out of place somehow)

3.) The RPD uses the old BI AK-Ironsight

4.) (Maybe reported before) RPK-74 only fires in Semi Auto

5.) The Steyr also uses the BI Ironsight

========================

1) The T-80U model looks a bit out of place for 1985 if i'm correct it was first seen by the west in 1989. I think that the T-80BV would be more suited.

2) Where has the radar dish gone from the ZSU23-4?

3) The Mig-21 is fine for AI but for player control it is quite uncontrolable. I believe this is a VIT Mig-21 model, this was the same when it first came out. What about a model from CSLA2 or FDF?

========================

SP Ground Attack II gets me an CTD with "Invalid crew"

sometimes its feels like shooting with HD weapons, rifle bullet impact effects is too much on larger range, fighting in aircraft show some script errors (chaff, flares maybe).

CWC Campaign:

Alert - M113 gets destroyed by RPG to soon - team doesn't have a chance to get out even if viewdistance is about standard 800m.

========================

I think the russian crews are screaming at me through the hulls of their tanks

Quote[/b] ]I'm about at 32\33% with the translation but I can't find the words: Bury corpse, Drag (soldier name), Take Weapon, Take secondary weapon exc...where did you insert theese words? I want make an 100% italian translation for the italians but there aren't theese words in Stringable.csv (that I'm modifing with wordpad)

These words have no "stringtable.csv" since they are direcly set via scripts, I'm afraid we would have to exclusively keep'em in english.

Regards

TB

Hi,

Thanks for the report of bugs and suggestions, they will all be taken into consideration in order to improve the MOD and make it more enjoyable.

Here I regrouped some of the reported bugs, if you have more to add, feel free to post'em below:

Im not sure if I posted them before - but the Glock 17 Silenced model and modelspecial are mixed up, so the slide is stuck back when loaded, and forward when empty. Also, the sights on the M3 are really fuzzy and hard to use.

Quote[/b] ]I'm about at 32\33% with the translation but I can't find the words: Bury corpse, Drag (soldier name), Take Weapon, Take secondary weapon exc...where did you insert theese words? I want make an 100% italian translation for the italians but there aren't theese words in Stringable.csv (that I'm modifing with wordpad)

These words have no "stringtable.csv" since they are direcly set via scripts, I'm afraid we would have to exclusively keep'em in english.

Regards

TB

Well, maybe I can say what write for the italian translation for translate theese words

Great Job as always Thunder,i hope that u can make this MOD for ARMA one day xmas_o.gifwink_o.gif

But i have a question,where can i find that "Suggested Extra Pack" ("Mr. Burns AEC Islands") i cant download it from that ffur.net site because the Download link is broken. can anyone give me some other link where i can get this? huh.gif

That vehicle in the last pic, is it a Chaparral?

Exactly, it's the Chaparall on a M548.

Great Job as always Thunder,i hope that u can make this MOD for ARMA one day

He joined the Project '85-Mod, so you'll see something quite similar.  wink_o.gif

HAHA found my OFPCWC & OFP:Resistnace Discs under pile&pile of cds......

Gonna try that out!

Quote[/b] ]He joined the Project '85-Mod, so you'll see something quite similar.

Not being the Leader of that MOD, I'm afraid I don't have the direct "command" to carry out a MOD like FFUR for ArmA.

But with the "agreement" of other members, I hope we will follow a quite similar way: (Model Replacements; Scripted Features; Sounds Effects).

Regards,

TB

Quote[/b] ]But i have a question,where can i find that "Suggested Extra Pack" ("Mr. Burns AEC Islands") i cant download it from that ffur.net site because the Download link is broken. can anyone give me some other link where i can get this?  

Here's the file. It's packed in .rar, installer file is inside.

Link to modern_aec030906

Hello everyone i,m new to this forum but I played ofp for a very long time and i played almost every ffur mod. However I have noticet that in this mod (ffur 85 (2008)) there is no crosshair. In every other ffur mod there was one. I dont know if this is suposed to be for more realisam, but I would like someone to tell me how to put it back. Also on russian soldiers models when you have a realy hard look on it you notice that when they hold their rifles ready to shoot their left hand ,not the one with wich they pull the triger but the one with wich tey are holding the weapon while pulling the triger, can be see trough when you look from the side on wich the soldier is shooting. Oh and i allmost forgot sorry for my gramar mistakes and a huge thanks to tb and the ffur team

There does seem to be some kind of problem with the left hand of the spetsnaz soldiers, like part of the hand is missing, but no worries not a big deal, this mod is amazing by the way, thanks FFUR team for all the hard work smile_o.gif

Great Job,

_my biggest problem with the mod is that the AI doesn`t hold fire when it is supposed to, which make some of the campaign missions impossible to play. ( like the one on Malden when black ops have to destroy tanks, the AI starts to shoot right away, then doesn`t blow up the tanks and the mission cannot be completed)

_Also the gear of the Mig-21 doesn`t retracts

_The Repair truck on the USSR side is listed as Ammo Truck.

I hope this helps.

@Zuku1

Thank u so much for that file Arbok rofl.gifwink_o.gif

----

@Thunder

That sounds Great with the "Model Replacements; Scripted Features; Sounds Effects" e.t.c

Thats good that u want to work with the Project 85 Team together because u are one of the best ofp/arma Modder here wink_o.gif

Well damn it , i can't wait for it!

b.t.w

But do what u want we need the good old ffur in ARMA someday to.

Im running this FFUR on two puters, one a 2ghz intel with a g of ram, 256 ati x1300 vid

the other 2.2 ghz AMD 1 g ram 512 mb x1300 ati vid

They both lock up after about 10 min- not playing together - when ive beeen playing this mod.

Great effects and i love the work, but id like to fix this.

2007 2.5 works great on both.

Any ideas?

Cjuraman is right the problem is on the left hand of the specnaz soldier, but i also noticed the same thing on the oficers left hand. I still could use any help whit that missing crossair by the way. I'm not trying to be boring or anything but it realy ruind the gameplay a bit for me. Ofcourse this is my subjective opinion the mod is without any question great no make that exelent but I would still like to have a crossair pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee. And by the way i'll try to help someone out (so you guy's dont say I,m just asking for help). I noticed that people have problems with their performance of the game I had those to so after asking around a bit someone told me that I shouldn't have a to big Operations Flashpoint folder (my at that time was 7.5Gb becaurse of the mods and addeons in it ) so i erased the entire folder end instaled ofp and ffur (again only one ffur) and there was no performance problems. Now I'm not saying you should do the same but at least shrink the folder size to about 3.5 Gb or less and try the ffur mod again.

Thanks for another fine piece of work. inlove.gif

I do rather miss the crosshairs, but that's nothing too bad.

One minor error I've observed is that the AK-74 rounds are said to be '5.54mm', but it's no big deal LOL.

Awesome stuff notworthy.gif

pistols.gif