Issetea

Sahrani Life

i second bad cops problems. I already seen a cop making LSD run with a civilian into his own chopper. Once they had money enough, cop bought Abrahams and gave it to civil guy. Cops didnt get rocket convoy yet, so it was impossible to burn the M1. He destroyed all convoy and cops were out of ammo, game was ruined, i quit and i dont know how its finished........

In yesterday's event I had fun with robbing banks along with a teammate. At first he took care of the transport and I gave him the stolen money to store at bank... smile_o.gif we then did the same of on the convoy mission, ambushing it and then provide cover for transport to terrorist camp.

We also used other civilians as accomplices, since it was very intimidating to get $20K for just 1km taxi ride wink_o.gif we would also give out large guns, repairkits and food just to be gooood friends =) luckly, cops were very good and one civ also tried the "bounty hunter" job but didn't finish it smile_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

There will always be bad cops. Perhaps there should be a perameter around guilty parties that only bounty hunters can see. For instance if Civ1 decides to buy drugs and Civ10 is within a certain perameter than both are guilty parties to bounty hunters but the police only see Civ1 as red. Say Civ1 decides to sell the drugs and Cop1 is within a certain perameter, perhaps Civ1 shows red to cops and Cop1 shows red to bounty hunters. This would not only ensure that Civs seek other professions than the terrorists, and would ensure that police keep thier distance from the Civ's and arrest only what is actually the guilty party less they be arrested themselves!

With this bad cop thing, the problem really is were they get there weapons from. If they get a gun buying menu, they don't acctually have to pay, they just need to swap there gun back.

I'm an honest crook lol, i rarely kill civs and and get guns through the terrorist camp, it really takes away so much when bad cops come on.

Nobody quoted me yet, damn... sad_o.gif

IRL police weapons are not free gift for policemen, they must confess of what are they've done to them during duty ("and suddenly my gun disappeared...")... they aren't owners of their weapons. They use them during their duty and bring them back when got retired or fired from their job.

I vote for weapon status reports displayed for cops (chief cop?) :P

How about having an AI or several AI that randomly spawn and despawn at certain points in the towns in certain time increments but offers players mafia jobs. This way it wouldn't matter if the AI dies because he constantly spawns and despawns and it would give players a reason to be bad because they are persuing money and weapons through jobs given by the mafia. Then you link the mafia jobs to not only the drug dealer and terror but also to bounty hunter and cop jobs. This way there are now good civs and bad civs. This also gives the civs a reason to go to terror instead of lets just go to terror get weapons and rape town. Terror could also have it's own set of missions for players that purchase a terror liscense.

Mafia missions would be a great way for a civ to get money and weapons and seek out terror without going into town and mass murdering other civs. It would also give the bounty hunter and cops the opportunity to seek bad civs out of town and away from civ's doing the respectable jobs such as delivery, search and managing thier businesses. Perhaps one of the mafia jobs would be to rob a particular business in which civs that own that business lose money. Mafia jobs could also consist of buying drugs, but not necessarily selling them at the ussual place. Maybe one mafia job could be to hijack the cops ammo truck, taking it to terror and bringing back weapons for the mafia. There's alot you could do with it, just be a little creative.

Make bounty hunter and cop jobs. First off the civ markers are crap. I like the fact that if a civ commits a crime the marker turns a different color for a period of time. However there should be jobs that the cops and bounty hunters can do when civs turn bad in order to see a bad civ marker. This way cops and bounty hunters not only seek to capture them but also to gain benifits and cash from thier mission. For instance a cop or bounty hunter chooses a NARC mission. This particular civ or cop would then see a bad civ for a short period of time after they either 1, buy drugs, 2, deliver the drugs, or maybe 3, when they use the bank there could also be a chance that they were seen revealing thier marker for a short time. This would simulate people spotting the bad civ but wouldn't give the cops a complete heads up as to the exact whereabouts of a bad civ.

Civs should be the only ones that see Civ markers. Cops should be the only ones that see cop markers. When a civ does somthing they shouldn't, then thier marker could turn a different color for a short period of time. The bad civ marker could then dissapear to all other civs and cops and only appear again until 1, the civ dies, or 2, the civ is seen useing the bank or doing somthing else wrong which could trigger the marker to again appear for a short time. Cops should have to hunt out civs by using bounty hunters and communicating with other cops. This is more realistic and cops markers should turn a different color when they do somthing wrong just as civ markers do and they should also be arrestable as well.

