Sign in to follow this  
EUROFIGHTERX

Serb paramilitary fighters v1.0

Hello,

As you see in the screenshots, I made addons of Serb paramilitary <s>terrorists</s> fighters consisting of 3 different models by retexturing the original game content. Link of download is below. Your mirrors are appreciated. To give a brief summary about the subject; from WW II era to the Yugoslavian civil war of 1991-1995, Serb paramilitary <s>terrorists</s> fighters who were acting in an uncontrolled manner committed distressing terrorist acts. I will also release missions covering Vukovar and Srebrenica. I think this addon will bring more realism to the ArmA. Comments are welcome.

Download Serb Paramilitary fighters v1.0

http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/addons/Serb_Terrorists_01.jpg

http://www.armedassault.info/ftp/pics/addons/Serb_Terrorists_02.jpg

EuroFighterX

OH dear lord... any bets how quickly this thread gets shut down once Serb ArmA/OFP players see this along with highly pro-Serb Russian players?  They'll probably ask you to rename them "Serb Freedom Fighters or at the very least, "Serb Nationalists."    

I still remember one OFP thread where the Greek players were shitting bricks over some Macedonian addon.

At any rate, the units look good.  I hope they are also balanced by some good Croatian, Bosnian (Muslim), and ethnic Albanian paramilitary units.   By the way, the guy with the beard looks especially good!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

OH dear lord... any bets how quickly this thread gets shut down once Serb ArmA/OFP players see this along with highly pro-Serb Russian players? They'll probably ask you to rename them "Serb Freedom Fighters or at the very least, "Serb Nationalists."

Good call, to prevent this I renamed this thread into "Serb military fighters".

Don't even think to start any sort of political discussion about this. wink_o.gif

Nice, we're just skinning Croats because we need some new targets ArmA beside insurgents wink_o.gif

Great Eurofighterx really!!!

I hoped for a long time to see an addon from the balcan theatre.

Are you planning to create other units for that conflict??

Nice job!! smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Nice, we're just skinning Croats because we need some new targets ArmA beside insurgents wink_o.gif

crazy_o.gif ..."targets"...

sad_o.gif    These addon looks very nice, but i cannot get it to work, when i go into mission editor it say "Missing Paa"  do i need Queens Gambit to play with these?  thanks in advance- ornelp  confused_o.gif

sad_o.gif These addon looks very nice, but i cannot get it to work, when i go into mission editor it say "Missing Paa" do i need Queens Gambit to play with these? thanks in advance- ornelp confused_o.gif

I guess so the bearded guy is a QG (mercenary) model. But a QG retextured model can run on ArmA provided all the required textures/rvmat files, etc.. are included in the addon.

hmm... thanks for the answers, i assumed i needed it due to the guy with the beard, i have yet to get QG, still waiting for the store shelf release, im not very fond of internet DL purchasing. well, its back to the UFO addon for me smile_o.gif

Nice retexture. Bearded guy looks cool.

When I first saw the thread I was "wtf is he dooing?"  crazy_o.gif .

I thougth it's crazy to touch this subject. It's still so fresh.

But now the problem is we cannot make missions because we're missing potential enemies. NATO forces back then had a no-intervention policy so the US soldiers will not fit into a mission.

To be honest I think this addon alone has no mission-making potential because of lack of potential enemy to start a firefight with.

Paramilitary and terrorists is two different things...These guys were not terrorists. They were fighting in a WAR. Sure, not in the regular army but they were soldiers in their paramilitary units. They were not doing terrorist attacks like blowing them selves up in a market or something. And they are only considered as terrorists by their enemys.

They're not freedom fighters, not nationalists, but people from a country who was in war. They wanted to help their country and their people. When i was in Serbia and there was something about kosovo on the news, some guys started talking about them forming a paramilitary unit if a war breaks out again. I dont consider them terrorists. If a war breaks out in my country (Sweden) and i cant get into the army, i'll gladly form a

paramilitary unit with my friends and others who want to support their country. It has nothing to do with terrorism.

Sure, alot of innocent people got killed, but ITS WAR. Is there any war were civilians DIDN'T die? In iraq right now, civilians are dying sometimes. Does that mean that the US Army, the USMC and all the rest of the coalition troops are terrorists?

Im gonna try this addon later. I have alot of paramilitary patches, if you need pics of any patches i could probably get some.

CCCC

I do not approve the changes on my post however I respect BIS forums.

The add-on I made is not about Serbian nation, it is however about the gangs who committed terrorist acts.

I do appreciate your interest and feedback. Thanks for the mirrors, especially for unchanged armedassault.info mirror.

Regards

Wow, unbelievable.....Remove this thread already, "Terrorists" this is really offensive.

Oh please, just shut up already. Every time someone uses the word "terrorist" or something, these pansies piss and moan. The title and post was edited, so quit whining and comment on the content at hand not personal views--which is what W0lle told you not to do.

Anyway back on topic--as it should be--I like the way they look, though I wish the picture quality was a wee bit better, then again I have crappy eyes anyway and should be wearing my glasses. tounge2.gif lol

I'll look forward to checking them out further once I get QG. I can't now, what with my birthday being 4 days before x-mas and all. I don't want to get it now and end up getting it as a present. rofl.gif

Anyway, looks good. Thanks for making a contribution to the game. thumbs-up.gif

hope that someone makes a kosovo liberation army terrorist mod soon. Just to even it up.

Any chance of an ArmA vanilla compatible release, I'm too busy to get QG for next few months at least.

Paramilitary and terrorists is two different things...These guys were not terrorists. They were fighting in a WAR. Sure, not in the regular army but they were soldiers in their paramilitary units. They were not doing terrorist attacks like blowing them selves up in a market or something. And they are only considered as terrorists by their enemys.

They're not freedom fighters, not nationalists, but people from a country who was in war. They wanted to help their country and their people. When i was in Serbia and there was something about kosovo on the news, some guys started talking about them forming a paramilitary unit if a war breaks out again. I dont consider them terrorists. If a war breaks out in my country (Sweden) and i cant get into the army, i'll gladly form a

paramilitary unit with my friends and others who want to support their country. It has nothing to do with terrorism.

Sure, alot of innocent people got killed, but ITS WAR. Is there any war were civilians DIDN'T die? In iraq right now, civilians are dying sometimes. Does that mean that the US Army, the USMC and all the rest of the coalition troops are terrorists?

Im gonna try this addon later. I have alot of paramilitary patches, if you need pics of any patches i could probably get some.

CCCC

Your signature, CCCC, belongs to "Chetniks". I know this sign. Why did you use this?