Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

Project: UK Forces

Such a shame that the actions of some thieving bastards have ruined the potential releases of what would have been great addons from a group of pedigree addon makers. Sorry to see you go PUKF.

To the moderators, you need to sort this problem out, and show where you stand with regards to the matter!

And a message to those bastards that have caused this problem, F@#K off out of the community, we don't want you here...............:mad:

I would go over to the PUKF forums and discuss it but I'm not really that keen on registering for a forum that I will probably not need to use again after a few comments. Seems a bit pointless to join just to discuss content I won't see.

This is all a damn shame, I'm gonna miss the prospect of some damn good UK stuff.

To the moderators, you need to sort this problem out, and show where you stand with regards to the matter!

Our forum rules, which everyone should be able to see if he's not completely blind, are very clear on this.

There is also a report to moderator button everyone can use.

@PUKF

A true shame but maybe the only real solution to prevent more people stealing your hard work and rip it apart for their needs. :mad:

so to put this in perspective am i right in saying that.

something happened between you and 3lions of the rm clan ,that led to your "amusing" speedo on your latest release.

3lionswat.jpg

and then he seemingly returned the compliment by putting your old ofp lannies in a video .

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=67467&page=2

and because of this people are now to believe the whole community are a bunch of theiving bastards and not worthy of your addons ?

I`ll tell you what, get out of your pram ,pick up your dummies and carry on, there is nothing to be benefitted from this desicion you have made, I for one know that your team have done worse than shown someone elses material in a video , some media you have released goes way beyond that.

People in glass houses should not throw stones. whilst i respect IP and your right to stop people using it. i do not respect the fact you have painted yourselves whiter than white and tried to Paint the whole community almost as direspectful.

Grow up and make addons or go exclusive but either way dont tarnish this community just because your fun and games have finally backfired.

Damn it, one of the elite addon makers surrender to those damn terrorists. :aa: These are really high quality addons, and I was really looking forward to any future releases. :mad:

I hope you change your minds soon.

IP can only be respected by the users of the mod and I've seen that this community gives the original creators of a mod the real praise they deserve when that group genuinely trust the community enough to release their work.

On the other hand there is no point of doing something that you no longer enjoy doing.

Yet the fact remains, for every mod that takes this sort of path, that they take the word (an apology) of a few more seriously than the praises of this community. Maybe this what they really deserve, an apology & 0 downloads.

Hi Oneoff.

Well, thats one inflamatory post! To try and provide a reasonable answer:

Yes, there is a past between us, this was years ago and in no way affects the need to ask for permission, which applies to everyone who wishes to modify our addons.

As I'd hoped we'd made clear, our action isn't the result of one particular squad or incident, it's been building up for years. Yes, the warriors were ONE of the incidents of the last few weeks to shatter our faith and motivation. The other involved an addons leak that took someone two months to think "this is wrong" and tell us about it. There have been many more incidents in the past, and no doubt if we were to continue, many more incidents to come.

I know some of you think us selfish. After all, what can be more selfish than refusing to release work that we've spent our own good time making for scant reward? We apologise if anyone thinks we're painting the entire community with the same brush. It's not that at all. Its a matter of motivation, and after awhile, I can tell you, you get sick and fed up of having to deal with these kind of things.

I'm perplexed as to what you mean about how we've done far worse in media we've released, however. Please either clarify, or refrain from making vague accusations in order to legitimize what essentially is a flame post. We're not whiter than white, but I don't believe you've any ground to accuse us of double standards on the matter of addons permissions.

Edited by Pathy

I am under the impression that some people believe that the addonmakers that put many hours of unpaid labor into something they love should be thankful to the community regardless of how (some parts of) that community treats them rather than the other way around :391:

Downloading and playing someone's creations for free is a privilege, not a right.

Another solution: release your addons when ready/done. Lets see how those rip-idiots are going to fear your standards. Dont let them think they are clever and that nobody will notice the fraud. ;)

Downloading and playing someone's creations for free is a privilege, not a right.

I agree completely with this, and I think most people often forget they are giving the addon makers NOTHING in return for the stuff they receive. I always find it funny and sad when addons are released and people just start asking left and right for a new version of this, or a different variation of that, instead of thanking the person for the hard work they put into the addon and enjoying what they get for free.

Edited by ardvarkdb

It is not this community or some part of this who screwed you....it is some guys from your own group who have nothing to do with this community.

It is your decision to release your work or not and you cannot expect all the community to feel indebted to you/your-team just because you decided to share your work with them. Eventually, members of the community will pay their respect to the creators just like they do to all the other brilliant mods but not when you demand it.

Eventually, members of the community will pay their respect to the creators just like they do to all the other brilliant mods but not when you demand it.

Then again they are not asking to be praised, and neither is any other serious addon/modmaker. They are merely asking for their rights as the creators of the addons/mods to be recognized and respected, and even that appears too much to ask for.

Being an addon/modmaker is an ungrateful task. You get hunted down for a release date, either you release it asap and get flamed for the addon/mod not being perfect, or you wait until you are happy with it, with months of whining about release dates laying ahead. And that's just one example of what regularly happens to established mods.

Addon/modmakers are not here to please anyone, they make addons/mods because they like creating something. People should be positive towards anything that is released, for without those real addon/modmakers, nothing would be released except for rips from other games and mods (not that most people can be bothered were content comes from). Without them, they would have nothing to play with besides stock ArmA.