If you don't give the civs enough to keep themselves occupied, then thats when they start killing spree's and turning the town into a deathmatch shooting range. Face it the last thing a civ wants to do right now is drive for hours to get a little cash when they can get some weapons from a friend or bad cop and turn sahrani into baghdad. Make the bounty hunter a more attractive role for a civ, and give the civs some new missions to keep them occupied.

IMHO markers should be "dot", way smaller... this way they are 2confusing.

Quote[/b] ]
I hate this idea,

I HATE ALL SUGGESTIONS WHICH LIMITS THE GAMES ABILITY'S OR FREEDOMS FOR ANY SIDE.

Okay, you, do we think diffrent, just because of you?

Quote[/b] ]I cant get it why people still suggesting such a POSSIBILITY/FREEDOM-LIMITING things to solve a problem - really curious to me.

Okay, you don't must get it, but we think so. The prison is Freedom Limiting also and you say nothing about that. The Controls are also freedom limiting. But we need specialy that to make a great game for all people.

Quote[/b] ]

Don't take it personal Modaflanker, i really like you, but i don't like to hear these kind of suggestions anymore.... really we should think about other ways to solve this, and there are other ways! wink_o.gif

I want to hear which Ideas you got WITHOUT freedom limiting and WITH success!

Quote[/b] ]I tell you something:

Firstly i doubt that issetea and fewo will incorporate such a bullshit, secondly if they would i will never play this mission as a cop again, PERIOD.

What does it matter to us when you don't play. I call it "your fault"

Quote[/b] ]

I HATE SUCH A TOTAL-CONTROL, the camera-cop-observing thing goes already a bit "too far" IMHO, but i think to myself "OK they probably use it very rarely...."

But we don't use it very rarely. How do you want play? Give the civillians all rights, give them freedom?

Okay, then got the police the FREEDOM to do what they want too.

The reason "freedom" is bullshit.

Lend me an ear smile_o.gif

It's great to be a cop in SL!! Wow I like it very much.

Now it would be great if cops could tie up a civ.

I mean if a civ is hit with a stun gun, cops have the option to avoid his getaway for only a short time. But this, I think, isn't enough. So we need a kind of handcuffs to disable the civ to run (only go slowly) or to drive any car.

The sense is that we (good) cops can need to communicate with the "criminal" civ. But if the civ could run away at this moment, cops can't get rid of this situation (but to empty the stun gun and arrest them for their minor offence ...or even kill sad_o.gif ). A handcuff would enable us to talk to each other, so nobody would feel like treated wrong, everybody would have the chance to justify.

Thx for you ear... smile_o.gif

that cop prison is standard in 1.12, deus.

DOH

I knew that, I was just testing you Jana.

**Cough** you passed.

Nobody quoted me yet, damn... sad_o.gif

IRL police weapons are not free gift for policemen, they must confess of what are they've done to them during duty ("and suddenly my gun disappeared...")... they aren't owners of their weapons. They use them during their duty and bring them back when got retired or fired from their job.

No, from the moment I got my gun you can carry it off-duty and do not have to turn it in.

Nobody quoted me yet, damn...  sad_o.gif

No, from the moment I got my gun you can carry it off-duty and do not have to turn it in.

AFAIK it depends on the type of your duty.

I doubt if any cop is allowed to take 10 assault rifles and amount of ammunition sufficient to supply infantry squad at once  crazy_o.gif

I think the problem isn't freedom or bad cops or even bad civs. The problem is that Sahrani Life was designed to simulate life. You just can't do that in ArmA. Sahrani Life should be somthing like a mission game that allows civs and cops to interact through missions with goals in mind. I think the creator started out good but the problem is that people concentrate on how to make the sim more realistic when in fact there is no realisim at all. There's no goal in the game thats the problem.

the ArmA AI behaviour is in diametric opposition to the way people would actually react to certain situations.

People got to be careful what they ask for smile_o.gif

In ArmA 2, AI will run behind buildings or any type of cover, and THEN peek from this cover, firing.

Where you previously had an entire AI body to shoot at, now you have to be so accurate as to PICK OFF THE PEEKING HEAD of AI.

Oh yes, the noobs will scream and cry...

once again and 1000 times again. I said it to Jane and kindly repeat - you can think out 100 details about how to control cops so they not joining as cops to fill cars with ammo to rejoin back as civ but if not to make cops be interesting playing as cop and civ to be interesting playing as civs! Not special cameras will help u to control players/cops neither any other in game details but just logical game play. And if some1 joins as cop just to cheat that means that i'm absolutely right - this person feels boring to play.

to Blazen

Quote[/b] ]There's no goal in the game thats the problem.

