Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

Hi, they could improve a bit the Fatjoe's textures, or the models...

they could also improve the AWP... that gives a error message when

you aim tru the scope... everything can be improved; even a 1973

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. Let's C ya

they were totally remade and had new texture done for VBS2 by Chris/Pathy - they've come a country mile in terms of improvements.

they were totally remade and had new texture done for VBS2 by Chris/Pathy - they've come a country mile in terms of improvements.

..you’re talking past tense here.

Do you mean they are ready for or have already been released for ArmA?? huh.gif

Of course I'm talking past tense, they were remade for the VBS2 module (we couldn't sell Jonno and FatJoe's work of course) which we delivered last year.

wink_o.gif

Doesn't mean that they're ready, however, there are more weapons in the weapon pack other than the L85s

You can see some screenshots of what I assume are the new rifles (WIP, I expect) on the VOLCBAT website, here.

Example screen one, and two

Yup, think thats the first build of them being put through their paces.

aye, the usual annoyances with a bullpup weapon in OFP/ArmA - also the old SUSAT clipping in the face in some situations (although I suspect that may have been fixed by Chris on these, can't quite recall)

Hi, so those "new" ones are ready for download already, Messiah?. Let's C ya

Hi, so those "new" ones are ready for download already, Messiah?. Let's C ya
Yup, think thats the first build of them being put through their paces.

Still WIP as the quote says, or at least the release will contain other rifles (which may not be ready), too.

Edited by SaBrE_UK

New forum!

Sorry, just renewing my subscription to the thread!

Not gonna miss these new guns or the Mastiff or the tank.

Did you scrap the LRs for the Jackals or have i missed the LRs too?

UKF halts addon releases.

whilst people are happy to use our work, they are equally happy to rip it apart without seeking permission.

I don't blame them if what they said is true (which I have no doubt it is). Hope the situation becomes better in the future.

Hi Sabre, thanks for the kind words on our site. I was meaning to get around to a post here, which would have been to say, please check out the announcement on our site, and feel free to discuss it over there.

We're not able to discuss the issue here, (part of the reason for our decision), however, so if people could avoid any controversy in this thread, we'd appreciate it.

Too bad.

Yet IMO BI also expressed that they are in favor of sharing community work;

according to their license and release of almost all of the A1 models.

So it is about accepting people's copyright and rules, and not about closed

source and restricting access.

In general it is again and again interesting to see why artists make that much

more of an issue with a few people abusing and breaking permissions compared

to other parts of the modding scene. People do stupid things. Nothing new.

Very large degree of people agree and confirm with the said requirements,

and community regulates it very well.

Anyway all the best with your endeavors.

In general it is again and again interesting to see why artists make that much more of an issue with a few people abusing and breaking permissions compared to other parts of the modding scene. People do stupid things. Nothing new.

I have sent my thoughts to PUKF regarding this matter in private, but I do feel that I need to rectify this:

It is not just a few people experiencing this feeling, and it is not just a few people taking content without obtaining permission whether the content is from another game, or an OFP/ArmA mod.

I myself have had to tell at least 2 dozen people or groups not to use our content since the release of ArmA, and that was Invasion 1944's OFP content not in any way bound to the MLOD model EULA. Some stopped doing it, others just kept using it until I complained to site admins. It's not just always out of ignorance. Some people even taunt(ed) me when I confront(ed) them with it.

Edited by JdB

Did you ever ask yourself why this happens?

Society teaches people to behave this way.

Do a fault once, fair if you stop. Do it twice and you are in big trouble.

If you believe, you can fight developments in society by leave the scene, all the best to you.

Edited by kju

Guest RKSL-Rock
Too bad.

So it is about accepting people's copyright and rules, and not about closed

source and restricting access.

Can you point me at the BIS statement that says its ok to ignore a person's IP?

In general it is again and again interesting to see why artists make that much

more of an issue with a few people abusing and breaking permissions compared

to other parts of the modding scene. People do stupid things. Nothing new.

Because if you don't make a stand more people just rip off your work. If one person gets away with it others will try to as well.

I think its disgusting that the majority are now being deprived of UK addons because of s small group of selfish ignorant idiots. I can tell you RKSL are also in the same situation. We may well have take the same steps as PUKF to protect our IP. I'm waiting to hear back from various sources before our team makes a final decision.

I have to strongly disagree. I'd say that's a very naive point of view. The minority in this community respects readme's and IP. And the vast majority don't care where the addon comes from they just want it and they will do anything to get it. And on some forums its just gets swept away under the rug and ignored. There is no comeback, and the abusers just goto another forum and continue unaffected.

We all know there is an illicit trade in other people's addons. Pretty much every team suffers from leaks. I know ACE does, prior to release I was offered the Beta build by at least 10 separate people. How do you stop it? Well someone has to be the first to say "No more". Its this issue that has already driven away a huge number of modders and it will continue to do so until we as a community stand up to it.

While I am gutted UKF wont be publically releasing anything any more, I understand and respect the reasons. I just wish the people responsible would have the guts and the decency to own up and apologise. But I suspect there will be a cold day in hell before that happens.

Edited by RKSL-Rock
Typos

A shame, really, that it came to this. But as an addonmaker, I understand this decision. I just wish you the best of luck with your future work guys.

That sucks that you're going to punish everyone because of the actions of a few. What made you think "I know, since a few people treated our addons in a way we didn't want we will punish everyone." I just can't imagine any reasonable person coming to that conclusion. Leaks happen and people are going to do whatever they want with addons. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do about. It's just like game or movie piracy, it will never stop. I'm not saying it's right, but it will never go away.

Personally I think this is pretty ridiculous outcome but I gotta respect the decision. Good job to the a#$holes that made PUKF come to this decision, way to piss these guys off. It's a damn shame people can't grow up and stop claiming work as their own.

Now can we get this thread closed if the work won't be released? I'd rather not see this thread and keep getting angry because a bunch of thieves.

Can I ask again that we have this discussion on the UKF forums if you wish to have it, we're happy to answer all your comments, but we've no wish to start drama on these forums.

Monty, it's more a case of toughing it out for years and finally getting tired of constantly having to battle for motivation because of regular instances on stupidity. In a way you touched on it yourself - it'll never go away. So after awhile it wears you down. Addon thievery may never go away, but eventually the addon makers will.

Anyway.

www.pukf.net

Edited by Pathy

First point of BIS's policy towards addon distribution reads as follows:

You must have permission to use something

As far as we're concerned, every person who uses something belonging to someone else, must have permission to use it for Flashpoint (if they use it in Flashpoint) and they must have permission to use it in ArmA (if they use it in ArmA). It's not correct to assume that because someone made something available for people to use in Flashpoint that you can use it in ArmA, express permission must be sought with the addon maker.

This policy endorses the sharing of community made content as you've correctly observed, however it contains the sole provision that people ask before modifying the work of others. This is the sole issue we've been pursuing.

If you feel this policy restricts the level of sharing in the community, it's not our fault. We're only adhering to an accepted policy laid out over many years by our peers which has been formalised by Placebo. We don't think it takes much effort simply to ask if it's alright for them to modify something we've done, and BIS's policy states exactly the same thing.

We do allow people to modify our work when they ask us. However, instances where this has actually happened are far fewer than those where we have discovered that individuals have done so without asking first.

This has indicated to us that those in the community who do modify other people's work, generally don't accept BIS's policy towards addon makers. Like John said, this isn't our experience alone, we've seen it happen to many addon makers.

We honestly believe that the majority of people in the community agree with BIS's policy, but the majority of the community don't modify addons, so BIS's policy does not require their cooperation.

Edited by da12thMonkey