Edited by JdB

The only answer the community can give to copy-cats is "not using their work" and "not allowing their work on their public servers".

One line with your release would have been enough for us to disregard any copies, unofficial releases etc..

Something like "Please do not download or use other illegal & poor copies of UKF which are not upto our standards. Official UKF mod will be announced, released & updated thru this page only"

endof..

PS...every addon maker wants to get praised. This is part of why they release their work. ;)

It is not this community or some part of this who screwed you....it is some guys from your own group who have nothing to do with this community.

It is your decision to release your work or not and you cannot expect all the community to feel indebted to you/your-team just because you decided to share your work with them. Eventually, members of the community will pay their respect to the creators just like they do to all the other brilliant mods but not when you demand it.

We're not out to 'punish' the community. If I could pass the addons out to those who'd been respectful, and abided by simple eithics/morals, then I would. I'd be the Santa Claus, should you wish, of addon makers, with my list of those who'd been naughty or nice. We're simply fed up, and can't be doing with the same old shenanigans. We felt obliged to inform the community, rather than going silent for no reason.

I'm not sure if the latter is directed at ourselves or at John. Yes one of our addons was leaked by a former tester, but the team(s) it was leaked to were more than happy to accept them, no questions asked. Its as Rock posted earlier, a growing minority of people want addons here and now, and have no qualms about where they came from, or how it effects those who have to watch their work get stolen. Lest we forget that some of us also make somewhat of a living off these models, and if we aren't seen to be protecting our IP, it counts for nothing.

Then again they are not asking to be praised, and neither is any other serious addon/modmaker. They are merely asking for their rights as the creators of the addons/mods to be recognized and respected, and even that appears too much to ask for.

Being an addon/modmaker is an ungrateful task. You get hunted down for a release date, either you release it asap and get flamed for the addon/mod not being perfect, or you wait until you are happy with it, with months of whining about release dates laying ahead. And that's just one example of what regularly happens to established mods.

Addon/modmakers are not here to please anyone, they make addons/mods because they like creating something. People should be positive towards anything that is released, for without those real addon/modmakers, nothing would be released except for rips from other games and mods (not that most people can be bothered were content comes from). Without them, they would have nothing to play with besides stock ArmA.

Which is a damn shame. Ultimately, what you AddOns/Mod makers do for us is an act of charity. It really gets me angry that people can't respect all the hard work and time you guys put into your content and instead steal or leak WIP's. Content creators are the reason I still play ArmA and why I stuck with OFP from the demo to the release of ArmA.

Bottomline: OFP and ArmA would've faded into the horizon long ago if it wasn't for the Mod teams and the individuals who make all the content. It's too bad a small few individuals can't respect the wishes of those who make the content.

Regardless of one's feeling for what P:UKF has announced, no malice needs to be directed towards them. This wasn't a decision they made on their own, it was brought upon them by those individuals who decided to act unethically. They need to carry the blame, not P:UKF.

Once more, and I can't overstate this enough....

This is truly a damn shame. It's a sad day in ArmAland.:k::391:

The only answer the community can give to copy-cats is "not using their work" and "not allowing their work on their public servers".

It's good to know that you think this way, but sadly many of the regular players don't care what mod or game the stuff they play with was ripped from, or the feelings of the people that did the actual work.

I can fully understand if people are angry and frustrated with us. It's upsetting to read some of the things they say about us, but yeah, I can understand it, i'd be pissed too if I felt I was being punished for someone elses thoughtless actions.

Edited by Pathy

....but sadly many of the regular players don't care what mod or game the stuff they play with was ripped from, or the feelings of the people that did the actual work.

Yup, and again, it's a damn shame.

I can fully understand if people are angry and frustrated with us. It's upsetting to read some of the things they say about us, but yeah, I can understand it.

I can't. It wasn't like you guys just woke up one day and decided. "Hey screw everyone else, we are keeping these for ourselves." It was people who can't act in a reasonable and ethical manner that caused this.

Edited by Manzilla

Test post ordered by Placebo himself!

Don't get me wrong, I totally support your cause and what you are trying to say.

Yet I differ on the means and methodology and cannot understand why you are punishing yourself and your own mod. You are keeping yourself from sharing the joy of a professionally done work, hours of hardwork which will be used & respected by many. This I cannot understand, especially for something done for enjoyment and provided for free.

What I am trying to say is -> addons are "nice to have", they are not a must. People will not hang themselves, or stop playing just because cant have UKF or BIS will not start banning every other player who uses some addon for their clan promotion.

For me the best slap to any thief/disrespectful player is a great release, and a community of players around your mod, with lots of bugreports & praises in your Mod thread/page.

Perm ban for I44_John: Spamming.

Just posting to thank PUKF for all the work they have done over the years that has provided me, still providing me with countless of hours of entertainment. Heck, all your OFP stuff is installed.

Good luck with your future endeavours.

I don't see how anyone can legitimately disagree with PUKF's decisions. I hope anyone who still holds it against them goes to their website and reads the thread on there. If anything PUKF are being thoughtful letting everyone know instead of simply going silent.

I am upset that a great team could be abused like this, community leaders should look at strengthening the rules and perhaps co-operate with all fan websites to keep these scumbags from just hopping around from here to armaholic or arma info. This sort of thing effects all mods, if more teams take a similar stance we may see respect improve.