I agree with u, at least somebody else realize it. I really believe creators of the mission will pay more attention on making goals for the mission. Well, i called it - logic of the mission but no matter how u call it there must be goal to play for sure.

I think more interaction with non-playable characters. What I mean is, instead of flagpoles for a drug dealer, make it a guy who looks like Tony Montana or something. Make a terrorist guy in the Terror camp that gives missions of terror to destroy buildings, spawn A.I. to assassinate, etc.

Re: Cops and ammo stashes around the city

Maybe there's a simple solution that can satisfy everyone.

Can cops have a "confiscate weapon" option in their menu so they can clear out any weapons they find on the ground?

Its not easy to "remove" a stash when you are already loaded up... so you got to manually transfer it to a vehicle and bring it back to cop base or torch the vehicle you loaded the stash up in to get rid of it...

This way it keeps the game in flux with stashes... that stashes work but then eventually the cops bust them and clear them out...

I think the problem isn't freedom or bad cops or even bad civs. The problem is that Sahrani Life was designed to simulate life. You just can't do that in ArmA. Sahrani Life should be somthing like a mission game that allows civs and cops to interact through missions with goals in mind. I think the creator started out good but the problem is that people concentrate on how to make the sim more realistic when in fact there is no realisim at all. There's no goal in the game thats the problem.

There is already the Sims, so why trying to use the arma engine to make a sims like game or something ? Arma is a war simulator game, a combat action game, a doom like game and i hope creators wont forgive that. Its cool to have to work or eat but we need some arma action to keep and attract players to SL. RPG realism is a fact, for example add the need to sleep(stay 4 hours in front of ur screen without doing anything) and nobody will keep playing SL.

Btw the huge respawn time delay already made a lot of peoples bored with SL, another realistic thing to remove.

You ask why?

Answer: Because ArmA can!

It's pretty safe to say SL is a popular MP map with servers actually named after it.

In Sims you cant shoot people or freely drive about.

I don't think any other life RPG game in the world offers the level of freedom ArmA offers.

Jeez turn the respawn to a max of 120 seconds....... waiting around for respawn is really frustrating and dull.

Otherwise strangely addictive

I concur Wolfbite!

It's me General Nuisance; we had a good game last night. The usual assorted group of numpties playing cops but nevermind. I would suggest dramatically lowering the respawn time rates. Or at least have a cap on the maximum spawn time. 120 seconds sounds reasonable. Whilst I understand the incremental respawn times were added to..'coerce' people into not just doing random killing sprees or suicide runs. It can in effect punish players that die as a result of itchy trigger fingered players or just general incompetence.

Btw when people start as civs, what are the first few things they do to make a lot of money?

I've tried doing only deliveries so that I could buy out all 6 businesses, but that took me in excess of 2 hours.

I was told that buying workers helps, but at 5,000 a go that's a hefty price tag and it does take a while for them to accumulate funds, which only appropriate to about 8,000.

The only other things I haven't tried is harvesting grain/wheat and fishing. Do they yield much cash?

Ta!

to Blazen
Quote[/b] ]There's no goal in the game thats the problem.

I agree with u, at least somebody else realize it. I really believe creators of the mission will pay more attention on making goals for the mission. Well, i called it - logic of the mission but no matter how u call it there must be goal to play for sure.

funny, is there a goal in life? biggrin_o.gif

QuietMan

I have many goals in life don't you?

I would also like to see a QG version of this. There's alot of very cool units like say the spy for cops?

Quote[/b] ]Jeez turn the respawn to a max of 120 seconds....... waiting around for respawn is really frustrating and dull.

Otherwise strangely addictive

Yes the respawn time is some what a joke. Most of the time its not mmy fault i die. I either get run down. or killed by noob cop for no reason or some civ with gun on a killing rampage. Why should players be punished with this with almost 5min respawn time when u have around 7 deaths.

Also id like to see one of fee to bank insurance as some times you forget to get it and you loose alot of money. i once lost 100k in 20min because of bank robbers.

The bank is far to easy to rob with it being out of town and civ markers off. Once you rob the bank you can pretty much get way easy if no comes there sence you disapear of radar when you head east so maybe bank should be in another location

Also this map could do with ammo bug remover option like in cr cti where you can clear the ground of all ammo whitch is caused by put to much ammo into a vehichle

Also this map could do with ammo bug remover option like in cr cti where you can clear the ground of all ammo whitch is caused by put to much ammo into a vehichle

There is no ammobug in ArmA wink_o.gif

just the ammo that doesnt fit in a crate will be outside now. nothing to worry about